Greens announce national plan to legalise cannabis.

Step in the right direction? Probably not going to vote greens because I don't like death tax and a whole bunch of other bad policies. but won't this spark a giant jump towards legalization from major parties because the amount of people who will show interest in voting greens because of legalising weed. a major percentage of voters smoke weed, plus weed is trendy among the younger voters so I believe this is a good step regardless of what others think on this forum..... (Be gentle).

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The government is the one pushing for legal pot legislation, at least here in Vic 

it will happen as soon as everyone is set to go, won't be long now

the governments have never seen a $ they don't want or can control, can't have the people making a buck, at least not an unregulated one

ALL TAX IS THEFT 

lol lol lol next

The government is the one pushing for legal pot legislation, at least here in Vic 

it will happen as soon as everyone is set to go, won't be long now

the governments have never seen a $ they don't want or can control, can't have the people making a buck, at least not an unregulated one

ALL TAX IS THEFT 

lol lol lol next

Thats the thing about legalisation in Australia. I'm really not sure how much say the Federal Government has on the matter, pretty sure drug legislation is a State Government matter. Federal only has say in what can cross our international borders as far as I understand it (imports/exports) Could be wrong on that. That means its going to have to happen state by state. South Australia has had decriminalisation since 1987 and from what I hear, an organisation pushing for legalisation in Australia was looking at South Australia as the best bet for legalisation. They were going to lobby Jay Weatherill, although he has since been replaced by Liberal Stephen Marshall who is not exactly progressive when it comes to social matters. Now, South Australia is more likely to go the other way, as I had heard the Liberals were campaigning on a "Tough on Drugs" stance in South Australia. Maybe it will have to be up to Victoria now..  

Whatever you may think of the politics of the greens, it is already sparking debate.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-19/why-australia-should-scrap-prohibiting-cannabis-and-start-tax/9671240

lol its good to see the governments propaganda news channel doing its job, the debate started long before the greens dribble of an idea

as i said its the gov pushing it, there is lots of $$$$$ to be stolen off the people 

my bet is on Victoria to go first, right after the next election and before the one after that

so sometime in the next 4 years 

electricity Bill will make sure the feds are on side, they will push hard for it, billions of $$$$$ are at stake 

patience is needed grasshoppers it WILL happen 

• Upvote 3

lol its good to see the governments propaganda news channel doing its job, the debate started long before the greens dribble of an idea

as i said its the gov pushing it, there is lots of $$$$$ to be stolen off the people

my bet is on Victoria to go first, right after the next election and before the one after that

so sometime in the next 4 years

electricity Bill will make sure the feds are on side, they will push hard for it, billions of $$$$$ are at stake

patience is needed grasshoppers it WILL happen

Pedro is it really you? What you just said makes 100% sense and had not sarcastic remarks.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Pedro is it really you? What you just said makes 100% sense and had not sarcastic remarks.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Pedro and I clearly don't see the same politically but I reckon he wants to be free to smoke/grow without legal issues just the same as most of us. Its good that just like in the US, the cannabis issue seems to cross the political divide. Just differences of opinion in policy, but we all want weed legal. For the record, i'd rather not pay Tax on it but i'd rather that than getting legal convictions over it. If they allow us tp grow at least a little personal for those so inclined, then if you want to avoid the tax, grow your own! Lots of people won't bother though, just like home brewing beer. I would though, I like gardening  :gardening:

What i want, is for the cannabis plant to be treated the same as Broccoli,tomato,carrots and apples and any other healthy plant

not legal or illegal, its is just a plant, who's to say its the governments to control, they don't own it, the people do,

we own them, if we ever get enough balls to enforce our will that is

and that is where we get back to divide and conquer, left right left right left right 

now you lot keep calm and slave on 

What i want, is for the cannabis plant to be treated the same as Broccoli,tomato,carrots and apples and any other healthy plant

not legal or illegal, its is just a plant, who's to say its the governments to control, they don't own it, the people do,

and that is where we get back to divide and conquer, left right left right left right 

I'd like to see that too. I just don't think it'll happen like that, tax revenue might change their minds, open slather, probably not. At least not any time in the next decade or two.  :peace:

Broccoli, tomatoes, carrots and apples are all free to grow, but as soon as you sell them you have to pay tax. You also have to provide a safe product for sale. I can't see how the greens proposal is all that different.

I actually agree with a lot of what you have been saying. It's a plant and it just should be free. I am just pragmatic enough to think that legalisation without the government taking their cut is unrealistic. At this stage I will take any option. Otherwise I may well be dead before it's legal.

• Upvote 2