Bogan's backyard!

I think the manual for the worm cafe states to feed em enough that food stays fresh for them to consume into castings! And blending the scraps makes it easier for the worms to consume ...

I highly recommend buying worms!

Tunks look for comfrey plants!!!

I based my farm on the hungry bin

9aacd7d4a113f9e2237eddf4e5382ea4.jpg

so food scraps etc stay high up top, the worms dig down and castings compact at the bottom ready to go, in theory... Hopefully me worms will just stay low enough till I get more buddies to join the feast.

Thanks Bogan n Sooty, bloody worms making shit difficult...

• Upvote 1

They sell tablets for that mate

lol lol lol 

sounds like your gang need to get into bokashi composting if the kids put food in all the time 

not as much fun for the kids though , no worms moving round when you open the lid 

maybe add some homemade worm towers round the garden ( in bed worm farm aka a large diameter pipe with holes down the sides & a lid pushed into the ground ) 

so you have more than one place for food scrapes 

no need to buy worms the earthworms will do there thing once food is there 

i also add some soil to the top of the scrapes in the tower , worms consume it a bit quicker 

& i do blend the food scrapes that i put in the farm or towers depends how much i have 

or if i'm a bit lazy to blend then i'll put those un-blended scrapes in a tower & soil on top 

but everything i put in the farm is blended ,

on my third cheap blender , expensive bizz this worm farming lol