Royal Queen Seeds Diesel Auto Outdoor Grow journal

Gday guys!

Its that time :) i'm giving you all an update :) i tried to do this 2 days ago but my laptop was having some mega issues!!! but now its running like a dream again so we are good to go :) so now, onto the good stuff!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Royal Queens Auto Diesel

So, after all the drama i have had with this poor seedling, i think she has definitely suffered permanent damage. Her first set (single bladed leaves) have pretty much wilted away, they are still there but i don't believe they are really "benefiting" the plant (as you will see in photos).

So in conclusion to anyone that hasn't been following, I planted a seed into a pot of CHEAP potting mix and created a crater in the middle and filled with seed raising mix (as i didn't want to transplant at all)... This soil had a Ph value of roughly 5, the seed raising crater had a Ph of 4.5....By the way i didn't check the soil Ph before planting and for anyone that doesn't know, Ph that low creates an array of problems, especially when the soils Ph "just wont go up".. I originally thought it was showing the same signs as heat stress also its leaves were getting an almost copper tinge along the inner lines, growth was slowed, leaves were almost burnt looking... Goes to show how crucial your Ph is.... AND how crucial it is to use a decent quality medium, DONT COMPLETELY CHEAP OUT.....

So now that she is in a more Ph neutral soil she may continue to grow small but healthy, the damage suffered is too much.. here are some pics...

post-46546-0-98255200-1412122995_thumb.jpg     post-46546-0-59627500-1412123016_thumb.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, Because this plant has been tortured by my self, i have decided to go and spend the extra cash and go and buy a nicer potting mix and chuck some perlite in the mix :) the Damaged plant wont be transplanted again, she will stay in her "ok" soil... The new soil and perlite is for a new edition to the show, Her name is "Auto Anubis" By Pyramid seeds!

And here she is :) :)

Pyramid Seeds Auto Anubis

I have germed this seed differently to how i usually would as i have heard give autos "THE BEST START".. So as someone suggested above, Proven methods are always a good way to go.. As i am still broke, i am still trying to take that information on bored and use it where possible i.e. my new germ method, investing in better soil and so on.... 

So, sorry for babbling, back to the plant haha...

29/09/14 - I placed the seed in a cup of water overnight, until it sank which took approximately 13hours, Pretty good i thought....

30/09/14 - Seed was place in between 4 layers of paper towel (2 on bottom 2 on top), placed on a plate then sprayed with misting bottle, then covered with a mug as so no light gets in and temperature was monitored and maintained between 18-23 degrees.

31/09/14 - seed was checked exactly 24 hours after being placed in the paper towel, she had a tail popping out, i was not satisfied that it was long enough so i left her a further 3 hours, her tail was then acceptable i thought... she was Put into a pot exactly the same as the Auto Diesel, but as mentioned above, i have chosen to use a decent potting mix with perlite at a ratio of 60-40 soil-perlite.. This made for a VERY light and airy medium!

Which brings us to Today... Still awaiting the little girl to emerge from the deep dark cold soil but am for some reason not really feeling anxious or uneasy, just relaxed and confident that 

1. This seedling will sprout and,

2. Its going to be a nice stress free grow 

Anywho, here are some pics of the new soil and what not....

The soil ----  post-46546-0-45679300-1412123034_thumb.jpg

The 2 Pots ----  post-46546-0-81640700-1412123057_thumb.jpg

The Ph of the soil ----  post-46546-0-17013300-1412123073_thumb.jpg

Hope You enjoyed the read, and for those who did stick around thank you! much appreciated.. all thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated as i go to a lot of time and effort to try and put these sorts of things together! 

Thank you again all and,

Peace

Jadcla

Alright Guys,

How is everyone? or should i say how are the only 3 people that will actually be bothered posting something, Hi Faith, Hi D.R.S.D, Hi Ford fairlane and I'm sure i saw Naycha somewhere so hi to you too mate!

So today is meant to be an update but i really cant be fucked cause it doesn't seem worth putting effort into something that no one else really wants to help with.. 

here are a few pics and you can work the rest out, obviously everything is looking better....

Diesel Day 23        post-46546-0-00286100-1412720560_thumb.jpg    post-46546-0-02404300-1412720573_thumb.jpg    post-46546-0-04485300-1412720588_thumb.jpg

Anubis Day 5         post-46546-0-96341300-1412720617_thumb.jpg    post-46546-0-31227900-1412720628_thumb.jpg

Peace....

Jad...

• Upvote 2

Alright Guys,

How is everyone? or should i say how are the only 3 people that will actually be bothered posting something, Hi Faith, Hi D.R.S.D, Hi Ford fairlane and I'm sure i saw Naycha somewhere so hi to you too mate!

So today is meant to be an update but i really cant be fucked cause it doesn't seem worth putting effort into something that no one else really wants to help with.. 

here are a few pics and you can work the rest out, obviously everything is looking better....

Peace....

Jad...

Don't worry about people not commenting, that is usually a good thing!!  means things are not going to bad. Also, it is still very early days, people will chime in when they have a comment to make. Although at day 23, the diesel should be much bigger, but this is your learning time, so you will know next time to use a different system.  Also the leaves on the diesel are looking a little bit curly, crinkly and generally ordinary man, how is the pH?? 

I understand getting the right gear for the job is a bit expensive, but nowhere near as expensive as buying pot at $350/oz..  When I first decided to become self sufficient, I stopped smoking for 3 months, put all the money aside that I would have spent on green, and was able to set myself up nicely. Really though for an outdoor grow, it doesn.t have to be expensive. Glandahore has a strater kit with everything you need to grow two decent plants for $80  http://glandorehydro.com/shop/growing-media/canna-terra-professional-promo-pack/  now this is a bit pf a rort, coz my guy was giving these packs out for free, but still, has all you need, except a pH meter (the one that comes with it is not a pH meter really), which you can pick up for about $15 and a bottle of Phosphoric acid for pH down (pretty rare to need pH up).  So basically set yourself up for about $100, grow two auto's producing an Oz each and you have just saved yourself about $600, plus you know everything that went into it and you know the qualities of the strain you are smoking..

Anyway

heaps of time left in the outdoor season

Cheers

Ford

Don't worry about people not commenting, that is usually a good thing!!  means things are not going to bad. Also, it is still very early days, people will chime in when they have a comment to make. Although at day 23, the diesel should be much bigger, but this is your learning time, so you will know next time to use a different system.  Also the leaves on the diesel are looking a little bit curly, crinkly and generally ordinary man, how is the pH?? 

I understand getting the right gear for the job is a bit expensive, but nowhere near as expensive as buying pot at $350/oz..  When I first decided to become self sufficient, I stopped smoking for 3 months, put all the money aside that I would have spent on green, and was able to set myself up nicely. Really though for an outdoor grow, it doesn.t have to be expensive. Glandahore has a strater kit with everything you need to grow two decent plants for $80  http://glandorehydro.com/shop/growing-media/canna-terra-professional-promo-pack/  now this is a bit pf a rort, coz my guy was giving these packs out for free, but still, has all you need, except a pH meter (the one that comes with it is not a pH meter really), which you can pick up for about $15 and a bottle of Phosphoric acid for pH down (pretty rare to need pH up).  So basically set yourself up for about $100, grow two auto's producing an Oz each and you have just saved yourself about $600, plus you know everything that went into it and you know the qualities of the strain you are smoking..

Anyway

heaps of time left in the outdoor season

Cheers

Ford

Hi Man! 

thanks for your comment :)... The only reason i am stressing that no one comments is because as you stated, the diesel is day 23 and is "small" but that's obviously because of the traumer it went through in the beginning, but not only that, its the curled dry looking leaves that i have been asking about since the beginning of this thread :(... and finally! u have Ford, have been the man to try suggest something (as well as faith)... lol.. but yeh, ph if fine, im kinda putting it down to genetics and bad start... 

but hey, the Anubis looks nice and healthy :)....

I have pretty much all the basics of outdoor, e.g ph test, soil, ph up ph down, food.... but yeh it doesnt help when ur cheaping out lol... just spend the cash haha :P...

anyways, im just rambling and in a rush, so im sorry if none of this  makes sense!

peace

Jad

Gday all,

I'm going to do another update :) i hope this one entices a few more onlookers :)....

There isn't really too much to mention, other than the fact that the Diesel has gone to flower and the Anubis is Going bezerk compared to the Diesels miserable start as a seedling.... 

Good light fluffy soil is Definately the answer! and i dont care what people say, Ph is still crucial in soil!!......

Here is the update :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Royal Queen Seeds Diesel

So, for anyone who has just started tuning in, this diesel had a ROUGH start!! it was in shit soil, the Ph was way off, it needed a Transplant....

all these things a terrible for an autoflower to go through as they need the best start in life cause it is such a short one!....

which brings us to current time.. She is currently on Day 29, so we are getting close to the halfway point and you can see how stunted the poor girl was, she has good growth everyday, but no where near the potential of this strain! 

Still haven't needed to feed (i don't think) so this one is completely organic so far :)...

We are still getting the dried curled up edges issue on the leaves and they just dont seem to be getting big at all, just cant figure it out!! 

Ph is anywhere from 6.2-7, Getting watered every 5-6th day as its in quite dense soil... cant work it out... 

here are some pics anyway....

post-46546-0-60733300-1413252292_thumb.jpg    post-46546-0-93507500-1413252302_thumb.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pyramid Seeds Anubis Auto

This is the one that gets me excited :) So far so damn good :).... this has been a very hassle free seedling, left her to do her thing and she is performing wonders i believe :)....

We are on Day 11 with this little gem! no nutes, watered twice and just purely loving life!

As mentioned earlier in the diary, this girl is in a light and fluffy mix of quality soil and perlite, and she bloody loves it!

Only issue we have had is not really an issue but found this little fella on one of the leaves... any idea? i have removed and eradicated, as i thought it was some sort of gnat....

post-46546-0-60051700-1413252604_thumb.jpg

Here Is a pic of the gorgeous baby girl! 

post-46546-0-64872400-1413252569_thumb.jpg

Please Guys and Gals, don't hesitate to bug me with advice or questions... i have recently quit smoking the herb until my plants are done and i really have nothing better to do other than talk about them! :)

thanks all for taking the time to read through my update!

hope you enjoyed

Peace

Jadcla

keen to follow this as im about to try similar with some autos in soil/perlite!

Good to hear man! and thanks for tuning in! I need someone doing something similar to team up with and talk about how we r doing :)... lucky you, i also just did an update! :) you will greatly see the difference between shit soil and good light fluffy soil :) your making a good choice with the soil perlite :)

just out of curiosity, where about in the nation are you growing buddy?

peace mad and look forward to seeing your grow!

Jadcla