Greens announce national plan to legalise cannabis.

FYI

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/green-rush/9672688

tonight 830pm  (23rd April)   Four Corners

Green Rush

Green Rush: The race to riches for Australia's new marijuana moguls.

"The party's only just beginning. People have got no idea how big this is going to be. This is going to be huge." Cannabis investor
There are millions being made in the Australian marijuana business but these entrepreneurs and investors aren't risking jail to make their fortunes. They're betting big on the home grown medicinal marijuana industry and riding the "pot stock" boom.

"I was heavily involved in the dot com boom. I never thought I'd see another boom like it but this green rush or gold rush or whatever you want to call it is simply remarkable." Cannabis investor
Entrepreneurs are talking up the potential of a whole range of possible products, from insomnia cures to chronic pain treatments, and the share market is loving it.
"It's going to be a multi-billion dollar market in total." Cannabis company co-founder

But with patients struggling to access cannabis products, Four Corners investigates who is making money out of the marijuana boom.
"I am called The Wolf but I am in the market for all the right reasons." Cannabis investor

Four Corners charts the rise of this industry which has grown from nowhere in just a few years.
"There's no doubt, as with any new industry, there's a flurry of people jumping onboard, jumping on the bandwagon, and there will be a shake down as a result of that." Market analyst
The program gained exclusive access to the harvesting of cannabis in the first legal commercial growing facility in Australia, under heavy security, at a secret location.

"I've been approached by plenty who've said 'I'm really good at growing this, how do I get involved in the legal side of the industry?' Step one is don't apply. It won't cut it with the Office of Drug Control." Cannabis company CEO

Some in the industry are confidently predicting that the "green rush" has a long way to go yet and are positioning themselves for any further changes to the law.
"There's no question in my mind that medical cannabis is the Trojan horse for recreational cannabis." Cannabis investor

reported by Sean Nicholls and presented by Sarah Ferguson.

• Upvote 2

Based on my observations of mainstream conservative positions in Australian political thinking, I'm pretty sure nothing will change anytime soon on their view on prohibition. There is elements of the right that want social freedoms with cannabis but they seem not to be represented by any major parties in Australia either. 

I don't want to start going off on a tangent on this thread about the greens other policies but Pedro and I are never going to come to an agreement because I have always voted left, sounds like he votes right, and thats cool :-) I actually like and agree with many of the greens policies (although not all of them). Anyone who wants to check their policies can find them online https://greens.org.au/policy-platform

The liberal democrats are I guess a right leaning party that supports civil liberties. Paradoxically, I support some of their ideas too, i'm a strange and complex fella. They also want to legalise and regulate cannabis https://www.ldp.org.au/drug_reform If you cant stomach the greens policies, then vote for them if you want legal cannabis.

At the end of the day, I know the greens will never get in, either would the Liberal Democrats, or any of the other minor and fringe parties, but they can get positions of leverage in the senate, and if enough people vote for them, it forces the major parties to start taking on some of their more popular platforms. (To try and win back those lost votes) The more cannabis law reform is talked about in the media, the more likely one of the major parties will take the issue on (My bet, would be on Labor). Look at that whole Same sex marriage thing. Similar could happen with cannabis and soon. 

And who brought in same same marriages, it wasn't the labour party, they voted against it when in power, even Penny im a leso Wong 

labour has always been the party of big businesses, ever since the Fabians took control of the them  

but don't let history get in the way of their propaganda 

as for the greens, well what a horrible little bunch of racist stnuc they are, they should stick to hugging trees

• Upvote 1

ah Pedro,

i enjoy reading your posts

some i agree with

some i dont agree with

but its always nice to read them... even when they make no sense at all lol

for somebody that doesnt like politics or has no interest in them and does not vote, 

you sure have a lot to say about them lol

this ones for you mate 

• Upvote 4

ah Pedro,

some i agree with

some i dont agree with

for somebody that doesnt like politics or has no interest in them and does not vote, 

this ones for you mate 

lol good video,

i have an interest in who is screwing me in the arse, and making me cough up me hard earned $, so they can take their family on a taxpayer funded first class holiday

i give them no legitimacy at all, they should all be hung drawn and quartered

rang up the Victorian education minister the other day, and ripped into him, told him a few home truths, he was polite, had a bit of a what can you do about it laugh

excused himself said he had a important meeting to go to, so i laughed at him and told him i wont forget him when/if the revolution starts 

me granddad was in Victorian Parliament till the late 70s, retired at 85 years old, i know me way around the pollies

i also know what they all think of us

he warned me about the Fabians and there agenda, i have never forgotten it, and have watched it come to fruition 

but there is still hope of a peoples revolution against tyranny

lol lol lol no there isn't, i'm about the only one left or is that right  

Edited by pedro de pacas

ah Pedro,

some i agree with

some i dont agree with

this ones for you mate 

lol good video,

i have an interest in who is screwing me in the arse, and making me cough up me hard earned $, so they can take their family on a taxpayer funded first class holiday

i give them no legitimacy at all, they should all be hung drawn and quartered

rang up the Victorian education minister the other day, and ripped into him, told him a few home truths, he was polite, had a bit of a what can you do about it laugh

excused himself said he had a important meeting to go to, so i laughed at him and told him i wont forget him when/if the revolution starts 

me granddad was in Victorian Parliament till the late 70s, retired at 85 years old, i know me way around the pollies

i also know what they all think of us

he warned me about the Fabians and there agenda, i have never forgotten it, and have watched it come to fruition 

but there is still hope of a peoples revolution against tyranny

lol lol lol no there isn't, i'm about the only one left or is that right  

I both agree with and disagree with Pedro's post's. All good though, I'm just glad we are here now talking about what we're talking about because 10 years ago, the sort of discussion in the Media that we are seeing now about cannabis law reform just wouldn't have been happening like it is. It would have been squashed by knee jerk negative reactions throughout the media and mainstream opinion. Read the comment sections on the SMH article Pedro posted this morning, overwhelmingly pro legalisation. And you can tell by the way their written, many of these people aren't exactly cannabis enthusiasts. They can see the sense in it. I think the "$$ revenue"argument may be swaying people  :thumbsup:

Around 10 years ago on this site we tried to get a movement going, I was there trying for a while. (cant be bothered searching the forum but there's threads here somewhere about it) I wrote a few letters to some politicians etc. Bunch of stoners that we are we never really got anything off the ground and it was pointless anyhow, the political climate and public mood was against us. Things are different now, things are changing world wide, evidence to back us up is growing and public opinion is shifting in favour in Australia. Medical cannabis is going to help our cause immensely. Talk to people about it, spread the word of our plight. I sense that the times are in our favour but if like true aussies, we are too apathetic, we might miss the boat. 

Edited by bloodshot_eyes
  • Upvote 1

Problem is, GQ. Everyone's interests lay in different areas, that coupled together with no perfect system amounts to a poor outcome. More so when you take into account the wankers that fill seats in Parliament houses on both State and Federal levels.

Just as long as that shit doesn't flare up again like in the early 80's where influential people were pushing for a different voting system where certain people's vote had different values. If anything, the "One vote, One value" system must be maintained otherwise we'll be truly fucked.

"One vote, One value" system 

we aint there yet! not by a long shot !

we have the preferential voting system in Australia

i wish they we could have 1 vote 1 value in oz

most of the pricks in Canberra would not be there!

and this aint gonna change any soon with the fat cats  noses in the trough, lining their pockets and their mates pockets with dreaded $$$

fuk me!

now im startin to sound like Predo!

• Upvote 3