Nutrient Problems with Pictures...

Seems like one of mine has a ph issue with the crinkle leaves. Problem is,the ph is fine, and its also fed and watered at the same time as the rest who are going gang busters.

Hey ferret is yours inside or out? Could be a heat issue? I also find that having a fan left it the one position on the plant can cause wind burn which will dry out the leaves

Edited by nici

It's been a week since i transplanted to larger pots and my problem still exists :(

If someone could take a look at the pic i put up on the last page and make a suggestion, that would be very much appreciated.

Is it magnesium or manganese? Or neither?

Heya Caff .

Mate can you tell us exactly what general nutrients you are using ?

And you say potting soil ...which brand of potting soil are you using and doe's it contain any slow release fertiliser and does it contain a lot of bark ?

Finally do you know what your ph levels are at and what do you use to check your ph ?

It can be frustrating but i'll help ya out as best i can if you can give us a bit more insight !

It's been a week since i transplanted to larger pots and my problem still exists :(

If someone could take a look at the pic i put up on the last page and make a suggestion, that would be very much appreciated.

Is it magnesium or manganese? Or neither?

Yes, it looks like trace element deficiency. Rather than worry over which trace element you need, how about you give them a dose of mixed soluble trace elements? Even if it doesn't fix the problem, it wont hurt... especially as you haven't given the plants a great deal of fertiliser.

The other thing to check is your pH, but considering you have already added some lime there probably isn't anything you need to do there (lime will buffer the pH, but it will take longer than a week).

Whatever the cause, the damaged leaves will not repair. You need to look to the healthy leaves to see if the condition is spreading.

Hey guys and thanks for the help :)

This one was potted using a $12 bag of "re-potting" soil and from my previous experience with cheap(read bunnings special) mixes, this one does not appear to have a lot of bark. Not sure of the brand of potting mix but it did mention have 3 months worth of food in it.

This plant is actually 12 weeks old now as i got it out early. A clone of it's self does not show the same symptoms and neither do any others though they are not as old as this one.

The problem started with older growth and has moved to pretty much all but new nodes and is getting worse by the day. I can take a pic of the entire plany if it might help better?

The lime was spread across the surface and watered in over a couple of days. That was the day after i moved it into a larger pot. It could still turn around if it takes a week to take effect.

As for PH... i have not checked it recently. I have access to a decent digital PH meter. Do i just water as normal and test any run off?

Normally i grow local bag seed from Nimbin in cheap ass potting mix and have no problems. This time though i am using some beans from yonder and some of them seem a bit finicky?

Anyways... thanks :)

EDIT: The "general" nutrients i have been giving them is "Bunnings Aussie gardens all purpose Garden Food". Let me know if you want its contents.

Edited by Caffeine

Hiya caff ,

Cheers for the info mate .

The problem with using soil containing slow release ferts in it ...is that each time you water ya plants you also feed the plants !

If you are also feeding the soil with a general nutrient as well this can cause over feeding and cause nute burn and also cause some nutrients to be in abundance while other macro/micro nutrients will/can become locked up !

The slow release ferts added into these soils are "chemical" based or "inorganic" !

My advice is to use soil that has NO slow release ferts in it because it doe's cause major problems similiar to what you have now !

Although you have added dolimite lime to the top of the soil it is considered to be a dressing and it will deplete over a couple of months !

This will render the lime as useless and it will no longer act as a buffer unless you continue to add 1 TBLSP to each litre of water /feed when applied !

So whats the take on the situation ?

Mate the slow release ferts in the soil may or may not have depleted from ya soil ..some elements will be used up and others will not be !

My advice to you would be to add 1 tablespoon of dol lime per litre along with 1-2 teaspoons of epsom salts (dissolved) with hot water !

I dissolve my ep salts in half a cup of hot water and add it to the cold water/nute solution !

The reason for adding ep salts is due to no nutrients available on the market containing enuf to satisfy a canna plant !

Personally i use Charlie Carp because it has more magnesuim than other products !

The symptoms that your plant is showing could well be a calcuim deficiency phosphorus or even pottasuim !

I do not think it is a magnesuim deficiency because ....The symptoms (pics) just dont look familiar to a mag problem !

I had a grow a few years ago with similar symptoms and it was an organic grow and everything i tried was not helping !

For me Miracle grow general purpose all round plant food saved my ass .

That shit is strong powerful chemical nutrient and will burn your plants if not applied correctly .

But when applied at half the recommended amount you will find that your grow will improve 10 fold !

Half strength brother !

You can invest in an organic liquid nutrient with trace elements if you wish but it will take longer to get results !

Charlie Carp , Powerfeed , Uplift , Gogo juice . are ideas of organic nutes that will help but MG is faster !

Your plant looks like it is hungry and the ferts have depleted !

Next time use 100 % organic soil and add dol lime epsom salts dynamic lifter to this "feed the soil first" !

Trust me bro ya problems will be dissolved if you feed the soil prior to putting a plant in the soil !

Call into my greenhouse grow and you will def find some useful tips on soil and what/how to feed in the future !

All the best mate !

Just be sure that ya nute solution is ph 6.5 and feed em !

I could'nt find any info about the nutrient solution you have mentioned !

Edited by potrocket
  • Downvote 1

Potrocket, really? I'd like to say that I haven't read a bigger stream of misleading and inaccurate bullshit before, but alas, this being the internet.... I have :(

As I sit here at the keyboard, I wonder whether it is worth correcting the inaccuracies and debunking the bullshit that makes up post #47. Rapidly, I am coming to the conclusion that it is not worth my time and further, considering the usual content of your posts, I would be better served by placing you on the Ignore List and never seeing your posts again.

Yet still I struggle. Although this course of action is what I think serves me best, I feel a twinge of sadness at leaving Caffeine to wade through the mire of your reguritation alone.

Sorry Caff. I think you will get more useful responses if you start your own thread in the Nutrient Problems forum.

Include all the info you have posted in this thread along with information on how long the plant was in the previous pot and what sort of state the root ball was in at repotting. Also include clear pictures of the whole plant in natural light (not under HPS), close ups of older damaged areas, newly damaged areas and the growing tips.

best of luck, lou.

• Upvote 3

Sorry Caff mate .

Its seems that i am wrong !

Although i did wait for 2 days for someone to offer you any kind of assistance !

Yet i find it strange that when assistance is offered "round here"

There's always certain lifetime members of various forums that seem to know a shit load more but dont offer assistance until

an offering is made by others !

All the best but my help stops here !

Edited by potrocket

Thanks potrocket,

I appreciate the time taken for the advise you have given me, right or wrong. :)

I thought this was a general place to get nutrients advice and refrained from creating a new thread for my problem to prevent clogging up the forum with repeat threads but i might take the advice of Louise and start a new thread, no offense mate.

Got a LOT of rain last night so i will take a few more pics today some time and slap them in a new thread. The thought crossed my mind about being too much ferts and that the problem exists because of that. We shall see what others have to say.

I think the plant is only a couple of weeks away from death if i can't get it sorted out so i will do it today to get the ball rolling.

Thanks guys!

• Oz unpinned this topic