vaporizer which one to choose

Just on this, I got some fantastic service from Australian vaporisers, quick post.

Small oversight item was missed, resent express post and a nice freebie to make up for it.

Great service couldn't be happier.

Great Aussie Company.

I'm not connected in anyway with them just happy customer.

Yeah likewise. It'd make sense for them to be a site sponsor here.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Nice, would love to hear a review of it after you have it dialed in.

Sure...

I'm an ex smoker, and no wish to restart.

Hence I vape and vape light.

I use the dosing capsules, there are the fierce ones, they are fair size, but I like the glass mouthpiece, n they don't fit, but the fury2 dosing capsules are quite small but fit in the glass mouthpiece perfectly.

Both these capsules are extras but only 20 for 5 so quite economic.

Suit me fine.

Up till now just been doing a 3min session at 185c, this seems to suit the small capsule, and the flavour is great.

I took it up to 190, but it instantly was like smoking tobacco, def not what I wanted.

So kept at 185

Perfect for my light vaping.

Different strains will have their own sweet spot of course.

Unit very well made, quality built item, battery life great, plus replaceable.

So this is not a throw away once battery gone unit, like most phones nowadays.

$300 though. Battery is about $30

The capsules are fantastic for clean up, as just tip the capsule out when done n no mess in actual bowl of unit, so keeps it all clean.

I put the glass mouth piece in isopropyl alcohol for a soak after n it comes out like new.

Has plenty of grunt and the heater recovery is fast if you really wanted to turn it up n rip big ones long n fast repetitively.

All up really pleased with it.

Long term unit this one, nothing to really wear out that's not replaceable.

Cheers

In the next couple weeks I might order a stempod. Seems to be very similar design to the splinter but has replaceable coils just like a RDA style ecig. I have heaps of ecig shit as ive been vaping ecigs for about 8 years.

I have been on the ecigs for quite a few years as well, even DIY my own eliquids. I opted for the Splinter Z over others for a few reason, the Zion was fantastic on it's release and the Splinter Z has the Zion heater, which basically a well built ceramic heater. This brings me to the part where I don't have to worry about coils funking up, I don't have to adjust if I wrap a coil just that little different to the other and don't have to worry about wattage settings vs the ohms. Basically just a load n go device. I've never had a test drive of the Stempod so can't compare air flow to each other, and that was another reason I was partial is that I had a test drive of the normal Splinter v2

K9 I also forgot to mention about the Splinter Z is that I stopped using TCR mode and gone back to wattage mode at 40w....seems to be better to me than TCR

I am also an e-cig user with heaps of shit and it will be 10 years next Feb without a smoke.

I modified one of my old dripping atties to take a vapcap with out the VapCaps cap on and heat the herb by convection.I was trying to sort of emulate a modpod or how a log vape works.

It looks like a VapCap poking out the top of an atomiser.

It works quite well but I still prefer my Dyna VapCap used normally so far.

I am interested in seeing the reviews etc of the upcoming Fury Edge, could be a bit of a goer.

Edited by RC.
  • Upvote 1

An update on the Splinter Z.

I am taking seriously huge (above normal size for me) rips on the Splinter Z, and they are so smooth and flavoured. Very impressed with it, my only complaint so far is the size of the unit sitting next to me on the side table and I fear I am going to knock it. So to rectify this I am removing the glass mouth piece after a sesh and storing it in the remote control caddy.

Awesome hey, once you get it packed right,I found it kicking arse in the terpene profile of vape and taste it really good.

• Upvote 1

Hi crew,I brought a volcano vape about 15 to 20 yrs ago and just about everyone here on this site told me I was mad to pay that much for a vape as they were only a new kid  on the bloke all them years back.

But I can tell you all this volcano has been good to me,It shit it's self about 5-1/2 years after I brought it,The air pump crapped it self So I rang the crew that do the warranty on them an they told me to send it back to them in Germany.

It was two  months outta warranty but they still fixed it an put an upgraded air pump in for free {no charge to me}They did not have to do this but did plus they sent me a free bee as well.

Now ya can't complain about that kindda service.

My volcano is still going strong,So if you are going up market for a vape the volcano is the way to go,

All the parts of the volcano are good an tuff an will last you a long long time plus you can use heavy duty cleaning fluids to clean the parts out I use a cleaner called Citro-clean it just melts away the muck on any of the volcano parts.

There is quite a few high end vapes on the market these days an a lot of them use glass parts that don't take muck to break.

Hope this bit of dribble will help some of you crew choose a vape.

Happy vaping crew,Regards Dingo-2008.   

• Upvote 1

Hi crew,I brought a volcano vape about 15 to 20 yrs ago and just about everyone here on this site told me I was mad to pay that much for a vape as they were only a new kid on the bloke all them years back.

But I can tell you all this volcano has been good to me,It shit it's self about 5-1/2 years after I brought it,The air pump crapped it self So I rang the crew that do the warranty on them an they told me to send it back to them in Germany.

It was two months outta warranty but they still fixed it an put an upgraded air pump in for free {no charge to me}They did not have to do this but did plus they sent me a free bee as well.

Now ya can't complain about that kindda service.

My volcano is still going strong,So if you are going up market for a vape the volcano is the way to go,

All the parts of the volcano are good an tuff an will last you a long long time plus you can use heavy duty cleaning fluids to clean the parts out I use a cleaner called Citro-clean it just melts away the muck on any of the volcano parts.

There is quite a few high end vapes on the market these days an a lot of them use glass parts that don't take muck to break.

Hope this bit of dribble will help some of you crew choose a vape.

Happy vaping crew,Regards Dingo-2008.

Awesome long term review of the Volcano, do you have the Classic or the Digital. As I can't vouch to compare one over the other, and have only had a vape from the Digital. S&B hit the market strong and fast with the Volcano family, and still on top of the leader board in both desktop and portable with the Crafty and Mighty. I have the Mighty (had mine before the clone knock offs hit the market) and personally have not had to deal with or use their warranty service to comment if they are good or bad, so thank you for including that bit of information.

I am constantly watching Vape Critic, Sneaky Pete and a few others on YouTube and with the Vaporizer market being flooded with new innovative gear on what seems to be a monthly basis, they always seem to use the Volcano, Crafty/Mighty as a bench mark for vapor quality. Which even tho most reviews on YouTube are biased, due to the Tuber getting the items for free for the purposes of the review as well as likes & subscribes so they get their paycheck from YouTube. It still amazes me how stuff that was developed and released last month are still compared to a Vaporizer that was put on the drawing board by Markus Storz in 1996 and released to the public in 2000 (2003 for the US market) and still lives on top of the ladder today