Chocolate crackles don't use butter iTiC... you'd have to use either copha (cheap and nasty hydrogenated coconut oil) or real cocoa butter (bloody expensive, but that's what gives real chocolate it's creaminess and resistence to melting).

I don't really have any favourite recipes because I don't tend to cook sweets... I just use the butter in cooking or on toast.

• Upvote 1

Louise I just wanted to say a heartfelt thank you for sharing your knowledge... I am now up to the 8th batch of your butter, and it has had a profound effect on my quality of life. My Brain tumour is a very serendipitous thing ...but it has caused me no trouble since I have been taking the butter. My balance is better and general health has improved...and this because you are generous enough to share.

Thanks you and peace.

Distiller

• Upvote 8

I did end up doing a run with the hash water but have no idea if it helped the strength. I used 3oz of bud & about 1 oz of trim & hash water from the bottom of my bucket to 1kg of butter. It is deadly. The ricer idea is awesome to. Ive made butter before but never had such a good recovery & always made a huge mess using sieves & potato mashers. Thanks Lou.

• Upvote 1

In the past i have used green frozen trim to make butter.

Only thing i found if butter not washed fully or trim soaked 1st in hot water before hand.

The green taste can be quite strong...

Thanks heaps Ozzy. I'll give Lou's method ago and follow her way to wash the butter too. ;)

got half a kilo of it and still waiting on iso so figured I'd give this ago if the trim didn't need to dry.