• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit
Sol-Sense 315W Sol-Unit LEC Digital Ballst Kit

Photo

first time grower - 4 plants and 2 different issues. help please!

- - - - - OG Kush; autoflower jack herer indoor grow problem help first time grower

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

jables

jables

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

Hi all, 

First time poster/first time grower, but long time lurker. I'm posting now because I'm really stumped with whats wrong, so I'm hoping that you guys will be able to assist and help me ID these problems. 

My setup:

------------

Indoor

Soil (Canna Terra w/20% perlite)

Water every day, nute feed (1/2 Lucas formula + cal/mag) every 2nd day

PH: 6 going in, about 7 coming out (approximately)

20 degrees temp, 50% humidity

450w LED

4" extract fan through carbon filter

Growing:

---------------

2 x OG Kush (autoflower) - 4 weeks

2 x Jack Herer (photo-period) - 2 months

* Yes - I know its weird mixing an auto and a photo-period. I will be passing the Jack on to a friend soon, but at the moment I am running both on 24 hour lights schedule (to maintain temps).

Problem(s):

---------------

As you can see in the photos, I have 2 separate problems.

The Jack has started to turn yellow at the base of the plant and this is spreading to new growth. Is this maybe nutrient defficiency or root rot? These plants are in 2 gal pots

The OG has been getting these really weird brown/rust coloured spots on it. It is spreading to the new growth as well. I'm more worried about these than the Jack tbh...is this a fungi?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would hate to lose these girls!

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

ShitsNGiggles

ShitsNGiggles

Stoned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 Posts:
Looks over watered. Looks like leaf rust. Some nitrogen deficiency as well, be it from root rot or insufficient N IDK.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

papasmurf99

papasmurf99

Smoking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 Posts:
Do you let it dry right out before you water it?

jables

jables

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 Posts:

thanks heaps for that. so overwatering can cause leaf rust? I might just lay off the water /feeding for a bit. How long would you recommend I wait between watering/feeding? 

I know people say to wait until the soil is dry, but is there generally a timeframe I could use as a guide (like every 4 days or something?)

I'll up the nitrogen when i start feeding next too...the Lucas formula doesnt have have much nitrogen in the feeding regime

papasmurf99

papasmurf99

Smoking

• Members
  • 681 Posts:
It will change during the plants life cycle and environmental conditions but 1-3 days i found when i grew in 2 gal smart pots. As far as nutrients, keep it simple stoner. First run just use base nutrients then once you get your first run out of the way experiment. Have a look at megacrop, super easy powdered nutes. Get the room right, ph right, and they will be happy.

I like coco, you literally cannot overwater it.

jables

jables

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 Posts:

In terms of watering - I dont really let it fully dry out. Maybe that is my problem? I'm probably killing it with kindness....

yeah I'll try what you said and wait it out. Next grow I will definitely switch to coco - seems like that is a winner.

papasmurf99

papasmurf99

Smoking

• Members
  • 681 Posts:
It's just about finding what works for you mate, the medium and the nutes aren't much of an issue, they all work, the biggest thing you can do is control the ph, ec, ventillation, temperature and humidity. And the right light for the right area.

nici

nici

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1085 Posts:
What type of led are you running? Those spots look like cal and mag issues. Ive found that with the "blurple" colour lights you do need to up the calmag a little. That pale leaf also looks like a nitrogen issues.

gallery_7617_565_5131.jpg

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||----|||---On Your
---|||----|||---account If
---|||----|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too...
More compassion in this world is what we need!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to expect when buying and using the Australia Post Load&Go rechargable credit card - https://cannabis.com...go-easy-as-123/

jables

jables

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 Posts:

I'm running a viparspectra 450w LED. I have the bloom and the veg lights on, so it is 'blurple' type of light. I'll up the cal mag....I was doing 2ml per gal, but maybe I should double that?

Thanks for the tips on that. I think the solution might be to wait a bit more between watering and up the nitrogen when I do feed. Would you recommend feeding each time I water?

papasmurf99

papasmurf99

Smoking

• Members
  • 681 Posts:

I'm running a viparspectra 450w LED. I have the bloom and the veg lights on, so it is 'blurple' type of light. I'll up the cal mag....I was doing 2ml per gal, but maybe I should double that?

Thanks for the tips on that. I think the solution might be to wait a bit more between watering and up the nitrogen when I do feed. Would you recommend feeding each time I water?

Yeah, as long as you water to a decent runoff should be able to feed everytime? I'm not a soil guy though so can't take that as gospel lol. I usually use about 1ml/litre of cal mag in coco, not sure in soil.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OG Kush;, autoflower, jack herer, indoor, grow problem, help, first time grower

Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst
Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.