This baby was thriving 2 weeks ago!

I second the searles premium mix.. also add in some perlite for drainage.

I had the same thing happen with my girls at the start mate, i was watering every day and they were just drooping and light colour like yours.. when i dropped watering back to once every 3 days or until the top inch was relatively dry they bounced right back. Good luck with it mate.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks a lot for everyone’s advice! I just thought I’d post a follow up pic after having let her dry out a bit, new soil, more direct sun, etc. I went with new osmocote tomato and herb mix and it’s heaps better. Not full of bark like the other one.

24 hrs after transplant and there’s a definite return of colour in the new leaves. Hopefully she’ll be alright!

Your experience/advice is greatly appreciated!!

11182688b750a85a9c99131046fef6d9.jpg

Looking good mate.. just another tip i picked up, try watering first thing in the morning rather than when the sun is going down (if you're not already)... the reasons for this are the plants do most of their feeding during the day period, and it gives the soil time to dry out during the day so the roots aren't sitting in wet soil all night.

Looking good mate.. just another tip i picked up, try watering first thing in the morning rather than when the sun is going down (if you're not already)... the reasons for this are the plants do most of their feeding during the day period, and it gives the soil time to dry out during the day so the roots aren't sitting in wet soil all night.

I actually learned not to water in the middle of the day with my chillies, but I’ve always done it at the end of the day. It really makes sense to do it in the morning though! I just love tending to them all with a beer at the end of a long day, but maybe I should change to a morning routine...minus the beer

Good tip, thanks! Can you pick that up from Bunnings? I’ll add it next transplant

You can get it from bunnings mate (that's what I've been doing), but i think you're alot better getting a big 100L bag on ebay.. 2 reasons, it's more coarse which allows for better drainage/aeration.. and it works out a hell of alot cheaper... around $8 for a 5L bag at bunnings vs about $50-$60 for 100L from eBay/hydro shop.. do the math

I actually learned not to water in the middle of the day with my chillies, but I’ve always done it at the end of the day. It really makes sense to do it in the morning though! I just love tending to them all with a beer at the end of a long day, but maybe I should change to a morning routine...minus the beer

Yeah i give my veggies and fruit plants a water in the afternoon too... but cannabis apparently doesn't enjoy having wet feet so better in the morning i think.. makes sense to activate all the nutrients so it can feed throughout the day

Ahh that’s an unreal tip, really appreciate it!! I’ll switch up the water cycle.

I’ve currently got two (approx same age) and the other had experienced the same thing.. but seemed to recover on her own before it got too bad. When it happened to the one posted here it was a lot more alarming, because she’d been THRIVING in the lead up. That’s what led me back to these forums.

So it was really awesome to see that deeper green come out again yesterday/today. Shame I didn’t know about the perlite sooner, but I’ll add it when these recover and get a bit stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners