Tunks terrible LED light build.

Hey tunks. Nice work buddy looking the goods, how much did this project cost?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

$530 without having to purchase few things I already had like some of the wiring and the tape I used.

If Riders still about he may be able to shed some light (pun intended) on what this is comparable to like the HLG quantum boards or whatever. I'm no good with all the technical jargin. I just witnessed what they can do lol

Dude check out growmou5 on you tube he does instructional diy quantum board builds on there.... some seriously impressive stuff. He made one called the "quantum canopy" he pulls something ridiculous like 2.44 pound off the one light. He also has videos on how to upgrade cheap chinese leds with cobs ect. Was what made me decide to go with quantum boards!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Dude check out growmou5 on you tube he does instructional diy quantum board builds on there.... some seriously impressive stuff. He made one called the "quantum canopy" he pulls something ridiculous like 2.44 pound off the one light. He also has videos on how to upgrade cheap chinese leds with cobs ect. Was what made me decide to go with quantum boards!

Yeah mate. I did my research...

I'll just leave this link here for you.

http://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-build-designs-samsung-bridgelux/

Mate thats awesome, how many watts is the one you built pulling from the wall??

Haven't got a meter to test lol it's not on the top of my list of purchases atm unfortunately

I found this on Riders thread where I copied the build. Obviously his power is different being in USA.

c34530b84dc2965d1a2a291fb98e2f9a.jpg

Edited by Tunkers

Haven't got a meter to test lol it's not on the top of my list of purchases atm unfortunately

I found this on Riders thread where I copied the build. Obviously his power is different being in USA.

c34530b84dc2965d1a2a291fb98e2f9a.jpg

Thats cool man!! big props for building your own light..... something im interested in , but need to do way more research first haha for now i just went with pre manufactured. How many plants are you going to cover with it?? Id like to eventually do a combination of quantum boards and cree cxb3590 cobs.

Thats cool man!! big props for building your own light..... something im interested in , but need to do way more research first haha for now i just went with pre manufactured. How many plants are you going to cover with it?? Id like to eventually do a combination of quantum boards and cree cxb3590 cobs.

You don't want Cree CXB3590s. But if you do I have sixteen of them assembled in groups of four that I'll make you a sweet deal on. Then I'll build two more lights just like Tunkers built. Way less expensive and they do a better job of growing plants.

IMG 3174

Edited by Rider509
  • Upvote 1

You don't want Cree CXB3590s. But if you do I have sixteen of them assembled in groups of four that I'll make you a sweet deal on. Then I'll build two more lights just like Tunkers built. Way less expensive and they do a better job of growing plants.

I did want to advise that cxb3590s are old news (like yesterday haha) but I've put the links in this thread for anyone to find out for themselves. No good preaching round these parts lol

I did want to advise that cxb3590s are old news (like yesterday haha) but I've put the links in this thread for anyone to find out for themselves. No good preaching round these parts lol

Really cree have relesed a better cob now... or theres a better brand on the market?? The led industry is insane how quickly everything changes hey!! I know that growmou5 guy likes to mix the cxbs with vero cobs as well....