Return of the Jedi...

This is a side shot of the same plant. These are clones of bacchus, taken off the revegetation. Subsequently, they're quite mature, sexually anyway. Means I can pretty much turn them back to flowering once growing well very quickly... ;) Although I have to remove the lower flowers once they senesce, and begin to die.... nothing like a dying flower at the base of a stem to get a problem going, eh? Not a problem tho. ;) These are great genes, and I'm not bloody loosing em. :)

I've been bandying about the idea of a basic scrog for this grow. This is a very stocky and dense strain tho... hmm... I'll have to think about that one a bit... Could be a good idea, could actually end up making things harder... hmmm... I'll get back on it. :)

Anyway, enough nattering, here's the pic.

post-9-1068205730_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure when I'll be putting this puppy in, but it's probably going to be sooner rather than later. I still have to design a silencer for it tho...

I've made a simple acoustic duct, just some duct with really good ex gov insulation on the outside as a sound barrier. This is only temp, I may end up constructing a silencing box if the standard noise reduction doesn't get me low enough. It's just a matter of working it out really. :)

This is the fan's front, (the side which sucks air.) :)

post-9-1068206190_thumb.jpg

Here's the back.

Actually, whilst I've got anyone who happens to be reading this threads attention, does anyone know a cheap way to make a fan speed controller? Something I can use to reduce the load, speed and noise, but not costing me more than, oh, say 50 bucks to buy or build at most? (I know, I'm a poor bastard...*sigh* :) ) Or even someone out there with an old one they don't need anymore, and might be willing to part with for a reasonable price?

Just in case I need it for sound reduction... I doubt I really need quite all that power... it is a small growspace. If anyone out there can advise, please do so. I'd love to be able to get these ladies up and flowering asap, before summer really kicks in, and if I do, I can then shut down for a bit and make some more plans.... muhuhuhuhuhahahahahaHAHAHAHA!!!!!

*ahem* sorry. ;)

Anyway here's the pic. :)

post-9-1068206613_thumb.jpg

heh Skywalker, thanks for the info on root strength and flowering etc. Its a really good thing to know what your up against... you don't waist that precious 6 wks flowering something that'll never produce the same result if you vegged it more first. So the mum is in with a fairly established root structure... will update my post.

As for controlling speed, noise, vibration on your fan you can use a light dimmer wired in between the socket and fan. Not sure how much but gotta' be under 50.

Lookin' good Luke :huh:

Following a bit of reasearch into fan speed controllers, I've learnt through various reliable sources that a light dimmer is not designed to adjust the speed of a fan, it's designed to adjust the amount of electricity flowing to a tungsten lamp. :huh: Using one is likely to either burn out the fan, or even the house. :D So I think that idea is outta there.

I've found a professionally built fan speed controller available for $100. So I think that may be the go, however, in the meantime, I'm installing the fan without one and running it normally. I've got 300mm duct and I'll be going out and finishing the job in a moment.

Oh yeah, pics will come later tonight too. ;)

I'm installing the fan without one and running it normally. I've got 300mm duct and I'll be going out and finishing the job in a moment. 

Oh yeah, pics will come later tonight too. ;)

I have to add a length of duct to my exhaust fan (as a lightproof measure) on the cabinet I'm almost finished. Never used ducting before - will be keen to see your update. Do you buy a collar or something to attach to the fan or just attach with some duct tape?? I think I just answered my own question :D . Damn this is good weed.

Totally clueless :huh: