Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

And for those familiar with living soil grown cannabis, they will know that the finished product is amazing: terpene and cannaboid production really takes off when a plant is left in control of its own metabolic processes. Would be great to get some tests done of finished product and compare with synthetic grown for some real facts. Rather than advertise my soil though, I really was hoping to spark up a higher level convo about organic cultivation methods with living soil lol

A side by side grow indoors would be good. Say LED vs. HPS

Only joking, DNG. lol

BTW, I like what your doing here. Hopefully it takes off for you. :good:

Last season I made up a no till bed and the grow was really good (WWxBB) healthy and green no complaints. I decided to do another bed this season some as, when reestablishing hole, as in digging old dirt out there was at least 2 dozen curl grubs in the soil so they were all quickly squashed, stomped, splattered and terminated and then filled up with a no till soil. So, out of 7 holes 6 were all dug up except the already no till bed, now this bed not being dug up, I still gave it a good soil drench of neem and a feed with amendments before putting plant in. All through vege stage I was still feeding all plants with neem and kelp tea trying to keep an IPM plan in action, so now the only plant showing signs of curl grub is the plant in the no till bed which I never dug up. With the signs of the curl grub I cut of wilting branch and have been super soil drenching with neem and neem with EM1 and it seemed good for a couple of weeks and now another branch wilted so some again. All of that for a question, am I going to upset any of the microbial going on's or what ever if I dig up the no till soil to check for curl grubs cause they just fuck your plant up big time,

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Last season I made up a no till bed and the grow was really good (WWxBB) healthy and green no complaints. I decided to do another bed this season some as, when reestablishing hole, as in digging old dirt out there was at least 2 dozen curl grubs in the soil so they were all quickly squashed, stomped, splattered and terminated and then filled up with a no till soil. So, out of 7 holes 6 were all dug up except the already no till bed, now this bed not being dug up, I still gave it a good soil drench of neem and a feed with amendments before putting plant in. All through vege stage I was still feeding all plants with neem and kelp tea trying to keep an IPM plan in action, so now the only plant showing signs of curl grub is the plant in the no till bed which I never dug up. With the signs of the curl grub I cut of wilting branch and have been super soil drenching with neem and neem with EM1 and it seemed good for a couple of weeks and now another branch wilted so some again. All of that for a question, am I going to upset any of the microbial going on's or what ever if I dig up the no till soil to check for curl grubs cause they just fuck your plant up big time,

Check out the Nemassist® nematodes, they are a parasite to curl grubs. Also plant alot of covercrops, particularly legumes as curl grubs hate them. If you don't have covercrops then that is a real piece of the picture missing as far as no till growing goes. Applying Neem meal is a good strategy, I wouldn't apply more than once per week though .. like anything, keep the soil healthy with plenty of mulch and the good will out-compete the bad. I would topdress with mineral amendments, not use teas so much in a larger no till bed. Top that with castings or compost and mulch. You want to be sure your soil is charged with minerals.
  • Upvote 1

+1 DNG said , nematodes for trying to fix now 

Check out the Nemassist® nematodes, they are a parasite to curl grubs. Also plant alot of covercrops, particularly legumes as curl grubs hate them. If you don't have covercrops then that is a real piece of the picture missing as far as no till growing goes. Applying Neem meal is a good strategy, I wouldn't apply more than once per week though .. like anything, keep the soil healthy with plenty of mulch and the good will out-compete the bad. I would topdress with mineral amendments, not use teas so much in a larger no till bed. Top that with castings or compost and mulch. You want to be sure your soil is charged with minerals.

apart from your suggestions , would he get any benefit from making a legume seed sprout tea as a soil drench ?

Would the plant be too far gone to save? It's been flowering for bouts 4 too 6 weeks, the buds only small and not really growing too well (as expected) and I've chopped of 2 branches. I've checked out the Nemmassist sounds really good but thinking may be too late, got all intentions of cover crop in off season but still think good idea to check for grubs by digging. I've had this prob before must be bad area for them. Like the no till idea but want to eliminate the grub problem

• Upvote 1

+1 DNG said , nematodes for trying to fix now 

apart from your suggestions , would he get any benefit from making a legume seed sprout tea as a soil drench ?

Sprouted seed teas are purely for the enzymes and speeding up the nutrient cycling in your soil. Amazing for doing this. Absolutely separate to IPM or growing covercrops which are for overall soil health, water holding, physical structure and producing diverse sugars for the soil food web to consume and exchange with your crop.
  • Upvote 1

Would the plant be too far gone to save? It's been flowering for bouts 4 too 6 weeks, the buds only small and not really growing too well (as expected) and I've chopped of 2 branches. I've checked out the Nemmassist sounds really good but thinking may be too late, got all intentions of cover crop in off season but still think good idea to check for grubs by digging. I've had this prob before must be bad area for them. Like the no till idea but want to eliminate the grub problem

I would just let it go. Implement all the things I mentioned and it will be ok. Just a few of those grubs won't hurt anyway... Let nature take its course.

Sprouted seed teas are purely for the enzymes and speeding up the nutrient cycling in your soil. Amazing for doing this. Absolutely separate to IPM or growing covercrops which are for overall soil health, water holding, physical structure and producing diverse sugars for the soil food web to consume and exchange with your crop.

right 

your prob right , it's your call 

one , you could use the nematodes to see if it works 

two , don't dig one spot & just cover crop it , keep roots growing in the one plot until next season