Best LED light for cupboard

In your last paragraph u hit the nail on the head

, the reason most commercially grown product is done with leds simply because of the cost

Even then they switch to hps or metal halide to bump up the harvest yield over the last few weeks

They are also controlled grows , ie temp n humidity

Co2 levels and I'm sure much more

The every day grower whether serious or not usually cannot get such a controlled environment,

They claim node spacing is better with led leading to stocky plants , this may well be true, but I can assure u if u know how where n when this can be true for hps

My very first attempt at indoors was with led at the start of winter, 4x 600w leds , what I thought was good for indoors was actually very slow , my brother took the lights n the plants n ended up we sold the leds n went for hps

Freddie I don't think it's fair that u use commercial grows to prove your point when no one here is capable of pulling such a grow off ,if u want to illustrate your point show a grow in 1/1/2 space that equals surpasses a hps grow ?

As far I knew we are very small operations catering for own needs in community

I to have been growing for 40yrs only recently turning to indoors, age has caught up with me

I not puffing out my chest just a statement of fact as I see it

Fortunately I never needed to be part of a community like this to pump out good gear, but indoors has been a big learning curve , not how to grow but how to provide the required nutrients in a hydroponic environment

Also Freddie the ppl that have questioned u ave all put pictures of there grows and can back up what they say

I'm not having a go but as Indy said , and in my short time as part of this great community, lots seem to give opinions but never have put up a grow for all to see to back up there claims

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Micmac thanks for your considered response.

I do take your point on a couple of things which I will get to. When I first went over to LED I had been growing indica's for some time. At the time it was northern lights. I noticed that the first time I grew NL under LEDs they seemed more resinous, compact and appeared about the same size as my previous 400 HPS, the LED being 50 w less power. Also the buds down low were much chunkier. I never weigh as I only grow for myself so can't quantify. It was enough to make me continue. From time to time I had tried sativas under HPS but found the stretch difficult to cope with. Right after the NL experience I went back to growing proper sativas, Ace oldtimers haze, malawi, Lao and found to my surprise that they were more compact and easier to manage. I now grow almost exclusively sativa and the odd hybrid. Photo's of my grows now would not satisfy people used to growing modern hybrids at least on the yield side of things. Resin wise I think they would impress. But you are right, I haven't posted grows or pics. I may in the future. Also I am strictly indoor organic at the moment so my grows would not stack up against most hydro. 

I take your point on commercial grows. Here is a vid of a non commercial grow that might impress (or not).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhMvBg3yPgc

Btw, none of the grows I posted "switched to hps or metal halide to bump up the harvest yield over the last few weeks". Not sure where you get that idea?

There is just one more link that I will put up and then I am pretty much done with this. Each to their own (as Indicar said). I just got a bit riled at Pedro suggesting no serious growers use LED and as far as I know I have demonstrated that they do.This ones off icmag and it is a grower who has switched to led recently. This particular one is 1 gram per watt, however the grower believes that he is still learning and can improve. I link to the mature bud page but it's worth reading the thread if you can be bothered. This is a commercial grow, however it is just in a tent.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330640&page=8

Just on the gram per watt measurement that everyone puts so much emphasis on. To me it is somewhat meaningless. I could veg a plant for 6 months or 3 months. My gpw would be vastly different in each case. Also it depends very much on the variety. If I grew bigbud or critical mass my numbers would be way up. Got to compare apples with apples to get anything meaningful. A gram per watt is entirely achievable using HPS, Metal Halide, Led.

Cheers.

Edited by freddie