The End of Oz Stoners?

Shades of Marlon Brando/Apocalypse Now there Al.

'They make us drop bombs on women and children but they won't let us write FUCK on the sides of our airplanes because it is immoral'

... and just the mention of The Family First Party makes me grind my teeth lol it makes sense their name popped up in this thread.

Hey brick50 fuck the muskets, check this guy out. When you need to make a point,... use a bulldozer! lol

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbG9i1oGPA

I wonder if that footage will be banned? lol I'm guessing running over an entire town in your bulldozer would not be legal in most states :bongon: I bet he was smoking pot too! lol

He sure was pissed off at someone. lol

Ok first of all lets all calm down abit :bongon:

firstly oz stoners is a US based site thus the .com not .com.au so we are covered by freedom of speech act

with that said you can now see that the site cant be shut down unless there is proof of illegal activity and hence the site rules

now with that out of the way if the aust goverment is to push this through a simple proxy server program will get you anywhere you wanna go

so again before we all run off and make a huge mark by writing heaps of emails to this issue and ending up putting more heat onto the site, Lets all take a deep breath and chill out as i dont see it effecting us much at all

cheerz lol

You are right stoney. I was just talking to my son about it (he is a member of the Young Democrats)and in his opinion it would not get passed the senate if the Libs, Nationals, Greens and one independent voted no. Unless they agreed to vote yes of course. It does get the blood boiling though, when they can even contemplate the idea.

the fact they are even thinking about this when there is so much more fucked up shit happening in the world is wrong. since when did we become china?

firstly oz stoners is a US based site thus the .com not .com.au so we are covered by freedom of speech act

with that said you can now see that the site cant be shut down unless there is proof of illegal activity and hence the site rules

now with that out of the way if the aust goverment is to push this through a simple proxy server program will get you anywhere you wanna go

so again before we all run off and make a huge mark by writing heaps of emails to this issue and ending up putting more heat onto the site, Lets all take a deep breath and chill out as i dont see it effecting us much at all

cheerz lol

didn't stop china from blocking google. Of course there will always be ways to get around blocks from sites. but the mere fact that these things are even high on a to-do list for politicians sends such a fucked up and wrong message. So what if smoke pot? People are dieing from Malnutrion/obesity/alcholism/cigerettes. deal with them before you even speak to us you pricks.

cheerz lol

This is not about shutting down sites, it's a bout blocking them so it doesn't matter where they are located. Also there's no need that any protest letters will bring more heat to this site, after all, why even mention it? It's not about OzStoners per se, it's about abusive government censorship.

(p.s. If anyone is firing off letters, remember to send one to your ISP as well. cheers)

Take a broad look at what has happened since the end of WWI. All western countries have incrementally increased taxation, identical legislation, similar regulation and surveillance. If you travel by airline they now scan you so they can check your penis or labia size. Americans can exercise their cherished First Amendment rights – but only in government designated areas (just like Beijing). All of these (& other governments) have given away their ability to issue currency to private central banks! - all of them!

In the western world living standards are dropping. The media is largely controlled. Alternative medicine is government prevented and now they realise that the internet must be censored!

Americans have long cherished their citizens' militia – but what more do they need before they act? Australians are just the same.

“Crucifixion?” “Yes.” “Good. One cross each and stand against the wall.”

When a democratically elected government was dismissed by a Governor-General, appointed by a Queen, herself appointed to the position of sovereign by the British parliament NO ONE DID ANYTHING!

Study Fabius Maximus.

Despite what some people may think, there are Australians working feverishly behind the scenes to bring about change both for Australians and as a corollary, internationally. I have reason to believe that this change will happen shortly. Its been approx. 35 years in the planning.

Ok first of all lets all calm down abit :peace:

cheerz :smoke:

from what i have read on this issue, it will be a censorship and blocking of any sites the government thinks are not good for the health of the nation. Meaning we simply couldn't connect to this site anymore? from an Australian ip address?

So in fact is this not the entertainment industry behind this, pushing for it and helping the government to develop a filter so as safeguard their films, music, digital rights,etc which they cant protect any other way..... entertainment industry is worth billions

in other words, the next time you try to visit a banned site, you’ll simply get an “Address Not Found” error, you’ll also be taking the first step toward a day when your government, your ISP, and even your community will decide what is OK for you to visit

what is the definition of inappropriate material?

with Government-mandated software monitoring each Internet connection we can expect the scope to expand further as time goes by...

how will the Government resist pressure by Family First Fuckturds or other special interest groups to permanently block material considered by some to be harmful...

:smoke: