Gaytimegrower exposed !

Hi mate, this is the email I got from the manufacturer:

Qoute:

If your hydroponic system is open (i.e. water is constantly flushed out), I

would recommend around 20mls of Seasol per 10 Litres of water fortnightly.

If your hydroponic system is closed (i.e. water is re-cycled), I would

recommend around 5-10 mls of Seasol per 10 Litres of water.

If you would like to receive a detailed information package in the mail,

please email me your address, and I'll arrange it straight away.

Best regards,

Nick Naulty

National Sales Manager

Seasol International Pty Ltd

You can contact him at nick@seasol.com.au

Good luck growing

Grow room modifications:

Since I put the extra pots in I have modified the feeding arrangements. I have 2 rows of 6 pots each. They are now fed via a single feed hose with take-off points to each pot. The front 3 pots are on a seperate line. Both feeders are linked to the main feed line via a "T" pieces.

Dont you just love this push and pull plumbing? (See pics)

Due to this amount of pots, I decided to get a stronger pump. I picked up a 'Water Master' 1000 l/hr from Bunnings for $19.90. Not bad, 2 year warranty as well. This gives plenty of pressure which I am going to need when I make up the watering rings (total of 45 outlet nozzles, 3 on each). I find these best as they give an even distribution of nutes over the pots. I used them about 4 years ago on my 1st grow. Piss easy to make.

I did notice that due to the volume of water and the position I had the return pipes in would have to be changed. They were originally right at the bottom of the nute tank. Pressure of the nutes above was making drainage slow. I have now taken a seperate return from each row of pots and each has its own entry to the tank a lot higher up now. The nutes flow back nice and fast. Solved those little woes. Slowly getting there. (see pics). From one of the returns I put in a 'T' and have a 2ft length of tube with a plug in it. This is so I can take a sample of the nutes coming out of the pots, makes measuring a piece of piss. You can see the tube in the pic, it is standing up against one of the end pots.

As advised, I have covered the tank with panda film to keep out the light. The next mod. to do is move the tank outside the grow room as it is creeping up to 28 deg. C at times. I have been told that this is a bit too high. They like around 22-24 deg?

All in all, it seems to be coming together nicely. The plants are thriving so I must be doing something right. They are 6 days old since they sprouted.

post-9-1071901224_thumb.jpg

22-24 is about right. Keep it in a nice and cool place and you'll be laughing. If the temps keep creeping up, (as they have been lately) then you may want to both insulate, and perhaps think about freezing a bottle of water to place in the reservoir. :)

Otherwise going well... The reservoir draining you've got there is different, I'd let the water drain into the reservoir from above the level of water inside it... But hey, if it works it works, I won't complain. ;)

Keep us updated buddy. :)

A bowl of water on the floor, with a fan blowing over it is usually good enough, make sure you replace it quite often. And don't worry too much about low humidity, it's the high humidity which is a real problem. You can also hang a towel into the bowl of water hanging it above on a hook or rail, that will help to increase the surface area of moisture which can be drawn out...

How much lighting you got in there again? ;) What's temps like?

Thanks for that Luke, sounds like a goer. Will do that now.

Lighting is 600 watt HPS. Temp usually sits around 25deg. during the day with the door open. With the door closed overnight, I havn't found the temp to be any higher than 28deg. Is this okay?

I have one of those 4" extractor fans you get from the hydro shop dragging hot air out from under the light reflector via air cond ducting to the outside. At the bottom there is a 200mm bathroom fan pulling fresh air in.

During the day I have the doors open and give them a breeze with a pedestal fan.

I noticed that where the air intake is that the 2 plants near to it are getting a bit curled on the edges and slightly crisp. I have made a wind break for each of the. All others are A1 so I cant put it down to anything else than "wind burn". Any ideas? ;)