This baby was thriving 2 weeks ago!

Hi billymcd,to answer your question about seasol its best to never exceed the maxium dose and always stick to the recommend application times,i dont use seasol on my cannas but i do use on my flowers and other plants around the yard, if you use to much to often it will cause you more problems to deal with on top of what your already trying to stay on top of,ive got a mate in nsw that has been using seasol since the start of spring and he didnt put his glasses on so was giving them way to much seasol every 4 to 5days and as of a fortnight ago he has officially killed his plants all 20 of them,when i use it on vegies i think from memory i mix it into a 9litre watering can at 25 to 30 mils of seasol and mix well and apply as soon as its mixed ,sometimes less is more and people often assume that if you use more your plants will be bigger and better but this is not the case,hope it helps billymcd,,,GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks GQ2! I literally let out a sad “ohhh no” groan when I read about your mate killing his plants!! That’s so sad. But yes, I use exactly the same ratio for my other plants (chillies, tomatoes, herbs, strawb guava). After all this great advice though I’ll stick to the recommended dosage.

Btw, I’ve loved reading over various threads in this forum the past few days. Stumbled across a few pics of your outdoor plants and they look beautiful! Makes me dream of a day I can move to a more suitable house and expand on my measly 1-2 plants [emoji38]

I’m interested in your comment about opening up ‘the centre of the plant’. Does that mean training the plant to grow flatter and expose the central V point to more sunlight?

yep low stress training 

opening up the plant to lower branch sites so that they will grow & fill the middle of the canopy 

Ahhh beautiful stuff!! Appreciate the tip and pics!

Great advice re: eye safety too. Reminds me of when I was young and went out to collect the eggs from chook shed with mum. Part of the chicken wire was poking out, basically invisible and went straight into her eye. Awful. She didn’t lose her sight but had an eyepatch on for quite a while. Freaked me right out!

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners