Large area requires light

Guest Field_of_Light

I would definately be on the look out for blown fuses...make sure you know how to replace the wire in the fuse in your power box...I've got a 6kW air con here that I was wanting to get installed..($1000 new, $250 to get installed) and the handy man said I might need an extra circuit to have it put in...he said to just be on the lookout for blown fuses...as it I might need to replace the fuse every so often...he said if that happens often enough then I should get a new circuit installed...fuck nows how much that would cost...

hey FoL,

the relay switch is a small switch installed just after the ballast along the fixture cord... it switches the power from one line (room1) to other line (room2) this means the ballast runs 24/7 saving on iginiting costs... You do require two light shades,fixtures and globes but when only concern is turnover this is the way to go. Also helps if your power box cant handle all that much...

MrP is that aircon on a 30 amp circuit? otherwise its going to shit itself all the time... and if it does youd be better off with a flick on and off breaker fuse about 15$ at hardware.... stonedas

hey Mr. Putard, is that the cooling power of your aircon or the power consumption? Because they are rarely the same. also that just sounds wrong, a large roomy would be 2000W. what the hell kind of unit have you got that sucks that much power? :P

Field of Light, in terms of the timed relay switch between the ballast and lights I would guess you'd need to get it made up. Would be a good seller i reckon if anyone here was to start selling hydro equipment online :D

hey, yeah I kinda over did things when I bought that air con....I was just so sick of working at home and sweating my arse off that I went out and bought the biggest window air con I could find...can't wait to have it put in...it's going to turn this place into a fridge...it would only draw 6kW if it was running full blast and I would probably have to turn into a werepolarbear before I would do that...actually it's remote controlled and you can set it to keep the air at a constant temp...so that's pretty cool huh??

hey,

I dont think there is anyne that is making the relays commercially as such, I know of a hydro shop that will design to suit.. Main problem is cord length and whether you want to use a sun circle or rail aswell.... If you were to think of your ballast and where the fixture cord plugs in, there would be a relay with two lines instead of one.. Any sparky should be able to work it out..... ill see what other info i can dig up later this week stonedas

Guest Field_of_Light
Mr Prutard...get a few quotes when doing it...`my last mates rates' guy worked out at 150 per hour.....the fucking wanker.......total bill to wire up my air condtioner and oven and extraction fan was 640$...250 in materials......

Stonedas brings up an interesting point there, light movers could save you more than they cost in a short time, you can use them to make your lights cover a larger area so you don't need to run as many lights.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif