PH drift

if it is root rot it doesn't seem to have taken hold yet.

apart from a few rust looking spots here and there and some leaves slightly yellowing the plants seem to be in pretty good health.

The yellowing is more noticeable on the Girl Scout cookie in the second photo.

I will give them a soaking hand water with plant tonic, root stimulant and beneficial bacteria cause that's all I have on hand at the moment post-66460-158797786605_thumb.jpegpost-66460-158797787962_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

thanks MLG, Frank and Micmac

The advice was helpful.

Hopefully I've caught it early enough and I can treat the medium with beneficial bacteria. My coco is 30 percent perlite so I should have a reasonable amount of oxygen in there. If I hand water with the bacteria and nutes at about 1.5 EC and a pH of 5.8 I should be able to correct it. Watering once a day and letting it dry will help too.

I think my main mistakes were letting the res temp get to high and watering too often. Need to get a water chiller and hold res temp at 20. That should prevent it from reoccuring. In the mean time I'll hand water and flush all my pipes and pumps in the res tank with a peroxide solution to wipe out the slime.

I find Citric Acid will drift back up like that. Pump it down and back up it goes again.

Phosphoric Acid is the go..My res will drift from 5.8 to 6.2 after 24 hours when mixing up new nutes, but after I adjust it on the second day with Phosphoric Acid it stays that way for a week or more.

Temperature doesn't mean much. My res will sit on 24 no problem with Algae or PH swings. Airation is better at lower temps say 18 to 21.

Edited by buzzo

Thanks Buzzo

So if I move my res out of the grow tent into a 20-24 degree room I should be fine in the future hey

Water chillers are overpriced it seems.

I've got the phosphoric and will check daily after I kill the crap in my res and set it back up. I've heard that fulvic acid is also a pretty good option.

I find Citric Acid will drift back up like that. Pump it down and back up it goes again.

Phosphoric Acid is the go..My res will drift from 5.8 to 6.2 after 24 hours when mixing up new nutes, but after I adjust it on the second day with Phosphoric Acid it stays that way for a week or more.

Temperature doesn't mean much. My res will sit on 24 no problem with Algae or PH swings. Airation is better at lower temps say 18 to 21.

First step will be to get on top of the brown slime problem. deff looks like algae to me.

then I'll try running at cooler temps and see if I can keep the temps down.

problem does seem to have gotten worse since I started running the res air pump 24 hours

If the brown slime is algae it might increase the pH.

More likely that your source water is high in dissolved co2. Aerating it strips it out and lifts ph.

So I got rid of the algae and started feeding with the res again. Res is outside the tent and water temps are around 20 degrees. Still having some rising PH issues which I'm keeping a constant watch on. Suspect it might have something to do with my choice of nutes.

A lot of lessons here for my first grow. The rising PH caused the nutrient uptake problems. Then because the plant was under stress my taller sativa dominant plant copped some pretty bad light burn. And then I got rust spores on a few leaves which I'm picking off as they come up. All of this stunted flower and the growth pretty much stopped for a week or 2. They are back on track now and are getting noticeably fatter.

Plants become a lot more sensitive to stuff when they hit flower. And somebody like me with 0 experience wouldn't understand how sensitive they are until you actually grow a plant to harvest.

Even after everything that went wrong I still managed to grow some pretty decent looking nugs. I have a loupe arriving soon but I would guess I should start flushing at the end of next week.

post-66460-158909111039_thumb.jpegpost-66460-158909112436_thumb.jpegpost-66460-158909116031_thumb.jpegpost-66460-158909117896_thumb.jpegpost-66460-158909119914_thumb.jpegpost-66460-158909126896_thumb.jpegpost-66460-158909127741_thumb.jpeg