"fail to understand why the HEMP Bar wants to take a position AGAINST a large portion of Aussie stoners just because they grow hydro."

it seems that some oz stoners are selectivly dyslexic

i made several pionts making distinctoin between commercial growers and home growers

i also believe its commercial growres who are producing dodgy pot that is harming people

much pot (if not all) grown hyrdoponically or organically is geneticly modified how else can you breed plants if not thru modifying thier genes? selective breeding IS geneticly modifying

"Their mission statement also supports the governments harsher stance on hydro."

what a load of bull bickies!! we are trying to get cannabis Re-legalised that means All cannabis

tho i admit we maybe should make a more clear distinction between commercial hydo and home grown hydro

i believe personally from talking to around 30,000 ppl a year about pot that more people recact badly to smoking hydro than to bush buds i put that down to the increasing commercialness of potand it attracting poeple not motivated to grow good pot but to make money and lots of it they dont give a stuff who they sell to or if the sprays the use are harmfull

to those they sell to just as long as they get their money!!!

MOST home growers DO care what they put on thier pot cause they will be smoking it

THEY ARE NOT THE PROBLEM

as i have said repeatedly its the money people, the commercial growers that are causing the problems

(tho reading some of the posts here i begin to wonder)

also pipeman i wouldnt say our posts are hostile unless you mean that to disagree with you is hostile ? maybe you expect us to go running and hide when we are attacked ?

come see me in the HEMP Bar anytime from wednesday to sunday i will be happy to talk to you dont be scared !!

any way ive had enough typing i have work to do

i welcome any and all of you to come here and discuss things with us/me

tho i doubt many of you will without the anonomous protectoin of the forum

peace

Dave Cannabis

HEMP Bar

• Downvote 1

Dave I've talked with you many times, but I don't walk into Nimbin and introduce myself as pipeman. :yahoo:

I know what you've posted in this thread I'm not arguing with anything you've said my response was to BigBong's post.

So commercial growing is the problem, and the laws make commerical growing profitable. Thats what you should say in your mission statement. Not some garbage about a conspiracy of the hydro industry and genetically modified weed. :thumbsup:

If genetic modification includes standard breeding techniques then there isn't a plant on the planet used by man which isn't genetically modified.

That's just silly.

If you don't think commercial hydroponic production is good for people, how about making that your mission statement, rather than saying you've made a distinction here, why not make the same distinction on the statement?

It's easy to criticise those who grow commercially, but these people supply the vast majority of the market.

Show me one study that can differentiate between hydroponic cannabis and the same strain grown organically and then show how this is bad and I'll be more inclined to believe you. But there is no difference. The only difference would be that the hydroponically grown plant may be slightly better fed, with all things being equal.

Change the mission statement to reflect reality, and you'll see a lot more support.

I still can't get over how you view GMO though, I hope you don't grow any heritage varieties of vegetables in your garden, because under this definition of GM you've got some GM food there...

webgreetings yet again.

here we sit, in thehempbar, cannabis dave the undatoka and I, both writing to this forum.

Even tho we appreciate this forums existance as it has provided some feedback that has given us a chance to refine the mission statement yet again, we'd rather be speaking to the real people in the comfort of the hempbar, saves all the typing for a start, plus you would hear the inflections of the voices and see our body language and understand that we are asking each "hydro user" -at their leisure- to look at their drug of choice from another point of veiw, perhaps to provoke them to think deeply and perhaps do a lot of research into the myriad of information about indica and the commercial interests perhaps to ask old stoners what they think about the hydro industry - dont be too distracted by claims that the amsterdam based seed breeders of the early seventies were under orders from the DEA to design a more addictive drug, but look rather to how you feel (or remember how you used to feel before you were a grower) when you run out of "hydroponic euphoria". Do you ever get headaches, ever? Do /did you totally turn your house upside down looking for lost stashes, look for dropped nugs on the carpet, scratch the mull bowl and then totally rearrange your life and finances around getting more herbs? Running out of outdoor (to me) is much less stressful and I find that abstinence makes the weed grow stronger..... Ask anyone in the hempbar, I run out of pot a lot !

Anyway,

I look along the focus line of the webcam and see the hempar is fully loaded, smiles all round and pot laws being broken. Cannabis Dave and I have been making changes to the mission statement and we would like to invite all ozstoners to reread the mission statement and click on the links to the webcam today for the coming up to 2,000th - 420 celebrated by the Undatoka.

You can hear audio of this at 420 by following the links to the PotRevolution audio visual chat on paltalk

till next

peace

;O)--~

• Downvote 1

Hello BigBong

I had a look at the mission statement but can't see any changes?..

Did I read your post wrong? I think you said you and Dave were going to make some changes?

It's like arguing the difference between beer and spirits really, they are both the same and do the same thing but they are made (or grown) differently. Have a different taste. etc.

webgreetings stoned stump

try holding the control button whilst pushing refresh after reopening www.nimbinhempbar.com/mission.html in a new browser window, cntrl+F5 will pull the latest copy from our server.

till next

peace

;O)--~

P.S. Pipeman next time you are in the hempbar please introduce your self to us as pipeman, alwwways nice to meet a fellow cyberstoner.....

Edited by BigBong.org

I reloaded the page after clearing my internet cache and it still shows the same thing..?

"We are NOT referring to commercial Indoor hydroponic cannabis indica strains, genetically modified variants of Cannabis that produces disproportionate amounts of THC in a very short time under very bright electric lights with its roots in chemicals."

"Since opening day in the H*E*M*P*Bar telling the truth about 'hydro' has been a major focus, tho we think of it as alerting our patrons to all of the very real dangers associated with 'hydro' (particularly commercial) and especially in the understanding of the conspiracy (oil companies and chemical companies) that is behind the entire hydroponic industry."

This is what needs to be removed as it is false and misleading.

Edited by stonedstump

So are u guys saying that u want to see cannabis sativa legalized or at best decriminalised, but would be happy to see cannabis indica remain illegal or even come under harsher laws, because if this is the case where do sativa/indica crosses fit into this? is ruderalis a problem? What about the many sub species of cannabis? Is it the crossing of these plants that NATURALY occur in different parts of the world the problem? OR are u taking a stand against "An Evil Demon Weed Resposible for the Destruction of Our Young Peoples Minds"ie. cannabis indica, because this sounds scarily like the anti-pot lobby to me.

I have read your mission statement both old and updated and I can see what your concerns are but don't understand why u still seem to be attacking the very plant you claim to be fighting for.........

Is it the level of THC that is the problem? Because all "wild" stands of sativa, indica, ruderalis plants will have some plants that have higher levels of THC than the rest.

Are u saying that u would like to see the POLICE test your buds for THC% to see if they are within a legal level? [in Qld and some other states this is what happens with legal hemp farms]
What % do u think that should be?

Anyway I could go on but, I hope what u are trying to say is "Know where your buds come from .ie no chemicals if thats your choice" And "Everything in moderation because if u overdo anything it all turns bad"

I just don't see the need to attack the plant.............. laugh.gif