advice on when to harvest

crow

I've a Skunk #1 plant and am trying to determine when to harvest.  It is currently at Day 50 of 12/12 after a 30 day vegetive period.  Strain guide states flowering time of 45-50 days [is this from the time they start showing flowers or from changing light schedule to 12/12??].

I've invested in a 40x loupe, a 60x - 100x pocket microscope and a digital microscope and I still can't bloody decide whether these plants are ready or not.  Problem being it's really hard to keep them still enough to inspect the plants, so I've now chopped one of the bud leaves and stuck it under the microscope.

There appears to be minimal browning of pistils, maybe 10% but most trichomes appear cloudy so I'm thinking it might be nearly ready.  I'm definitely NOT interested in a couch-lock / body stone so don't want to leave it too late.

Looking for advice from all you more experienced growers.

post-51352-0-93699900-1380065079_thumb.jpg

post-51352-0-86146200-1380065212_thumb.jpg

Still0000iv.bmp

Still0000v.bmp

post-51352-0-47204000-1380066381_thumb.jpg

post-51352-0-98750200-1380066386_thumb.jpg

Edited by crowsange
  • Upvote 3

Looks good.I would flush for two or three days, and wake up before the sun gets on her. Then cut all but a few of the smaller buds on the bottom.

Its ready if you dont wont “couch lock” I see a few amber looking thric’s so its ready.

The pic shows a plant  post-2554-0-18238000-1380067814_thumb.jpgI let go just a few days to long,but it did’nt hurt it too much (couldnt tell difference in high) But it would lock your brain down for sure,Not much speedy buzz to it.

Enjoy and good job!

Peace out

Skunkxxx

• Upvote 1

Looks good.I would flush for two or three days, and wake up before the sun gets on her. Then cut all but a few of the smaller buds on the bottom.

Its ready if you dont wont “couch lock” I see a few amber looking thric’s so its ready.

The pic shows a plant  attachicon.gif100_3415.JPGI let go just a few days to long,but it did’nt hurt it too much (couldnt tell difference in high) But it would lock your brain down for sure,Not much speedy buzz to it.

Enjoy and good job!

Peace out

Skunkxxx

Thanks for the advice Skunk.

I harvested last Thursday, looking forward to a sample soon.

Beautiful plants crowsange!

Are there any amber trichs in that last one? They all look transparent to me.

Oh, I thought they looked mostly cloudy.   This is what I'm having trouble with, not really sure what I'm looking at - my images just don't seem all that clear to me.  I agree though that there's no amber trichs in the last one - I thought maybe a few in the first pic?

If I wanted a total head high I would check the trichs daily until I noticed the first bit of amber before harvesting.  You would get a total head high before then but amber trichs are the sign of maturity we harvest by so although the little bit of amber would contribute to a body stone a little it should ensure that you get as much potency as possible out of the plant before harvesting it.

Very nice plant btw, she's a stunner :wub:

Wonderful plant and pics of it!

Everything looks good to me…I would pull those yellow leaves off. I pull alot of leaves off but that is a thing you will learn to chose to pull or not.

You got trichomes all clear,You got a week or more left you can grow that one for sure.maybe longer.

Keep us posted with pics.I will help you all I can.

You say you dont see the clear heads on trics.The little mushroom looking things sure look clear and cloudy from pics to me.

Good grow

Peace Out

Skunk

Oh, I thought they looked mostly cloudy.   This is what I'm having trouble with, not really sure what I'm looking at - my images just don't seem all that clear to me.  I agree though that there's no amber trichs in the last one - I thought maybe a few in the first pic?

Cloudy and amber are not the same thing, but either way, from those pics, they look clear to me. Give it a few more days and you should see some changes.