Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

Got curl grubs in me soil, never had a problem, might have to kill em when i see em

i don't turn me soil over, just a light garden forking, once in may/june before i throw on whatever is going on the bed(shit) and a week or two before i plant

the soil is alive with all sorts of creepy crawly's here, most things grow well

I've had a one or two in my cold compost bin and found 1 in my other compost area and puffed them before adding to plot holes.

right

your prob right , it's your call

one , you could use the nematodes to see if it works

two , don't dig one spot & just cover crop it , keep roots growing in the one plot until next season

Won't worry bout the nematodes this time but thinking might go thru soil when plant is well and truly rooted from them (or just save what I can and do a hash run) sift thru soil and get the buggers out then do a decent cover crop with legumes and such and see if that keeps them away.

Thanks for your info DNG and once again for yours itchy.

Cheers

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 2

Yep this is all good info. Lately I haven't bothered with ACT, just some castings desolved in tank water and maybe a bit of Seasol splashed in. I have no idea what happens so figured I wouldn't bother with ACT or anything this time, I've been focused more on top feed with mulch and casting, just a little but often seems to help rather than one big lot at once. This way your mulch layer is always at various stages of decomposition which is good I think?
  • Upvote 1

Yeah it's great stuff. I've been sprinkling it everywhere, worm farm is even lovin it. I feel like it's some kind of magic dust that will improve just about any soil you put it on. Well worth the investment. Good for someone like me who is lazy when it comes to working out what to mix up. You've done all the hard work so I don't have to wonder if what I'm putting on is good. Thanks
  • Upvote 1

Having trouble poopping in this soil tho, seedling mix seems to have sprouted more , ill keep tinker ing with more beans

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Some times the chunky aeration can make it difficult to pop seeds... Was thinking of making a seed starter with less aeration... Also I'll add to that, Ive found that the seed needs to stay moist during germination process so it requires constant amounts of water right where the seed is until it sprouts. The aeration can cause too much air around seed and stop it from staying properly moist. Edited by DoNothingGarden
  • Upvote 1