First grow

Yes I will thanks for that info!

I have also another question. What types of nutes should I be looking at to start off with. Eg root grow etc .

Sorry if they are silly questions

Hey Brittany

I'm a newb to the indoor growing scene, too. At the same stage you're at. So thanks for asking a question I needed to ask! Made it easy.

I'm actually wondering - if there a few seedlings that have been transplanted from a Rapid Rooters into Solo Cups Coco/Perlite, and they're super lanky (only first leaves & cotyledons) like 3.5 cm. can they recover? I'm assuming it was an initial light issue (too far away) is there any hope for babies like them? You guys have been so helpful btw! Thx

Hey Brittany

I'm a newb to the indoor growing scene, too. At the same stage you're at. So thanks for asking a question I needed to ask! Made it easy.

I'm actually wondering - if there a few seedlings that have been transplanted from a Rapid Rooters into Solo Cups Coco/Perlite, and they're super lanky (only first leaves & cotyledons) like 3.5 cm. can they recover? I'm assuming it was an initial light issue (too far away) is there any hope for babies like them? You guys have been so helpful btw! Thx

Hi Annabanana [emoji4] that's okay. I sure they can recover by putting them closer to the light. Mine seemed to do so. Top up your cups with the coco/perlite. I also make sure they have a decent amount of air flowing onto them to build their stem strength. Hope this helps I'm so new to this haha everything is just trial and error at this stage. [emoji1317][emoji1317]

• Upvote 1

I hadn't even viewed this thread before u posted this post Hashy why bring me into it if its not a direct or indirect personal attack? maybe its sarcasm... i just donno 

obviously u felt u needed to express your views about something when this thread had nothing at all to do with me at all

about the autos the general rule on online forums is auto strains love to be over feed or heavily fed i found this to be the wrong advice from actual testing it, my auto's stunted growth when i went full nutes my leaves started to fry when i backed back off to 25mls from 40mls (recommended dose by Canna) my plants resumed fast growth this was my actual personal results so i replied where i seen fit

i don't see where i am breaching site rules for u or another so called mod Ozzy to ban me, please elaborate on this? as far as I'm aware your getting worked up over me offering my own advice and u don't like it

I'm open to anything u may have on your chest about me getting banned for as i don't think i am breaching any rules other than pissing people off that don't agree with my advice, is that against site rules?

And there you go doing it again.  Whining on about something nobody said, or even inferred, to try and make yourself look good, and someone else look bad.  Nobody has ever mentioned banning you, or threatened to do so.  I made a point of saying I won't use mod status to stand up to your bullshit, yet you come back with this??????  What are you trying to do, create an us vs them thing against the moderator crew?  To what end?  And despite me using the example of your nute levels for autos response, and why it was completely counter to what I had written, you've come back with exactly the same response to prove me wrong????? 

This is not the place to play politics, or grind your axe.  Start a separate thread, or abuse me via PM, I don't care, but I'm not going to continue an argument in an irrelevant thread.

• Upvote 2

Aparently there is an ignore button, its a shame it doesn't get used often enough,

though that would take all the drama and excitement out of the forum, for the drama queens (and there's a few of them, you know who you are, and so do we) :tantrum:

Add another drama queen to the list, Gazza's big brother hahaha(private joke between me and Travis)

I think we need a separate thread to clear the air, and for shits and giggles :popcorn:

Edited by kickarse

And there you go doing it again.  Whining on about something nobody said, or even inferred, to try and make yourself look good, and someone else look bad.  Nobody has ever mentioned banning you, or threatened to do so.  I made a point of saying I won't use mod status to stand up to your bullshit, yet you come back with this??????  What are you trying to do, create an us vs them thing against the moderator crew?  To what end?  And despite me using the example of your nute levels for autos response, and why it was completely counter to what I had written, you've come back with exactly the same response to prove me wrong????? 

This is not the place to play politics, or grind your axe.  Start a separate thread, or abuse me via PM, I don't care, but I'm not going to continue an argument in an irrelevant thread.

Hashy as far as i can see u started on me in this thread for no reason at all in post 19 at the time of your post i hadn't even read the thread let alone posted advice in it but u mention me giving my advice now your claiming i am whining on about defending my self over something i never started wtf?

date: 1st of may 12:59pm

Now don't be like that SE, Gaz is the greatest source of totally accurate leading edge information this community has ever been lucky enough to be blessed with, and he is always totally right, just ask him :D  (that's me talking without my Moderator hat on)

But in all seriousness, everyone on the site has been guilty of getting it wrong at times, or at the least giving advice that works in their situation that may not work in the situation under discussion (except for Gazza who is always right), so take advice on board but don't necessarily swallow it without thought and research.  Learning through trial and error isn't always a bad thing either.

date: 2nd may 5:35pm

And also let me be very clear about this.  This little rant is in no way, shape, or form, anything to do with the moderator crew, or my status as a mod.  It is only my personal response to your posts.  If you want to start a campaign of abusive and vitriolic attacks against me, I will not use my mod status to attack you in response, but I cannot promise that another mod won't do anything if you go too far with me, or anyone else.

i am here giving advice on the forums yes u can challenge my advice but don't judge my advice when i haven't given it that was uncalled for and bs on your part in this thread it was a prejudgement

You have called me a narcissist and a troll based on what? when i had one dig back at the two people i actually had on block the previous day but both there msg's were still being seen and i even uploaded the screen shot for proof?

narcissist
ˈnɑːsɪsɪst/
noun
noun: narcissist; plural noun: narcissists
a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional ...

hashy i would prefer u not to post in my grow diary hence i haven't mentioned it untill now

i have no problem with billygoat he is giving criticism where i actually know i needed to dry my buds for 4 days i stated they were dry at day 3 they went an extra 11 hours than 3 days cure after this

i just think your very opinionated hashy

Hey Brittany

Just burry the stems a bit more and they will shoot new roots from the stem under the medium. Its not a massive deal tho as long as theyre healthy and have some breeze you should be fine.

• Upvote 3

Hi Annabanana [emoji4] that's okay. I sure they can recover by putting them closer to the light. Mine seemed to do so. Top up your cups with the coco/perlite. I also make sure they have a decent amount of air flowing onto them to build their stem strength. Hope this helps I'm so new to this haha everything is just trial and error at this stage. [emoji1317][emoji1317]

Thanx Brittany. Us girl growers gotta support each other's efforts, I reckon! I was checking out some air pots for my next transplants and came across a thread in 420 where someone was suggesting using those hessian shopping bags you can get from supermarkets as cheap Smart pots. The ones with handles and would hold between 10 and 18 litres. Unfortunately, the member didn't follow up with the results but im thinking they may be a perfect, easy, cheap option that I won't have to order online and wait for delivery. What do you reckon?

• Upvote 1

Actually, anyone have any thoughts on the option? (using hessian supermarket shopping bags with handles as Smart pots). I can't shop online ATM as I'm waiting for new credit card (after an unauthorised purchase thing required me cancelling the last card).

Can anyone envisage any problems with growing in them?