AEROGARDEN GROW

Just read on the aerogarden site, it's possible to extend the light even further. Stick something into the top 'hole' and put the light into the stand, it should balance just fine.

i reckon that'll add a good few inches :D

ironically... still... they put no information on the nutrient tabs.

hey undisputed i don't have the tomato tabs (i'm still paying off the aerogarden so I can't afford anymore fertilisers) but I do have the master gardener tabs and in the book it says what to use when growing tomatoes... I take it i should follow that guideline?

I forgot to ask dude, how did u germinate ur seeds? did u glue them to the sponge like the manual says or did u germinate them outside first? or did u just drop them in haha

I'm thinking of germinating them outside so I know which direction its growing, then drop em in upright. not sure if it will take hold though, what do you think?

To germinate them...i just emptied the pods that had existing seeds in using tweezers then got a blade and made a big cut through the middle of the sponge....then just popped my seeds in but didnt cover them i just sat them 2mm from the top they sprouted in 3 days.....make sure u cut the sponge a bit otherwise the taproot wont reach the water!!!

Luckily I have the master gardener blank sponge so I'll skip the first bit :D so I'll cut the middle open and put the seed near the top, then close the sponge and slot it in. Is there a way to orientate the seed so the growth is completely upright and not crooked? (I think that happened to some people)

:D

Heheh , you should do some reading on the basics Waken ... Plant the seeds point down :/

You can't trim a plant everyday ... every time you pinch/tip/prune your gowing tips the plant will delay growth and will take at least a few day before the new shoots start to grow out. I'd probably not trim at all , LST (low stress training)/Tie-down will increase branching ... If I were Undisputed I'd be tying them down as early as possible.

Also , about the root zone too ... I think the 2 or 3 or 4 in the back is the way to go (I'd probably fill it to start because chance of males etc , but then would prefer to have the keepers in the back) ... This way you can slowly train them toward the front of the unit :P

Will tiny screw hooks into the base cover work??? ... that would be perfect ... (you could probably cut off the thread and glue them to not "damage" the unit but it wanna be good glue :D

Anyhoo , All the best and Good Luck :D

Cheerz,

Budman :wave:

If u look at the side of the area I'm using you'll see a bunch of little holes, I wonder if I could slot some hooks into there and tie the branches to them? :D

A recent addition - I taped a hose to the side of the wall next to the aerogarden and it leads to my computer table. I can breathe into it now and again to give my babies a dose of CO2 :D

Btw thanks for that tip about the seeds :wave: I never saw that anywhere!

post-33164-1244973402_thumb.jpg

A recent addition - I taped a hose to the side of the wall next to the aerogarden and it leads to my computer table. I can breathe into it now and again to give my babies a dose of CO2 :wave:

.. CO2 injection wont make a dot of difference until it tops at least 1000ppm or even 1400ppm .. u wont get that from breathing or farting down a tube mate :D

:D