Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

I know, costs add up when you produce something that is viable, quality living organic potting soil. Certified organic worm castings that we use are 1100/M3 alone. We steer clear of pine bark based compost. Most of landscaping yards supply low quality, unfinished compost that hasn't completed its cycle and can actually cause problems in a container situation... It's hot, mostly bacteria and possibly containing pathogenic organisms... Compost needs to finish and mature. Landscape yard compost is simply a way to sell waste reduction via local councils, the producers do not care what state their compost is in when it's sold. We put a lot of work in to get the good shit. There's only 1 or 2 producers in Victoria that actually produce their thermophilic compost for the sole purpose of growing produce. It's mature, contains a lot of carbon, organic matter, hence a plethora of life. With compost maturity after it has been managed right through the thermophilic stage, it starts to attract a diverse soil food web of Fungi, bacteria (of course), protozoa, nematodes, earthworms, predatory mites/shredders etc. When combines with high grade worm castings, mixed with all the minerals, kelp meal etc... You end up with some seriously beautiful plants that are resistant to pests, yield great, and produce insane amounts of terpene, cannabinoid and other compounds that we like... Anywho, I'll get off my soap box now lol Edited by DoNothingGarden
  • Upvote 4

Do it Billy! Mine cost me about 20 bucks to set up with 3 cheap black tubs from Bunnings then I just got a small booster pack of worms for about 30.

It took months to get really going so my advice start asap. You don't need to do much to it. A small amount of castings is teaming with life. I kind of forgot about using mine and got lazy. Recently grabbed some and mixed with compost and it made a huge difference after struggling with my seedlings and clones for months.

Only saying mate, motivating me to get in to worm farming :).

Totally, they should come down in price significantly soon, it's been expensive in an urban setting. They will get produced on a farm soon.

Only saying mate, motivating me to get in to worm farming :).

And yes, get into worm farming especially if you have land! I'll buy some for sure