Its a bit disheartening to realise that the new hydro laws were encouraged from within the stoner community.

where and when did this happen :thumbsup: I re-read BB's post several times

The new hydro laws were intoduced to combat the rise of large scale grow houses mainly as far as I can make out and this is the main problem with the image of hydroponic growers - it's what the public sees on TV

The laws reflect the problem here i.e massive increase in fines for over 5 plants , severe fines for having children in a grow house , posessing large amounts of grow eqipment etc

The recent bust invloving the Kaballah mob is a perfect example of people giving us personal growers a bad name , these people are not stoners - we won't be standing out the front of court saying free them because of shit mj laws.

Saying the hemp bar had a hand in the new laws is a reckless statement indeed.........

Edited by Mulcontent

As to whether we are agents of disinformation about Hydro, that has yet to be conclusively proven and there is simply too much evidence mounting against "hydro" for the HEMPBar to endorse Hydro.

You have got to be kidding. You say it has to proven you have bullshit on your hempbar website?

Well here is the proof, as quoted directly from your site.

"We are NOT referring to Indoor hydroponic cannabis indica, a genetically modified variant of Cannabis that produces disproportionate amounts of THC in a very short time under very bright electric lights with its roots in chemicals."

- THAT IS MIS-INFORMATION and one BIG FAT LIE.

I think you should seriously consider changing around your mission statement because it's a crock of shit as far as I'm concerned. For a pot activist you sure do have a very closed mind towards these things.

If you don't want to ENDORSE hydroponically grown weed, then what makes you think you should make up lies about it to make outdoor grown weed sound better? (When in fact, it is the same plant).

• Upvote 1

i have been sitting here typing replies for 30 mins to this thread but they all keep coming out abusive in some way, so all im going to say is that everything that has needed to be said has been and that a review of their mission statement is in the works according to a previous post.

as such im closing this thread unless the admin want it re-opened in which case they will open the thread again. but from what i have read so far + judging from the amount of replies i was going to make before deciding on this one, this thread is a shit storm just waiting to explode and i would rather not see that happen :thumbsup:

• Admin

:thumbsup: Re-opened... Keep it nice peoples. Everybody is entitled to share their views on this topic. I dont really see any reason to close it after only a few views have been expressed, nor do I see the need to go on the attack. We need to be a united community not a divided one.

If however, you can't share them in an adult manner, your posts will be removed.

• Upvote 1

they are more than a couple of guys with a website IMO wildflower. Nimbin and the HEMP Bar get mainstream news coverage at least once a year.

Saying the hemp bar had a hand in the new laws is a reckless statement indeed.........

BB implies as much in his post. Or at least that the HEMP Bar doesn't care about the harsher hydro laws. Their mission statement also supports the governments harsher stance on hydro.

I fail to understand why the HEMP Bar wants to take a position AGAINST a large portion of Aussie stoners just because they grow hydro.

IMO the law should distinguish between commercial growing and personal growing, and that is the distinction the HEMP Bar should really be making. Whether its hydro, bush, indica or sativa should be completely irrelavent.

• Upvote 1

IMO the law should distinguish between commercial growing and personal growing, and that is the distinction the HEMP Bar should really be making. Whether its hydro, bush, indica or sativa should be completely irrelavent.

well said.

also (sorry for the edit) indoor growing is prevalent because of prohibition...who wouldnt wanna grow a huge sativa tree out the back? or 2 :thumbsup:

Edited by wildflower

fail to understand why the HEMP Bar wants to take a position AGAINST a large portion of Aussie stoners just because they grow hydro.

yea .... thats a worry eh , especially when nimbin has been the constant supplier of potent hydro pot for eons .... i've been up there religously since 93

perhaps it's time for a change

ev :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: You've heard of divide and conquer dudes?

Hemp bar, if you fellas are front line troops in the war on cannabis, then you must recognize indoor growers as your alley. If not you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Taking snipes at hydro indoor will bring division.

Good luck with your cause, and may it include your mates! (who have bongs and dogs and love the same plant with the same depth of passion as you!) :yahoo:

The Mission Statement has adopted the politically sensitive high-ground for whatever reason, though i doubt it will afford them any advantage against the government's push for strict repression and imprisonment of cannabis cultivators.

the evidence of which they speak when refering to 'evidence mounting against "hydro" ' is as circumstantial as it is inconclusive and therefore cannot be taken seriously.

It would be interesting to understand the apparently hidden, "conspiracy that is behind the entire hydroponic industry."

shock...horror...:yahoo:

:thumbsup:

I used to grow in organic potting mix, water with hydro ferts, start indoors under lights, and then finish outside for the last 2-4 weeks. These days I grow entirely indoors, but still use organic potting mix and hydro ferts.

Where do these methods fit into the natural/artificial argument? Where do you draw the line? The fert source you use? Light source? Growing medium? Strain? (And, of course, where does the law draw the line?)

I have tried many different strains, over many years, in all combinations of indoors/outdoors and organic/inorganic, and they all work very well if done properly. (Although some strains are not compact enough for smaller growing spaces.)

Given that you are doing everything right (temperature, pH, nutrient levels, light/dark ratios, drainage, ventilation, etc), then the only things that really count are the strain (genetics), and whether it is finished under artificial or natural light for the last 2 weeks or so. (Sunlight is higher quality and more evenly distributed light, but not completely reliable. Artificial light is lower quality and less evenly distributed, but it is more reliable and still does a pretty damn good job. I first used artificial lights to grow over 25 years ago, and I have no complaints about them, apart from the dollar cost. They have made growing personal much safer and easier.)

Hemp Bar are making a big political mistake with this divisive science-free nonsense. They are playing right into the hands of the hardcore anti-drug thugs.