they had to waite a coupple a hrs between samples

and everyone loved all of them

the best

:-)

i concluded

once u reach a certain standard

it is all personal choice from there

irey guidance

Radic my friend I always love your posts even though some of them take deciphering and others I don't necessarily agree with.

Read G.Low closely and you'll find you and he are on similar pages. He talks coco coir (organic) and promotes microbrial activity in the rhizosphere over sterilising (helps in nutrient uptake promotes healthy root systems) and talks sound growing practices over snake oils and probable poisons. He talks flushing and ethical growing practices but given its about hydro talks nutrients and the use of safe additives. I think this guy is well ahead of the times and promotes healthy produce and a marriage of organic/hydro just like you. All I know is my yields went up about 40% when I switched to coco and followed what he told me to the letter. I stopped listening to the hype I was being fed through hydro stores the moment I picked up this book and I've never looked back. The guys a legend in my books and so are you mate so don't get me wrong when I counter some of your stuff. I've looked at the aquaponics and got to say my view is that such methods probably aren't viable for feeding the billions on the planet. Same thing with eco friendly power - it sounds wonderful but will it run the factories and countries and supply billions of people with power?

Some interesting stuff going on in China. They're moving more and more to hydro because of contamination used by their agricultural practices. It's the way of the future whether the Nimbin folk like it or not.

yo bro

same

i man love to reason tings out too

yah kno seek de truth

seen

i mean no disrespect

irey

hafe love some a yah posts

yes i

nuff raspect fe de man mullray

seen

wooow

hear me now

the second eddition wasnt out when i did my experiments

so it was the first eddition i was working with at collage

after that i went on a quest to find out how the soil provided nutes to the plant via 3rd party microbes

and wanted to incorperate organic laws into the hydro system

coco peat and microbal sups i didnt use till the mid 90ts

aquaponic is another link in dat chain

it provides strictly onganic grow nutes for ya hydro tank

pluss fish

so there is no run to waste any more

hydroponics and aquaponics feed eachother in sinigy

it a beautifull ting

IMO

mono culture or chemical farming is too radical for our planet to sustain

and dem a call me the Radic-Al

hahahaha

nature doesnt deal with chemicals ina pure and contrated form

there is always several ballancing agents associated working is sink

such as the link betweem microbal activity and availbale P

chemicals like super p and nitram etc kill off all microbs and then leach into the water table and rivers causing massive problems all the way to and including the oceans and leaving our soils depletted and addicted to chemicals

dont fall for that old---> we are feeding the world now

bs

40,000 ppl die of hunger every min as we speek

stats like these have remained uncahnged for the past 20yrs

the farming community is well aware

chemical moncualtural farmming practices are unsustainable

and we are running out of arrigable land at an unprecidented rate

IMHO

organic and biodynamic managment pratcices must rule if we ever hope to acchieve sustainable reduction in world hunger

thats the way natrue planded it

seen

if we fight against nature we will lose everytime

permaculture got it right

work with nature

i man

use todays teck to follow natural laws and to achieve we goles

so now you know why i hafe goalong sooooooooo

forward ever

guidance

Millions are starving because of human greed. The US alone dumps enough surplus food on rubbish tips to feed all the starving people 5 times over. Why not provide free food - well that one is easy. No money in feeding the starving. Plenty of cash in selling them guns and offloading the wests poisons cheaply to them though. I was on a little Pacific Atoll about 10 years ago and I noticed 44 Gallon drums of DDT everywhere. I did some asking around and was staggered to find out that they were still spraying what the west had banned. There were some other drums unmarked too. Pesticides and herbicides but no idea what was in them and the locals couldn't tell me. I found out though that the chem manufacturers were offloading 44's of DDT and other products all across the Pacific to people who didn't know better and for subsidised prices.

This was a Atoll in the middle of the Pacific and no doubt these chems were finding their way straight into the sea. So, I started looking for birdlife (DDT kills off the birdlife) and sure enough noticed that there was NO birdlife other than Seagulls (birds that fly in across the sea). Some of the older people on the Atoll were surprised when I told them this because as they told me there used to be lots of birds on the island (they hadn't noticed there wasn't any more!). Once I had pointed out there didn't seem to be any they took note and were shocked and a couple of them later came to me and asked what they should do to bring back the birds (only the birds can never come back).

A few of them seem to die from mystery illnesses but as they haven't got any real doctors and no autopsies (people are buried within 24 hrs of dying because they have no way of storing bodies) they call these illnesses old age (even when the person isn't that old). A lady there died of some unexplained neurological disorder while I was there - no idea what because it was old age (she was 65).

I eventually had to leave the Atoll early because I cut my foot and got Coral poisoning. I couldn't get antibiotics or drugs to deal with the infection and had to fly to NZ to get basic medical care. Great isn't it when the West will provide poor people with their cast offs (dump their poisons on them) but won't even provide them with basic medical equipment and drugs. No money in giving these people drugs but we can afford to give them our DDT cheap or free.

So, I've been looking at Aquaponics but it looks pretty chaotic (albeit symbiotic and philosophically nice) - what is good for fish isn't particularly that special for plants (NPK + micro is all over the place) + it looks like a big mission and you would really have to understand what you were doing + there is some not so good things for plants going on if you don't know what you're doing. Looks very hard to maintain also. Run to waste is great. My leftovers go on the garden but if you were doing it commercially you could easily recycle the waste and use the water again. I believe commercial hydro producers use a lot of grey water technology and it is extremely environmentally friendly. So faster turnaround times and far better for the planet than soil growing: Can be done anywhere at any time of year: Bigger yields: Healthy produce ---- Makes complete sense to me.

The world needs very viable and commercial answers - in order to sell farmers you need to give them an incentive like more money because you will produce more. The average human just doesn't care if they poison the planet along the way, just so long as they make money doing it. Hydro is great Radic because it saves the planet while catering for their greed.... Gods gift to gardening my friend!!!

seen

i totally agree

imo

farming must go dis way

i c mr g low has moved forward by incorparating organic microbal system into hydro

this is the best way that i can see hydro moving forward

by incorperating organics

seen

organic hydro rulez

yo

feeding the world

is a broard hectare wheat farmming

hydro hasnt had a start at that yet

but we are running out of top soil so fast

it may soon be neccessary

guidance

seen

i totally agree

imo

farming must go dis way

i c mr g low has moved forward by incorparating organic microbal system into hydro

this is the best way that i can see hydro moving forward

by incorperating organics

seen

organic hydro rulez

yo

feeding the world

is a broard hectare wheat farmming

hydro hasnt had a start at that yet

but we are running out of top soil so fast

it may soon be neccessary

guidance

Yes Radic, he definitely has a bit of Nimbin in him. He seems like a good person by the way he reads. Talks with you and not to you.... It sort of feels like you're having a conversation with a friend about growing - you know the banter. But, more importantly I went from Clay balls in a flood and drain system and I was using every bloody additive under the sun and my mullies still weren't doing much that impressed me. Every time I was disappointed by my result the guy at the hydro store then tried to sell me some other products. None of them made any difference. Suddenly I get give Edition 1 by a friend who was sick of me asking him questions and seeing me kill my plants. That helped no end - here's this hydro guy telling me to stop buying every additive known to man kind and to make things simple and get my environment right. Then I get Edition 2 and switch to coco and start using microbials and just a bit of P&K and silica with my nutes . It was amazing - probably not brilliant by some peoples standards but my yields rocketed and I haven't killed a single plant since. Shows that you can grow really healthy stuff and get to smoke it too :bangin: Now I've learnt a bit more I play a bit with a few different ideas. Still not killing my girls so I'm happy.

I hope that one day all produce is produced using environmentally friendly methods - to me that is the important thing. Whether that is aquaculture, hydroculture, permaculture it can only be positive. One things for sure we've got to stop poisoning our planet.

Yep, the wheat farming would definitely pose a problem to hydro I think. Maybe that's where organics comes in.

• Admin
IMPORTANT NOTE: When we refer to cannabis and marijuana in any of our many webspaces, we are ONLY talking about organic outdoor cannabis. The Nimbin H*E*M*P*Bar, by 'constitutional mandate', champions ONLY outdoor cannabis, we ONLY endorse real hippy pot, totally natural, organic - CANNABIS grown with its roots in the soil and its leaves in the sun. Bush Buds.

No doubt still spreading their misinformation about hydro and supporting the anti hydro laws unfortunately... :doh: