GREENERY IMPROVES THE SCENERY

Nothing come of that storm this arvo few farts and sprinkle of rain and that was it, ive strained my tomato leaf bug repellant brew this evening and its almost ready to use but its really potent and dark so il probably dilute it with more water before using tomorrow, im probably going to have to do more than just tomato leaf water because im being hit with everything all at once atm leaf miner tuncs, mite tuncs and thrip tuncs i friggen hate bad bug tuncs lol anyways i wanna get on to it asap before it gets out of control so its war on bugs for the next few weeks thats if healths permitting as well, i tell ya im earning my produce this year i havent stopped for months and months cept for last few weeks being crook and thats all it took for jobs to start piling up and getting on top of me arggghh hopefully il be caught up with shit over the next week or so, il have another try at getting some pics up tomorrow, cheers stoners,,,GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

any plants round the garden that don't get attacked by bugs , have some sort of resistant's to them 

i think aloe vera is one of those type of plants that has very lill pest attack 

if you can find a plant like that you can make a ferment out of the growing tips of that plant 

& foliar spray other plants with it to spread the protection round the garden , the unconventional farmer has a lill how to make tutorial

never made a tomato leaf pest spray but spraying & plant coverage is important , stems , underside of every leaf 

work your way up doing underside of leaves & stems , then down for the tops of leaves , & ware a musk , easy to spray 

yourself in the face when trying to spray the underside of leaves , in general a good habit to get in to , mask wearing 

just gotta set up a IPM plan & have weekly or twice weekly pest prevention methods from the start 

the use of trap plants is also handy , spider mite like eggplant to go nuts on rather than canna plants 

i've also red having 10% backyard plants in the form of beneficial bug attracting plants is also a good idea 

lemon scented plants , lemon terps are a natural bug deterrent 

in general the healthier you can make plants the more chance they will deter bugs & pathogens themselves 

not mention the cultivar itself & what it offers up , the breeding & the growing in 2 diff parts of the world  

no probs mate we all gotta start some wheres 

try diverting that air con water , generally it would be ok to use 

but it is in contact with metal so divert that for a bit to see if you notice anything 

have you felt the temp of that water coming out the air con 

are they mulched / is the ground protected from direct sun 

i'm in melb so very diff conditions down hear but even on hot days 

i wouldn't have a constant water running on them  

• Upvote 1

Air con water goes onto a sun shade shelter then drips onto soil near plants. Water via air con 18 deg C and all filters steam cleaned weekly. White miggie netting over plants that helps keep temp down a bit but lets UV and breeze in. I design camping gear so as far a shelter goes should be ok. Just stress like waiting for the first trimester scan with a baby.

Maybe there getting to much water doll, they should be thriving in this heat even as msall plants they like as much sun as you can get on them, plants in the first few weeks of life dont usually need to be fed anything and if the soil is good you may not need to feed them later down the track either, try not to love them to death, thats one of the first newbie mistakes a lot of people i even done similar mistakes myself learning over the years, if those last two arent looking good then pop a few more seeds asap and have another crack at it you'll get there doll,,,GQ