Some hydro is alright, the main problem, after the taste and smell, is the enormous amount of resources wasted just to grow a weed. Growing any herb in a test tube is unnatural. Wasting valuable resources and creating unsustainable industries that benefit from Cannabis prohibition, is a crime. Closeted minds with closeted plants are displaying their inability to survive without 240 volts and all the consumer products that exploit their ignorance and deny their own beliefs on the preservation of natural medicine and its' purpose in society.
  • Downvote 5

no offence heathen, but you have smoked yourself retarded.

provided the grower flushes the plants before harvesting, hydroponically grown cannabis better represents the actual tastes and smells of strains as there is nothing like soil to impart its own tastes and odours.

I will agree that growing hydroponically is a massive waste of resources, but the growers shouldn't be looked down on by bush growers for wanting to protect their investment and their freedom. Unlike in Nimbin, if we city folk chain ourselves to the copper chopper to prevent them from searching for crops we will get one or all of the following: tazed, pepper sprayed, bashed, arrested, backgrounds looked into, homes searched, assets taken, etc. and even if we won for the day they'd simply send in more choppers and then wait us out. The point I'm trying to make is that its the laws and theives that force us indoors and it would be more than fair to say that if they weren't an issue 99.9999% of all growers would be doing it in their backyards instead of in national parks and that would keep the hardcore hippies as happy as pigs in shit.

oh and good on you for carrying on about how we can't live without 240 volts and all our consumer products via an online forum :rolleyes:

• Upvote 5

I respect the efforts of any grower who provides their own supply with a minimum of effort and resources. The industry created around the desire to grow weed is exploiting the prohibition laws and will go out of business when Cannabis is legal. Their efforts to change the status quo rather than sell expensive seeds and all what's needed to grow them, is as bad as the pharmaceutical companies, tobacco and alcohol industries that feed the tax system. Your basic human rights will continue to erode and the money and skills that are wasted in the cupboard could provide you with a more sustainable lifestyle with better chance of physical and mental health. Good luck to you. And yes 240 volts is not necessary for an internet connection.

no offence heathen, but you have smoked yourself retarded.

provided the grower flushes the plants before harvesting, hydroponically grown cannabis better represents the actual tastes and smells of strains as there is nothing like soil to impart its own tastes and odours.

I will agree that growing hydroponically is a massive waste of resources, but the growers shouldn't be looked down on by bush growers for wanting to protect their investment and their freedom. Unlike in Nimbin, if we city folk chain ourselves to the copper chopper to prevent them from searching for crops we will get one or all of the following: tazed, pepper sprayed, bashed, arrested, backgrounds looked into, homes searched, assets taken, etc. and even if we won for the day they'd simply send in more choppers and then wait us out. The point I'm trying to make is that its the laws and theives that force us indoors and it would be more than fair to say that if they weren't an issue 99.9999% of all growers would be doing it in their backyards instead of in national parks and that would keep the hardcore hippies as happy as pigs in shit.

oh and good on you for carrying on about how we can't live without 240 volts and all our consumer products via an online forum :rolleyes:

• Downvote 3

The opinion on the HEMP Bar web site is not necessarily reflecting the collective opinion of the Hemp Embassy or the MardiGrass Organising Body or that of Nimbin in general. The Hydro versus Bush debate will continue to divide Cannabis consumers and hinder the process of Cannabis law reform, which is the desired by all consumers of the herb. Cannabis should come out of the closet and the resources required to grow anything are subject to availability. Industries created to exploit your desire for weed are as insidious as the law itself.

I never really paid much attention to the HEMP Bar website before, but here is something I just noticed from http://www.nimbinhem...om/mission.html

:peace: Its no secret a lot of Nimbinites prefer bush but I didn't know opinions were this extreme. and we wonder where some of the bullshit news stories come from...

I mean I appreciate the work those guys do its cool to have a place you can smoke in public and meet stoners but I think the fact that the HEMP Bar is spreading this crap is totally fucked. If these guys are the pointy end of mj activism in Australia we are in trouble. Obviously... :peace:

• Downvote 2

lol meh so what they were probably really high when they wrote their mission statement, i know i rant on about random stuff when im really high lol

but hydro / bush each to their own id prefer hydro but in saying that ive never really smoked bush all that much

does anyone make any trips to nimbin? i would seriously love to go maybe a oz stoners trip to nimbin lol

Hi Undatoker,

You are obviously a pot lover and you choose to smoke bush, and that's cool.

Voltaire said "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it'

Im sorry tho' this statement 'it seems that some oz stoners are selectivly dyslexic' is really uncool, and if you had read any of the old members threads you would realise you are being very condescending to some of the most incredibly intelligent and REAL people it's ever been a pleasure to get to know for me anyway and I've been around for a while and Nimbin today is NOTHING like it was 30 years ago when I was there..

:peace: and may the :sun: always shine for your outdoor grows..

BTW I live inner-city and always smoke pipes or joints out doors walking down the street. I hide nothing and have never had a problem.. Only smokers know what the smell is lol

• Upvote 1

IMO this entire thread can be summed up with this statement made by BigBong from the hemp bar.

BTW, we knew about the new hydro legislation before it was introduced in NSW and our "hydro disclaimer" was put in place 'before the legislation was' because we wanted to let them know in no uncertain terms that "Hydro" is not what we hempbar hippys are about.

When you claim to be fighting for law reform for ALL in the Australian cannabis community, The Hemp Bar supports the governments anti hydro laws "in no uncertain terms" :faint:

Those laws have had a heavy impact on the lives of many in the Australian cannabis comunity, especially those who have been charged under them in NSW (including many in Nimbin) and the other states that have followed them by introducing specific anti-hydro laws. You were one of the few groups in Oz in a position to fight the government at that time (you claim to be fighting anti cannabis laws?) and you support them instead? It's no wonder people are so rightly pissed off.

If you are only interested in fighting for "Nimbin hippys who only grow outdoor sativa cannabis plants" when it comes to activisim thats fine but please dont help to continue the goverments anti hydro reefer madness on your site. :scratchin:

The reality is, The Hemp Bar, The Hemp Embassy and The Hemp Party are all influenced and controlled by the same few people who were happy to see the majority of the Australian cannabis community screwed over by the anti hydro laws when it didn't affect them personally.

I am going to be very cautious of any support I give them if this is their idea of activism.

I would rather help support The Medical Cannabis Board (Australia) or businesses like mullaway medical cannabis p/l or ellomo medical cannabis p/l with their fight for legal medical cannabis and dispensaries in Australia or the average Australians caught up in all this crap, the individuals who have been charged and are in court fighting the anti hydro laws and cannabis laws in general (including in Nimbin). They are the peole who will bring the changes everyone wants to see and further educate others about how they can also fight for their legal right to cultivate and use medical cannabis.

Peace MM