Converting to led

I have the sf4000, i am currently using it in a 1.2 x 1.2 tent. If you are keen on actually filling that space up from end to end I don't think the spider farmer has the coverage personally even though the company claims so. 

I have been pretty impressed with everything besides the cooling plate on the spiderfarmer, not adequate enough need a fan to help cool the heatsink down. 

Personally if I was trying to max out that space with LED, I would look at a 600w like the new lumatek one with diodes spread out evenly not a cheap unit, but will pump in that space if used properly. otherwise getting a few smaller quantum boards with less wattage and spreading them out over the area is the go. 

I have the sf4000, i am currently using it in a 1.2 x 1.2 tent. If you are keen on actually filling that space up from end to end I don't think the spider farmer has the coverage personally even though the company claims so.

I have been pretty impressed with everything besides the cooling plate on the spiderfarmer, not adequate enough need a fan to help cool the heatsink down.

Personally if I was trying to max out that space with LED, I would look at a 600w like the new lumatek one with diodes spread out evenly not a cheap unit, but will pump in that space if used properly. otherwise getting a few smaller quantum boards with less wattage and spreading them out over the area is the go.

Well I won't be going with spider farmer then, the led light scene isn't cheap hey. Oh well keep on looking and research.

Yeah cheers for the replies, I might just stick with my hps lights for now.

Well I won't be going with spider farmer then, the led light scene isn't cheap hey. Oh well keep on looking and research.

Yeah cheers for the replies, I might just stick with my hps lights for now.

I suppose it depends on how ya look at it mate.

HPS the initial purchase is cheaper but everything after is more expensive than LED.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Ide be looking at this. Spider farmer and mars are the low end of led lights.

If ya want good results with led ide be looking at brands like HLG, Fluence, green sunshine company or California light works.

All available at quick loom as mentioned above.

I'd put spider farmer and HLG in the same category, i don't think HLG are close to what fluence and others are doing imo. 

With leds you have to take into account the extra heating cost associated as well, as if you live in an area that gets cool you will need to supplement heat you would usually get from HID lighting. 

I'd put spider farmer and HLG in the same category, i don't think HLG are close to what fluence and others are doing imo.

With leds you have to take into account the extra heating cost associated as well, as if you live in an area that gets cool you will need to supplement heat you would usually get from HID lighting.

Seeing as though HLG invented the quantum board which all the others use either in a strip or a board configuration ide put em at the forefront of led lighting design and technology.

Heating a space over 5 months is far cheaper and easier for me than trying to cool the same space for the other 7 months.

Heaters are far cheaper to buy and run than air conditioning is.

• Upvote 1

I’ve also got 2 mates that run HPS and where we live they also use heaters in winter as the heat their 600s put out is insufficient throughout winter.