AEROGARDEN GROW

Yo wakenbake

4 plants in the unit IMO would be too much for the unit to hold...especially root space.....growing them with the other herbs will also hinder them aswell IMO

But if u are gonna do 4 plants only use 1 of the tablets supplied instaed of 2 (so 1 starter , 1 growth, 1bloom etc every 2weeks)

Any other strain will suffer miserablly so ive read unless its an autoflower, as these are designed for an optimal size whereas if u just used seeds u have collected over the years u will find height will overcome....i mean most strains grow upto and between 90cm-116 which is a max of 46"!!!

I dont think im allowed to tell you where to get seeds from, but search the web for the lowrider variety, and u will be fine mine got here safe and im sure the cops wont be knockin your door down (maybe the federal police ;)) nah dont stress man ive had plenty of seizures from customs and have never seen a copper or anyone from customs just warning letters!!

Dammit! I was gonna get some seeds of my brother's blueberry in melb. But assuming they wont all be female, how many should I start with then?

Oh, and I have the perfect idea: (feedback please im pretty sure im so stoned this idea just sounds awesome)

i live in an apartment block, has floors 2-9 but no 1. Requires a card to get in, so if a mailman has a card to tell someone their package is at the post office, he just leaves it on the floor for us to fish through. I could use a fake name, and a fake address by saying my unit is on the 1st floor (which doesnt exist ;))

Only flaw I see is the cops fucking me for being the dude AUTHORIZED to pick up the package, what if they want me to take them to the flat? or does that not happen?...

Also undisputed, the kit comes with large and small nutrient tablets. which ones do u use??

Been looking at seed banks, best one is planet skunk which i cant find lowryders on ;)

hypothetically, if i took like 2 seeds of a different strain, and pinched and cropped the crap out of em, would they still form a nice bush?

Im planning on sticking the aerogarden in a hollowed out fridge. This provides free air supply and I read somewhere that cold weather creates more females. what exactly would the plant do in terms of this mouldy stain i keep hearing about? should i line the fridge with tin foil?

i got mine from paradox.co.uk

dont use fake name as u will have to sign for them....dont stress just tell the shippers to use discreet pack etcc..

as far as using the fridge i think is a good idea, no need for tin foil as inside is already white??

use the nute from the tomato seed pack and make sure you half the sponges in the cups as i found on one of them it took ages for it to reach water and again can impede growth.

ive heard the lowrider greatwhite or hindu kush is a very easy strain to grow whereas blueberry is apparently quite difficult....i wouldnt bother using collected seeds at all autoflower all the way bud!

plus im only giving feedback on my experience so far which is limited to say the least!

good luck man!

Dammit! All I've got r the italian herbs and the ones that comes with the master gardener (nutrient tabs)

thanks for the advice on the other strains! I was stressing about blueberry since it's pretty nutrient sensitive apparently, but I was after it for that aroma, just in case that weed smell spreads around my place (not good in case I get a visit from the manager or something, they tend to come by to check on the place for insurance)

also... what exactly happens to walls when you grow??? some people say nothing other people say they grow mould others say they stain in the shape of weed leaves (which sounds bloody ridiculous). The tin foil was to keep the integrity of the fridge wall, but this is assuming something bad happens when you grow weed.

Nah dont stress bout the staining issue...sugarsoap will get rid of em "if" they occur.....but as far as aroma goes the blueberry stinks bad when its flowering so maybe the whiteshark or the kush may not be as bad.

just put it in a fridge with a padlock on ....if the seals are in tact smell shouldnt be an issue

unfortunately a friend told me today that there isn't any air circulation in a fridge, kinda defeating the purpose. I can't alter the fridge since it isn't mine. Plus unless i get an alaskan breed, i think the cold would reduce photosynthesis.

Kush and white shark sound awesome then, matches with my original plan (theres a new topic on it). I could just use a fan and the bathroom air vent to lose the smell.

About to rip my last cone... I hate relying on dudes to get herb. Can't wait to get this garden going~!

;)

G'day again,

Yeh don't worry about the fridge thing I don't think that is right ... you won't get more females from cold ;)

Lowryder , although not the most praised strain is probably well suited to such a small grow space as it was designed to be.

Is the 16" how much height the plant can get? .. or height of total machine? ...

If that is the available plant space then I think any stout Indica would go well :)

To be honest my little outdoor (winter) sativas are about that tall and 3/4 flowered ;) So Indica dominant plants shouldn't be any problem , root space may well be an issue , but as long as the plants receive their proper intake of water and nutrients they don't seem to mind mingling roots :) , again I've got three 16" plants in one small pot (about 10cm diameter) and they are doing fine , might not yield as much but they won't suffer ;)

Um .. what else was there ... ;) ... oh yeah ...

Tying them down without wrecking the system ... what is that base stuff made from? .. some tiny screw hooks would work great lol if not you'll have to use your imagination as I don't think putting a few housebricks in there will be very practical :D

Also , NO .. keep the lights as close as possible (within reason ofc , don't burn the leaves and too low will not distribute the light optimumly) ... I'm not sure how the lights are set out inside a but a few inches should be fine.

You want the plants to branch and stay compact before flower ... when they have filled around 2/3rds of their height then you would flower , if they stretch a little more towards the end you should just be able to bend/tie down the buds (sideways under the light won't hurt them , the "underside" of the bud will just be a little "underdone" , if you trim/tie before you flower then you'll have lotsa mini buds sticking upwards ofc)

Sorry if I'm blabbering on a bit ... I just type it as I think it sometimes :peace:

I think that covers most of what hase been raised ... I look forward to seeing how this goes :D

My guess is you could get your own choice of nutrients into the system too , I spose you'll run outta tablets eventually and ofc might not be suited as flowering nutrients.

Another Q. ... Do they list the properties of the nutrient? N-P-K etc? I'm interested.

So that about wraps it up for now ... Until next time ...

Cheerz and Happy Growing ;)

Budman ;)

;)

G'day again,

Yeh don't worry about the fridge thing I don't think that is right ... you won't get more females from cold ;)

Lowryder , although not the most praised strain is probably well suited to such a small grow space as it was designed to be.

Is the 16" how much height the plant can get? .. or height of total machine? ...

If that is the available plant space then I think any stout Indica would go well :)

To be honest my little outdoor (winter) sativas are about that tall and 3/4 flowered ;) So Indica dominant plants shouldn't be any problem , root space may well be an issue , but as long as the plants receive their proper intake of water and nutrients they don't seem to mind mingling roots :) , again I've got three 16" plants in one small pot (about 10cm diameter) and they are doing fine , might not yield as much but they won't suffer ;)

Um .. what else was there ... ;) ... oh yeah ...

Tying them down without wrecking the system ... what is that base stuff made from? .. some tiny screw hooks would work great lol if not you'll have to use your imagination as I don't think putting a few housebricks in there will be very practical :D

Also , NO .. keep the lights as close as possible (within reason ofc , don't burn the leaves and too low will not distribute the light optimumly) ... I'm not sure how the lights are set out inside a but a few inches should be fine.

You want the plants to branch and stay compact before flower ... when they have filled around 2/3rds of their height then you would flower , if they stretch a little more towards the end you should just be able to bend/tie down the buds (sideways under the light won't hurt them , the "underside" of the bud will just be a little "underdone" , if you trim/tie before you flower then you'll have lotsa mini buds sticking upwards ofc)

Sorry if I'm blabbering on a bit ... I just type it as I think it sometimes :peace:

I think that covers most of what hase been raised ... I look forward to seeing how this goes :D

My guess is you could get your own choice of nutrients into the system too , I spose you'll run outta tablets eventually and ofc might not be suited as flowering nutrients.

Another Q. ... Do they list the properties of the nutrient? N-P-K etc? I'm interested.

So that about wraps it up for now ... Until next time ...

Cheerz and Happy Growing ;)

Budman ;)

I do the same thing too with the rambling ;) I tend to crop my posts after theyre done. The light stand extends to 50cm (or so it says in the manual) which is 20 inches I think.

Glad you cleared up that mingling roots problem!! Makes a big help with arranging which pods to use. Problem is there ain't shit on the nutritional information of the tablets. NPK ratios irrelevant, which would probably explain why the autoflowering strains work best.

I have no idea how to tie them down. This is my second attempt (the first was in a pot plant on the balcony which failed miserably). I started a topic, and will start the growth on july 18th. feel free to watch it and tell me how i should tie them down ;) (I'm pretty sure I'd kill em somehow). My original plan was to pinch them every day and crop them when necessary, hopefully completely raping apical dominance. This won't work will it? Haha

HAHA nah that wont work bro :D

the nutrients that come with the tomatoe packs are very close to cannas requirements however i might invest in some kick arse bloom feed from hydro shop when needed

ive just had a quick peek at mine this morning and they are going mental now so ill post some more pics on tuesday so u guys can see em....

Q for budman though if they dont outgrow the machine in height (which i dont think they will) is there any other methods of getting a greater yield or shall i tie em down regardless?? im hoping for about 7-10grams per plant which i think will be easily acheivable but it would be nice to get closer to 1/2 oz (dosent sound like much but im not after a huge crop, just high quality bud)