seedlings: odd leaf development

Thats looking good bra. They are deffinitely coming to like a bit by the sounds of it. Well done, your now a daddy to two little girls. lol

The stick method mentioned above is a good idea and you will get a better understanding on whats going on down below.

After the first water (which by the looks of the plants and what you've been won't be too long) youll notice that they will all show great signs of expansion, even the runt, just make a note or draw up a lil calendar and note when you watered and how much.

Make up the PH balanced water and add it a bit at a time around the stem of the plant and the whole of the soil to get a good coverage own below. I'd start by adding say 500ml / 1/2 litre to one pot and then do the same to the other pot(s) and wait a few mins. Then check underneith the pot for run of. If there is non or very little, add another 1/2 litre and so on until you start to see it running out of the bottom.

Everyone has different run off ideas and comments so I'll tell you mine first. I water the young ones like I just mentioned and stop the watering once I see about 100ml of run off. That way I know they have enough water to feed but not enough to over feed. More run off = more water in the soil = more chance of over feeding.

When they are older they will need more water but will also be able to handle having extra water in the soil. Other than that bro, it's looking pretty good. Start a diary in the grow diary section if you haven't already ay.

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions and pointers.

Matt_FTW, I've deliberately put the plants off center so when I LST them, they'll end up in the center of the pot.

Gave them a water today, they very much needed it. Also, the runt has taken to leaning on its side like I've already LST'ed it, then stretching new growth up to the light. The plant looks happy aside from that. I propped up the maint stem using a pipe cleaner and the holes I pre-drilled in to the rim.

Sharpie.

Hi All,

More pictures. Not much to update. Plants seem happy and healthy. I watered on the 13th as the pots were getting light and soil looked quite dry.

I know each strain will grow at a different rate, but my plants seem small for their age (day 21 since being planted in soil). Any thoughts?

Another question, something I've noticed is the skin of the seedlings is beginning to dry and peel off. Is this normal? Seems like it might be, but I've never seen it in photos, or read about it before.

Group Shot:

post-56251-0-33203700-1431604646_thumb.jpg

Healthier of the two:

post-56251-0-46612900-1431604665_thumb.jpg

Runt:

post-56251-0-91823000-1431604691_thumb.jpg

Sharpie

What kind of soil are you using if I may ask?.. And honestly, I think they could do with a little more water.. Are you feeding them anything at the moment, or just water?.

and could you explain "the skin is starting to peel off" a little bit more.. You mean the skin of the stem?.. Or the leaves or what exactly is peeling off?.

cheers.

Hi Gumby,

It's a premium potting mix, amended with searles 5-in-1 and perlite. And I'm confused. Everyone has been telling me I'm over watering, but you think I'm under watering? No ferts yet. I plan on giving them seasol once they're larger, but others have advised holding off for a few weeks yet.

As for the skin peeling off, it's on the main stem, it's the outer layer that seedlings have which also has the cotelydons attached. I'll try and snag a close up photo to upload in the next few days.

Sharpie.