Royal Queen Seeds Diesel Auto Outdoor Grow journal

I think your perlite is a little bit too random in size too. [emoji45]

Sorry couldn't help myself. One or two leaves being indifferent isn't worth worrying about. Mother Nature likes to mix things up. Nothing is perfect. As billygoat said. Relax a little.

couldnt help ya self?? bud all good :) oppinions are welcome, good or bad :).. mind explaining how odd sized perlite would affect anything man?

good to know bud and as said to billy goat, i wasnt too stressed, just never saw it and was curious :) 

Gday all,

Just a quick little update..

here is a photo of the diesel, definitely some sort of deficiency going on :(... but that plant has been a disaster from the start, so i'm just leaving her to do here thing really....  

post-46546-0-33210500-1413847875_thumb.jpg

And then there is the Anubis, God i love this plant and only continues to surprise me! 

The growth rate of this plant is unbelievable and it just looks so nice and healthy!

I think she may be Polyploid!!!!! opinions greatly appreciated, as this really intrigues me and i'm hoping it is the case :)

Here is a pic for you all :) enjoy!

post-46546-0-04059200-1413848005_thumb.jpg

thanks for viewing guys! enjoy 

Peace

Jadcla

maybe try some multi fertilizer, i use this stuff once or twice a grow http://amgrow.com.au/homegarden/product/?id=61 along side my regular feeding nutes

It's got a good mix of everything major + trace minerals, just make up according to watering amount.

it might help it might not.

good luck!

Hi buddy, thanks for ur reply :)

ahh yes, i have seen this stuff before

i might go with what choofy said and try the epsom salts (just cheap) for now :) if that fails, then nitrosol it is :)

Peace

Jadcla

Hey Jadcla, only just found your diary and did a quick stoner readthrough. 

The Anubis is going nicely, but even the Diesel is doing quite well (except for the leaf curly possible deficiency) for a plant in soil, outdoors, at this time of year, a hell of a lot better than my first auto attempt outdoors. 

At first I was reminded of a royal queen seeds plant that started off slowly with messed up leaves, and thought that maybe it was something common to their stuff, but mine came very good after a few weeks and a change of medium, and her offspring showed none of the same traits, so it's most likely something to do with lack of uptake of something.  Know jack shit about soil, but I assume the same basic principles of availability of nutrition in the right range of PH apply.  Too late to change medium now, so all you can really do is try to make sure your PH is in the right range (I think it's 6.5-7.0ish for soil, but your best asking someone else), and that a complete range of nutrition is available.

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to use your hydro nutrients with soil, just keep it to every 3rd-4th watering.  I have done this with soil, and still do with a coco/soil/perlite mix because I don't seem to be able to come to terms with the more organic methods and know that hydro nutes have the right range of goodies for canna, plants seem to enjoy it.  It is a more expensive option, probably, but if you already have some, why not.  Just make sure not to use them every watering or the salts will build up badly in your soil.

Keep on plugging away, and try to enjoy the grow instead of stressing, you'll get some nice fresh weed in the end, just not huge amounts, but that can go with the territory growing autos.  As for the apparent lack of interest, that's how it seems to work around here, sometimes nothing, then sudden flurries of interest, a lot of the time people just like to look without having anything to say.

• Upvote 1

Hey Jadcla, only just found your diary and did a quick stoner readthrough. 

The Anubis is going nicely, but even the Diesel is doing quite well (except for the leaf curly possible deficiency) for a plant in soil, outdoors, at this time of year, a hell of a lot better than my first auto attempt outdoors. 

At first I was reminded of a royal queen seeds plant that started off slowly with messed up leaves, and thought that maybe it was something common to their stuff, but mine came very good after a few weeks and a change of medium, and her offspring showed none of the same traits, so it's most likely something to do with lack of uptake of something.  Know jack shit about soil, but I assume the same basic principles of availability of nutrition in the right range of PH apply.  Too late to change medium now, so all you can really do is try to make sure your PH is in the right range (I think it's 6.5-7.0ish for soil, but your best asking someone else), and that a complete range of nutrition is available.

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to use your hydro nutrients with soil, just keep it to every 3rd-4th watering.  I have done this with soil, and still do with a coco/soil/perlite mix because I don't seem to be able to come to terms with the more organic methods and know that hydro nutes have the right range of goodies for canna, plants seem to enjoy it.  It is a more expensive option, probably, but if you already have some, why not.  Just make sure not to use them every watering or the salts will build up badly in your soil.

Keep on plugging away, and try to enjoy the grow instead of stressing, you'll get some nice fresh weed in the end, just not huge amounts, but that can go with the territory growing autos.  As for the apparent lack of interest, that's how it seems to work around here, sometimes nothing, then sudden flurries of interest, a lot of the time people just like to look without having anything to say.

G'day SirHashy!

first off, let me just say thanks heaps for taking the time to type that up man :) much appreciated! 

Yeh mate, agreed, I'm loving the look of the Anubis and i also agree the Diesel is going well considering its circumstances lol!

I'm going to buy some Epsom Salts and try that in the next watering on the Diesel to see how its looking after that! if that fails, then I'm just going to let it do its thing, as it seems to be doing kinda Ok.. time will tell and I'm not stressed about em any more.. Definitely taking a more relaxed approach hahaha...

On the topic of the hydro nutes, Yeh i gave them a go, i mixed it up as i would if i was doing a hydro setup e.g. got my EC meter out and checked ec/ppm and did it 0.5 above tap water and ph'd it to 6.7 and then hit the Anubis with that! worked out to be 0.5-1ml per Litre of water if i remember correctly as the Anubis is only on Day 18 and still didn't "need" a feed, i thought a light feed wouldn't hurt and she seemed to have responded really well!

anyway buddy, thanks again

Peace

Jadcla

Hi Jadcla

I have a Royal Queen Diesel Auto as well as a couple of AK 47 Auto's outdoors (25LPrem Mix with 5L Perlite) and I am feeding Canna Vega at the moment. I also have a big kickass bottle of the Canna Flores when they start to flower. I used those outdoors last year and they were great along with supplementing with Molasses(for trace elements) I used both these last year(not on auto's) and was happy with the results. I have a grow diary going which I will try and update with new pics, My Diesel is 35 days and is quite small. The Ak's which are both 5 days younger are much bigger...I don't know what it is but my best AK germinated the slowest but has just really taken off especially when you see it beside the photo of the sister plant germinated with 24hs of each other. Good luck will be keen to see how you go especially since we seem to be on similar timelines.

Cheers Max