This baby was thriving 2 weeks ago!

Looking heaps better now mate! Maybe also put down a bit of sugarcane mulch or similar to protect the top soil a bit more from baking? I also agree with the suggestions of opening the plant up a bit more.. perhaps look into supercropping, i was amazed at the results when i did it.. if you're gonna try it though, take ur time with it and only on the bigger one.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hey all, just sending an update. Unfortunately I think it’s goodnight and farewell to the little one. It belongs to my housemate and from what he’s now been told...incredibly temperamental. Growth stagnated, then rotting appeared at the base of the stem. It’s been slowly fading since and I reckon it’s now just feeding off what’s left in the stem.

But to finish on a positive... my own (the bigger one) is going great! I woke up hungover one morning and thought it’d be a great idea to bend both stems. When I sobered up I hated myself as I realised I needed to support them with coffee mugs to prevent ‘strain’ on the stem...but they seem to have recovered from that quite well. Lucky. She’s actually kinda re-straightened a bit now! I apologised and we’ve made up, so it’s just sunlight and delicious water for a week or so now.

Dpart- the sugarcane mulch is a great idea, thanks! I don’t think I’ve heard of supercropping before but I’ll check it out :)

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Forgot the pics ...baked.

Haha after all that, the first thing I read when looking up ‘supercropping’ is:

‘Super cropping is the name for a High-Stress Training technique when you stress the plant by slightly hurting it in a planned way.’

I must sound like a bloody clueless idiot!

So now that I know I wasn’t killing her, should I do something about the branches re-straightening?

Edited by billymcd

I'm pretty sure you supercropped it while you were hung over mate hehe... Don't worry about straightening the branches.. the whole point is to open the plant up a bit more and where you bent it will form knuckles that actually transfer nutrients to the branches above it more efficiently.. you should notice it really take off in the next couple of weeks.. good luck man, keep us posted!

I'm pretty sure you supercropped it while you were hung over mate hehe... Don't worry about straightening the branches.. the whole point is to open the plant up a bit more and where you bent it will form knuckles that actually transfer nutrients to the branches above it more efficiently.. you should notice it really take off in the next couple of weeks.. good luck man, keep us posted!

You’re absolutely spot on. I read up on it a bit more and as you can see, she’s going well [emoji846]

01c1b5a72aa91ed82dc28b43fb6380b2.jpg

Edited by billymcd