Best LED light for cupboard

Its all about giving people a fair go none of us are professionals after one harvest but it seems we have to be on here, i donno man

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Incorrect, you don't even have to have a harvest under your belt to be a expert around here, with some of the shit advice that's been posted over the years.

Wouldn't mind a dollar for every time some noob has seen a youtube video, and come here to spruik about how its the way to go. Without sowing a single seed themselves.

Edited by Indycar

Incorrect, you don't even have to have a harvest under your belt to be a expert around here, with some of the shit advice that's been posted over the years.

Wouldn't mind a dollar for every time some noob has seen a youtube video, and come here to spruik about how its the way to go. Without sowing a single seed themselves.

Indy I posted a few of those videos. I have now been growing for 40 years; outdoors, flouros, HPS and now LED. Never posted a grow on any site but have a few harvest pics on other sites. Sowed more seeds than I can remember. Feel like I'm experienced enough to comment.

When there are huge overseas grows where it is legal to do so, and they are using LED's and ditching HPS you have to ask why? The first LEDs years ago were fairly shit. The marketing was even worse. Some quite outrageous claims were made about yield. I am sure that put many off. There are still some less than good LEDs, but there are some fantastic lights out now that gram per watt seem to be outperforming HPS. That's what at least some commercial growers are claiming.

I have personal experience with LEDs as well and found them to suit me better than HPS. My next light will be another LED although those gavitas or whatever they're called look great.. I wouldn't use leds if I didn't think they were good. My HPS sits in the cupboard collecting dust. Granted, there is a little bit to learn to get the best out of LEDs.

I haven't been on this site much in the last few years. I remember ozstoners being anti led and it seems not much has changed. Still the same echo chamber of views.After hanging around a few other pot sites overseas it came as bit of a surprise to see these attitudes still rusted on. Lots of serious and commercial growers are using these lights with great success yet the experts here are like nah can't be true. :jar:

I am not trying to stir shit but if you have a light which produces a better quality product, with 35-45% less electricity, why not use it? And you don't need to replace bulbs! Anyway rant over. I'm happy with mine but wouldn't mind an upgrade and I hope the original thread starter isn't put off and finds a nice LED.

• Upvote 4

In your last paragraph u hit the nail on the head

, the reason most commercially grown product is done with leds simply because of the cost

Even then they switch to hps or metal halide to bump up the harvest yield over the last few weeks

They are also controlled grows , ie temp n humidity

Co2 levels and I'm sure much more

The every day grower whether serious or not usually cannot get such a controlled environment,

They claim node spacing is better with led leading to stocky plants , this may well be true, but I can assure u if u know how where n when this can be true for hps

My very first attempt at indoors was with led at the start of winter, 4x 600w leds , what I thought was good for indoors was actually very slow , my brother took the lights n the plants n ended up we sold the leds n went for hps

Freddie I don't think it's fair that u use commercial grows to prove your point when no one here is capable of pulling such a grow off ,if u want to illustrate your point show a grow in 1/1/2 space that equals surpasses a hps grow ?

As far I knew we are very small operations catering for own needs in community

I to have been growing for 40yrs only recently turning to indoors, age has caught up with me

I not puffing out my chest just a statement of fact as I see it

Fortunately I never needed to be part of a community like this to pump out good gear, but indoors has been a big learning curve , not how to grow but how to provide the required nutrients in a hydroponic environment

Also Freddie the ppl that have questioned u ave all put pictures of there grows and can back up what they say

I'm not having a go but as Indy said , and in my short time as part of this great community, lots seem to give opinions but never have put up a grow for all to see to back up there claims

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 2

Ok Gazza, would really like to see a pound of a 250w led, any brand will do, any reflector

as far as i can see they are disco lights for the gullible, and that's about it

No serious grower would waste their time on them. in a few years maybe with some better tech they might get close to HPS

Only my opinion and i'm just a silly old tnuc living in the past, lol

look up cree cob led results they are proper leds that arnt disco balls lol

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

For what it's worth, freddie. My comment wasn't directed at you personally. You're a valued contributor around these parts imo. :)

It was more to do with blow-in's that do a pied piper, and try lead others down the garden path without knowing WTF they're on about, themselves.

There's been a handful of memorable ones. :D

EDIT: As for lighting, each to their own...

I just share a similar opinion as bill where I haven't seen anything worthy around here for me to consider the LED's yet. Though I expect the day will come in some point in time.

Edited by Indycar
  • Upvote 3