Greens announce national plan to legalise cannabis.

Broccoli, tomatoes, carrots and apples are all free to grow, but as soon as you sell them you have to pay tax. You also have to provide a safe product for sale. I can't see how the greens proposal is all that different.

I actually agree with a lot of what you have been saying. It's a plant and it just should be free. I am just pragmatic enough to think that legalisation without the government taking their cut is unrealistic. At this stage I will take any option. Otherwise I may well be dead before it's legal.

"Dead before its legal" My concerns exactly. I want to be able to grow and smoke without breaking any laws with enough years left in my life to enjoy it. I think (hope) international events will turn the tide for us (legalisation spreading throughout the western world)

Edited by bloodshot_eyes

one day its gonna be legalised and i hope your all still around when its happens because its gonna be the biggest friggen party Australia has ever seen,and im going to be there with the biggest doobie ive rolled lol free the weed, sow the seed,,, slowly but surely were getting there

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

When it is I've got my spot picked. Park behind Dutton park cop shop and across the road from Bogo road prison overlooking Brisbane. And they wount be able to do shit[emoji1]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

You can legally brew your own beer as long as you don't sell it, still your own whiskey I believe in some states, yet people still buy beer and whiskey and get taxed through the nose for it. I reckon you would find that if there were shops selling a variety of strains, hash edibles etc, like you see in Colorado or California, a lot of people would actually stop growing their own even if they were allowed to. They simply couldn't be fucked. Never underestimate the laziness of your fellow man  :twiddle:    :)

Well said. Or the stupidity of your fellow man.

This is Australia though, I can think only of Sydney or Melbourne where you might make a buck. Maybe some parts of Brisbane.. heck lets be honest there is always someone willing to fork over a few dollars for their product. I still don't think it would stick well. I can't see the same revenue being generated as alcohol and tobacco simply because of the nature of the product.

For instance, growing dope is easy. It ain't addictive like tobacco and there aren't as many complex brewing procedures as alcohol.

Edited by Pippin

In many instances smoking cannabis is safer then alcohol and tobacco. However, you have to understand that a lot of great minds have put their heads together and literally mapped out the pro's and con's. I think some of these politicians are simply trying to grab votes. 

Unless they make growing cannabis illegal and the purchase of buds legal I can't see it working. I guess freedom and human rights comes into the equation 2

Guess we won't know how it pans out here in Australia unless it happens. They are making a killing on Tax revenue in Colorado though, and they do allow home growing. Here an interesting article I read this morning in response to a TV interview with Kochie

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/human-body/kochie-highlighted-a-huge-problem-when-it-comes-to-outdated-propaganda-opposing-legal-weed/news-story/9ba4d2b40897d39d10b9759a057ca679

• Upvote 1

Guess we won't know how it pans out here in Australia unless it happens. They are making a killing on Tax revenue in Colorado though, and they do allow home growing. Here an interesting article I read this morning in response to a TV interview with Kochie

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/human-body/kochie-highlighted-a-huge-problem-when-it-comes-to-outdated-propaganda-opposing-legal-weed/news-story/9ba4d2b40897d39d10b9759a057ca679

Kochie would have to be the biggest most arrogant douche on morning television and he has some pretty stiff competition.
  • Upvote 2