12-1 good or no good?

yep and you've got no comaparison to make from a previous grow either so how will you know if what works d9? :scratchin:

what are you trying to make work or to achieve? bigger buds? more yield? or just big leaves? :unsure:

ofc the plant will grow.. that has never been disputed by anyone :rolleyes:

but how will you know it 'works' if you don't know what the working is? :whistle:

:peace:

yep and you've got no comaparison to make from a previous grow either so how will you know if what works d9? :scratchin:

what are you trying to make work or to achieve? bigger buds? more yield? or just big leaves? :unsure:

ofc the plant will grow.. that has never been disputed by anyone :rolleyes:

but how will you know it 'works' if you don't know what the working is? :whistle:

Hi Dani :hi: Define 'works'? It's grown well, has massive fan leaves, and is producing good trichs. What else do you want it to do? All I'm trying to 'achieve', is that the method works.

Out of interest, would you ever consider doing a 12-1 grow, and if not, why not? :good:

no i wouldn't.

i've seen absolutely nothing that compares to plants i've grown or seen from other members using the tried and true 18/6 12/12..

the fan leaves do not need to be over- sized unless that's the strain, as it could mean the plant is overcompensating for something else..

i don't need to save a few $$ on electricity as i have already saved literally thousands of $$ with a cpl of grows using the traditional lighting regime, and hps bulbs. i'm getting good solid buds with a high yield and so covered in trichs you need a hacksaw to chop it :yahoo:

why change that :bongon:

good luck with your grow i truly wish you all the best with it.. as long as you're satisfied and it works for you, that's all that matters :thumbsup:

I`ma go waterproof me boots...again :rolleyes:

Just read the title of this thread, maybe we need a little more adjudication as to what constitutes real content in relation to current theatre Vs derisive and divisive propaganda...

In short, please leave the ego, apparent status, baiting, otherwise unproductive posting at the door.

12-1 Good or No good?: explain why...

Now those using it can give us feedback.

Those not can`t.

Those whom question should do so rationally.

I question it. Would those advocating this light regimen care to address my questions in a clear, factual manner?

JAIKAI

Just read the title of this thread, maybe we need a little more adjudication as to what constitutes real content in relation to current theatre Vs derisive and divisive propaganda...

JAIKAI

:applause:

Healthy roots systems, Optimum lighting levels, dialled in organic soil blends, oxygenation of nutrient, bi-hourly feeds in flood and drain systems, higher CO2 levels in veg...... these things, make for bigger, faster growth, not a party trick flash of light in the dark cycle for an hour ffs

Edited by bufo marinus
  • Upvote 1

I would consider trying a 12/1 vs normal lighting, but only once I have 2 tents the same size, running the same 600's.

Only reason I would try is because its easier to do a side by side comparison with same nutes at same time, to know once and for all.

Anything is possible, but for now with 1 tent I'll be sticking to the usual.

Hey everyone. I don't want to wiegh in on this debate. I just want people to use facts when they are making a statement.

I have read that plants photosynthesise at night so this may explain the growth burst from extra dark hours.. I have also read that plants can photsynthesise in the light so that would debunk that theory....Puka :thumbsup:

One way in which plants are categorized is by the way they gather and handle carbon dioxide. Cannabis is a C3 plant. It uses the CO2 it gathers during the light period, when it is photosynthesizing. Plants designated C4 also gather CO2 during the dark period for use during the light period. Many C3 plants, including cannabis, do not need a rest period. They continue to photosynthesize as long as they are receiving light.

mcdogboy: A photo is still important as we can ascertain whether it is actual growth or a bit of extra stretch

Cheers :thumbsup:

td

EDIT:

mcdogboy: I couldn't find it last night but here is a link to some information about how the sex of seeds is not genetically predisposed. I have mentioned this before but Subcool and alot of other experienced growers believe if you germinate your seeds between 21-26 degrees you will have a better ratio of females.

td

Edited by iatd