need some direction

Bosco

Question

During my late teens and 20's i used pot recreationally. After about a 10 year gap i tried it again, this time i lost my shite....to this day i never understood what happened. I had smoked pot 100's of times before, however, this one time may years later almost made me lose my mind.

Would love to hear some theories from some experts. 

Could it have been laced?(i am not sure if that's a thing)

Could i have overdone it? (My method of delivery was a bucket bong, remember first bong in 10 years)

The reason i need to know this, is i have severe lower back issues, and have tried every opiate, norspan, targin, fentanyl, oxy, endone, tramadol, toradol. etc.....nothing even touches the pain. I have even had the nerves burnt in my back, which gave no relief.

I am very ignorant in this area and i am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am not looking to be stoned, i just want some pain relief and to be able to function relatively normal. I don't know anything about oils nor the preferred strains for my needs. I do know that i don't want something that takes the edge of, it has to really pack a punch otherwise it's not worth it.

I hope i have been clear.

regards

Sounds to me like you smokeda strong sativa and it tripped you out a bit made you all paranoid and shit. Super self aware and all That.

Adding to that your delivery method ie. Bucket bong would have blown your tits off.

I think if your looking into pain relief added to that no trippy bullshit ypu should try get your hands on a 1 to 1 strain high in cbd. Look for strains like cbd critical mass.

Nice Mellow stone that really helps with pain. Cbd is the world's most effective anti inflammatory naturally occurring and the side effect of cbd is anti anxiety so it's truly a healing plant.

Oils made from this would be perfect for your pain relief used in conjunction with a salve and some yoga or something could really help your pain and the way you feel..

Sounds to me like you smokeda strong sativa and it tripped you out a bit made you all paranoid and shit. Super self aware and all That.

Adding to that your delivery method ie. Bucket bong would have blown your tits off.

I think if your looking into pain relief added to that no trippy bullshit ypu should try get your hands on a 1 to 1 strain high in cbd. Look for strains like cbd critical mass.

Nice Mellow stone that really helps with pain. Cbd is the world's most effective anti inflammatory naturally occurring and the side effect of cbd is anti anxiety so it's truly a healing plant.

Oils made from this would be perfect for your pain relief used in conjunction with a salve and some yoga or something could really help your pain and the way you feel..

Cheers. what is "cbd critical mass"?

Scratch that, just found out.

Edited by Bosco

wow 10 year break and your first hit is a bucket bong lol, what did you expect ?? Add to that it sounds like a sativa affect as wi fi said. You need to ease back in, moderation is the key and also stay away from high thc strains. If you cant get anything with low thc just smoke a few tokes on a joint, bongs hit much harder.

During my late teens and 20's i used pot recreationally. After about a 10 year gap i tried it again, this time i lost my shite....to this day i never understood what happened. I had smoked pot 100's of times before, however, this one time may years later almost made me lose my mind.

Would love to hear some theories from some experts.

Could it have been laced?(i am not sure if that's a thing)

Could i have overdone it? (My method of delivery was a bucket bong, remember first bong in 10 years)

The reason i need to know this, is i have severe lower back issues, and have tried every opiate, norspan, targin, fentanyl, oxy, endone, tramadol, toradol. etc.....nothing even touches the pain. I have even had the nerves burnt in my back, which gave no relief.

I am very ignorant in this area and i am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am not looking to be stoned, i just want some pain relief and to be able to function relatively normal. I don't know anything about oils nor the preferred strains for my needs. I do know that i don't want something that takes the edge of, it has to really pack a punch otherwise it's not worth it.

I hope i have been clear.

regards

Hey Bosco i think you just spun out or what they call greened out lol..I also had 10 year break went mining drug test EVERY week ..I done my back in L4-5 'needs bone graft and lemanectomy ..I no longer work in the mines so i started smoking again for the first week ..half cones or two tokes on a joint.anymore i would be paranoid freaking out greening out lol ..After two weeks all was good no problem now can smoke a Q a day ..i have just started my wind back on the tremadol after 8 years of it eating my liver and kydneys ..hence why im back in the grow game also my partner has fibromyalgia and auto immune disease ..not to mention sleeping and a few other problems ..anyway go slow to start and all will be good cheers ..

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Hiya bosca:)

just finished watching one of the great vids that cardrona links - this one was on terpenes.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/79525-terpenes/

a fella on the panel who has been involved with cannabis for many a year and lately in dispensaries, mentions that he noticed a trend with many medical patients ... basically anyone that had used opiates for a fair while for pain relief, benefitted mostly from fuel strains - in particular og strains, like og kush. said that regardless of thc level (14-28%) the terpene profile of og strains worked well.

in your situation, perhaps growing a low thc og or diesel strain might prove effective for your pain relief.

the vid gets into this situation at about 29 minutes, if interested.

I was similar to you. Especially now I grow my own. High THC strains were most likely in the low teens back then if that. Now they can be far more.

I use a CBD in a vape pen “look up KOI CBD” it can knock that crap out of a to bigger head stone.

I use edibles a lot now and find that has a much longer desired effect.

Tend to save the cones for wipe out time or to green a mate out these days lol

Grew OG Kush last grow. They aren’t wrong. Can’t smoke it and go to bed, very racey and creative, pain reduction huge. Great for wake and bake.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Exactly what I do Mre, add CBD vape oil to my dry herb to knock back the head high a little. Stops the paranoi, anxiety dead in its tracks. Still takes me to a good place, without the undesirable effects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then vape a little straight CBD later on too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Bosco i think you just spun out or what they call greened out lol..I also had 10 year break went mining drug test EVERY week ..I done my back in L4-5 'needs bone graft and lemanectomy ..I no longer work in the mines so i started smoking again for the first week ..half cones or two tokes on a joint.anymore i would be paranoid freaking out greening out lol ..After two weeks all was good no problem now can smoke a Q a day ..i have just started my wind back on the tremadol after 8 years of it eating my liver and kydneys ..hence why im back in the grow game also my partner has fibromyalgia and auto immune disease ..not to mention sleeping and a few other problems ..anyway go slow to start and all will be good cheers ..

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hey dude, yeah my back issue is from the mines too...full body vibration from the big machinery is what they say. I have had tramadol, toradol, norspan, fentanyl, palexia...and every other opiate there is...nothing touches the pain. I have now tried tintures and other things recommended in these posts with no success, i have now decided to try growing, as sourcing the finished product is not an option. After doing some research, i am leaning towards harlequin, blue cheese or blackberry cush (not sure that is correct). I have ordered from seedsman the blue cheese, however am having trouble finding the others. Any advice would be really helpful, as in is their a reputable seed bank here in Aus, and any recommendations for strains for chronic back pain, without anxious or similar side effects. Cheers