well I think the statements they make about hydro are a bit sensationalist and if they truly are worried about hydro growing I think they should be more realistic and explain the differences between good hydro growing and bad hydro growing.

Having those statements on their website just detracts from their credibility in the eyes of any stoner who knows how to grow hydro IMO. :thumbsup:

From the HEMP bar website

We are NOT referring to Indoor hydroponic cannabis indica, a genetically modified variant of Cannabis that produces disproportionate amounts of THC in a very short time under very bright electric lights with its roots in chemicals.

As far as i know Cannabis Indica is a traditional Indian plant?

Genetically modified? do you mean superior breeding?

If I grow in organic soil with organic ferts, but grow indoors due to the potential safety risks involved with growing outdoors, and I grow sativa / indica crosses, so I don't need to use as much power flowering for months and months, how is that wrong?

more THC for me = 1 bag of vapour or 1 joint

less THC for me = more bags of vapour or more joints, so that would mean the problem is where?

More from the site

Here's just one of the things the H*E*M*P*Bar staff have to say about Bongs when our ZERO BONG policy is discussed.

"Sharing Bongs can be like sharing needles or having unprotected sex. Many people don't know that there is a very low, but real risk that saliva carries all sorts of nasty virii to the mouthpiece of the bong.

If that is not a complete and utter crap statement, "Sharing Bongs can be like sharing needles or having unprotected sex" sharing bongs is 400% less dangerous than kissing if you are talking about saliva, so imagine how dangerous kissing must be? Must be like sucking Hep C direct from the vein?

what a fucking load...

making sure the air smells right? WTS? :toke:

hydro causes psychosis? weed may cause psychosis in RARE occasions but no type is the worse one for it IMO...i'm one of those potential nutcases and i haven't lost it yet :peace:

not allowed to smoke hydro in the bar? i get what your trying to do but you lose restecpa by making people who wan't to join you conform to your views :peace:

...smoking is bad for you anyway

also i'm not surprised that some use aggresive language...where the fuck do you get off labelling fellow stoners 'THC abusers' ? sorry but i find it to be rather offensive

Bundy over and out (of this world)

:)

Hehehe , Your all crazy!

:toke:

I don't Feel the HEMP Bar peoples have done anything wrong at all ...

That is their stance , They are standing strong ...

The Day we start slagging off Nimbin ... Is a fucked day Imo.

:peace:

Are we not all after the same thing regardless? , i.e. Freedom??

So , If You think (Bush) (:)) , Is crap! and refuse to smoke it or sumthin , or think its worse for your health , or yields less , hass too much clorophyll or any other ignorant view ( lmao ... hehehe) , Then don't support the Nimbin Hemp Bar and one of the greatest places for MJ activism in the country ... Simple Huh?

Ofc. The best Budz I have ever smoked have been Bush ... I'm sorry for anyone who thinks Outdoor MJ is no good , hehehe , I can see you now (As I have 100's of times) "Oh , Is it just Bush , Bush doesn't relly get me stoned , I prefer Hydro , its the only thing that does it for me ..." , Next thing you know you are passed out on the couch after 30mins of red eyed wondering what happened to you ... hehehe ... Seen It.

I don't really understand anyones ignorance tho ...

:)

Actually , I might smoke some of this pathetically sized Hydro weed bag rite now (You see , Its more expensive , cuz its "Better" HAHA!) , I bought a small amount so I could have something different , so as to get to sleep -maybe.

I can taste the Nutes (Chems) , Just Like I can taste whether or not The outdoor has had Choock or cow shit. : )

But , Anyway , I am a reasonable person (mostly) , And I Prefer good outdoor , But I'm still going to smoke a bit of this Hydge now , thru My new Glass Bong , Then I'm going to pat the dog o.k. ...

And Guess What?? :) Anyone who doesn't like it , is a FUKPIG! and can FUCKOFF!!! o.k. : ) hehehe

So be nice to one another you fucken arseholes! Hehehehehe ...

Budman ... Out 4 Now. (THC Abuser - I Wish) ; )

:peace:

(A Very Nice Person If I Do Say So Myself) : )

Sorry Budman, but I feel I need to say.... no one has a problem with the HEMP bar, we have a problem with the "misinformation" being publicised on their web site.

...please remember, misinformation can be more dangerous than no information, speculation and hype without fact will only aid in damaging the cause.

ps: arguing over Hydro vs Bush is like masterbating with a cheese grater

slightly amusing but mostly painful (Ford Fairlane - Rock & Roll detective)

myself and another os member met in Nimbin yesterday. The town seems very tense. They have cameras in the streets, an increased police presence and more than one shop owner we talked to said that the cops now have undercovers working the town on a regular basis.

Certainn things that normally happen in the HEMP Bar on other visits weren't happening yesterday. The staff there seemed a bit jumpy, particularly the guy behind the back counter :peace:

When we were there a girl came in and was warning us that the drug squad are in town and they thought a bust was about to happen. We left pretty quickly after that.

Seems like the cops are increasing the pressure, and the people there are feeling it. :peace:

PS - Also it seems the no dogs policy in the HEMP bar is flexible :toke: but we didn't take up the hydro issue with the hemp bar guys after their hostile responses in this thread, as we weren't there to have an argument.

HIGH (still)

hydoponics itself is not the problem

it is SOME hyrdo GROWERS, those who do it soley to make big bucks

someone who is growing for thier own consumption and perhaps selling thier excess (to pay the power bills etc )

only an idiot would spray nasty stuff on thier pot if they was smokin it themselves

but, when its just for money a lot of people take short cuts like not flushing , after all they want maximum product and are not interested in quality that cant be seen

another example of what i mean is tomatoes

i mean Shane Warne could bowl all day on some of those supermarket tomatoes(commercial) not like the soft juicy ones found in many back yards. and the taste !!!! yumm (noncommercial)

As far as Indica and Sativa goes it depends what sort of stoned you want if you want to be smashed down into your chair for about 20 minutes feeling heavy, and weighed down , sedated, stunned, then smoke indica

if you want to feel light, euforic and high then smoke sativa

myself i liken a good indica to a good port wine drank in the evening in front of an open fireplace

but mostly i smoke sativa because i like to be able to do stuff like, (sorry about the swearing) work

if i smoked indica my customers would probably have to serve themselves .

so when its all boiled down maybe we should have made the distinctoin between COMMERCIAL hydro and HOME GROWN hydro in the mission statement so if i have the time over the next few days i may re read it and perhaps make some minor changes

peace

Dave Cannabis

aka UndaToka

www.nimbinhempbar.com

• Downvote 1

• Admin

:peace: Do you realise Undatoka that outdoors can be manilpulated in the same ways... :peace:

Have you stopped to think that maybe Nimbin is actually helping the anti cannabis groups arguments and is a big cause to most of the recent hydro laws we have seen come in throughout our country Australia, due to the scare tactics and mis-information they have helped spread about the Australian hydroponic growers.

They have generalised just as those against cannabis have. All industry's on the globe have scruplious merchants who cause the rest to suffer becasue they are used as the excuses (if we let them) to bring in new laws. We should be attacking the unscruplious merchants ie: both outdoor & indoor growers not just generalising and saying hydroponics is to blame. The laws are the blame.

In fact it could be argued there is more incentive for the unscruplious outdoor grower to manipulate their crops to maximise their profit. :toke:

Think about it and for the good of the Australian cannabis culture please do have a really good look at the stance you are taking. :toke: :toke:

• Upvote 1

Exactly. That's what I was trying to say also to Undatoka, is that outdoor crops can be and are manipulated in the same ways as indoor crops.

I was reading over the hemp bar site again came across these statements.

"We are NOT referring to Indoor hydroponic cannabis indica, a genetically modified variant of Cannabis that produces disproportionate amounts of THC in a very short time under very bright electric lights with its roots in chemicals."

Cannabis indica is not genitically modified - that is a blatent LIE.

Plants are BRED, just like dogs, cats, birds, horses etc. As well as all the fruit and vegetable plants that are in commericial production on farms. They are all bred to be stable and produce. Not genitically modified.

"Always try to smoke fresh outdoor organic cannabis, fertilizers are dangerous chemicals and indoor lights just ain't natural."

Bright lights which mimic the suns light (hello?... you dont get sick from certain types of light, unless you have a UV light then you get cancer from being under it)

Chemicals... do you mean the same chemicals that are in the soil? And in the makeup of pretty much all plants in the world? The same chemicals that are found in nature and packaged into a bottle.

Did you know THC is not actually NATURAL to our bodies? It MIMICS a natural chemical produced by our bodies and binds to the receptors in the brain that correspond with it.

Why generalise hydro as being bad when it is not?

Why generalise hydro as being bad when outdoor plants have the same products marketed at them and the same products used ON them?

IT DEPENDS ON THE GROWER.

Why spread lies about the plant you are fighting to be legalised?

Anyway apart from that you guys are good, but I think you should get your facts right! :peace: