Gaytimegrower exposed !

Guest Wilderbud
I read somewhere that you can have 2 to 4 plants per sq. ft.

For sea of green only. Youll be lucky to keep a plant from being 1 foot wide after its a foot high - theyll be crowded as they are positioned now - flower when theyre 6 inches and youll get away with throwing half of them [males?].

Youll miss out on high yield with this... Clones are best.

How about; tip at 10 inches then root the tips while you flower the rest - then re-grow the sexed tips as your next grow [you should be happy with this]. :D

Edited by Wilderbud

I think you have confused scrog with sog. Sog (sea of green) is lots of plants close together flowered small. SCROG (Screen of Green) is usually fewer plants (maybe one per square foot) trained out to fill a horizontal screen under a light.

of course more plants = less veg time with SCROG, but usually its done with two or four plants under a single light. you will have overcrowding problems as Taz said.

SCROG is suited for clones, and is not really effective from seed. It will be a PITA to remove plants and you'll be left with holes in your screen, because by the time sex has shown the screen should be filled out and all your plants will be tangled up.

What I would suggest you do is as soon as they start to get alternating nodes clone the main growth stem and put them into flower. pull the males as they appear. The males should appear first, then try to space out the rest to give them a bit more room. then when you harvest you keep the clone of the best plant or plants as mothers. take 2-3 clones of every plant. clone selection is important.

Scrog and sog are both dependent on all plants being female, if you get a male in scrog you will heavily pollinate your females in the process of removing it as well as leaving gaping holes in the screen, in sog you could end up losing a fair chunk of your crop to males and hermies. I would grow them until it starts to get a little crowded and then switch them to flowering. Don't forget to take clones though if you want to grow either of the strains next time, then you will have all females. :D

IMO there is no better way to grow from seeds than with SOG, less wasted veg wattage and when they are flowered and males removed, the females lower branches get more light and bush out in flowering more. ending up with much thicker plants than if you grew a proper SOG with clones, like you don't get half the yield of an all female crop like you do with every other method, because the gaps aren't so big cos most of the size of a SOG plant is filled out in flowering more than veg.

Anyways I reckon you'll have a good crop, are them seeds the Heavens Fantaseeds versions??? I only grown 1 fantaseeds strain Misty, but it was a heaps good quality plant for the price.

:;):

I cant believe just how damn good that Seasol liquid fertiliser really is good.

Maybe mine might look like this in a couple of months, I hope. Thanks to whoevers pic that is, its a beaut.

Has anyone used Seasol fert. made from kelp. The manufacturer says it can be used for hydroponics, I have the quantities to use if any one is interested. I havn't used it so far.

post-9-1071842620_thumb.jpg