Vic OPP seeks and gets extension

iamnotacop -- Spoke to the HCA registrar on Wednesday and she indicated the index book will be finalised early next week, It will then be put before one of the Justices, prob French and a decision on the removal will be made, we may or may not get to speak to the Justice during the decision making phase depends on whether they feel we have put enough in our written submision, maybe late next week early following week. :)

After the opp response :) I do not believe the HCA will allow the case to return to the County court

I believe we will get removal to the high court and actually get to argue the case there.

As soon as we have a date for a hearing we will publish it in the forum so all are aware and can attend if available to give moral support. The wait is SOOOOOOOO frustrating. :)

Update

The Court has asked for a full copy of the transcript of the hearing in the county court to be lodged by reference from an affidavit, that is written and will be lodged today.

The Court has informed us the Index book will be finalised on 5 June and should go to the Justices on ~12 June

waiting waiting waiting...........

Looks like we may have found a house to rent, should find out today or tomorrow if we got it.

So we will probably move round the 6th

All at the same time, moving house, high court case and last week my mum was in hospital,

What is the meaning of STRESS?

OK bad news we did NOT get the property we applied for and the agent REFUSED to give a reason on the basis of the privacy laws!!!!! That is now 6 refusals in the last two weeks.

Got nothing to do with the privacy laws they are about not giving out private information, not about not saying why somebody was refused the right to rent a house they could afford and had a glowing reference from their CURRENT landlord...

So we DESPERATLEY NEED TO FIND a 3brm house with garage upto $240wk within 1 hr melb CBD

if anyone can help or somewhere secure to store a house full of furniture etc till we finish at the high court.

As of 30 June we will be on the streets which makes it a bit hard to receive mail from the court.

The defamation suite against the REIV for their database of false information is gunna be a doosie after we win in the HCA. close the bastards down we will.

Not happy sam,

That sucks....

How ARE you gonna get the mail? Set up a P.O box and inform them about it or something.

Shit man, I really wish I had a house myself, you'd be welcome :rolleyes:

How about sleeping on the steps of the court with signs around you saying "This is what Cannabis LAWS to do people"

Or, in the governments recent as style, "Cannabis laws, they will take your home and ruin your life"

Edited by luciddreaming

Hi Lightning, I've been following you're fight, for justice and freedom which we all have come to known as the legalization of cannabis and well there's one thing that you could do that could help with the case, living arrangments, money all of it, but it also could be quite suicidal...

Take this to the media!

If the people get behind your story, the brutal treatment towards yourself forcing you out of your home and a life, the pure hypocrisy and corruption going on within the government on this fight and THE FIGHT its self.

If the people of Australia were to get behind you it would empower your fight so much, it could also bring sympathy, resulting in donations possibility in finding a place to rent easier.

The suicidal factor though is if the media gets a hold of your story and then positions the viewers in a complete opposite view to this.

But i think the gain is more then the loss in this situation.