Coronavirus.

thanks sugar , appreciate it

hope your doing well 

Yes I'm travelling along quite well considering thanks Itchy :)

Been a challenging year and has taken me to the brink of desolation at times particularly when my old cat Lucy got chased by a dog and she went missing for 3 weeks.

It was freezing cold here, she no food, no meds for various ailments, I didn't know if she got caught by the dog or injured or trapped or what :(...it was a miracle when she staggered home 3 weeks later, skin and bones and our reunion was wonderful. She is now nearly back to her old self.

Oh and my grow got stolen 2 weeks from harvest but always a silver lining if I look deep enough lol because I had already dried a couple of Bianca's seeded branches so got the seeds I wanted from her just no bud. Currently have some of the crosses of Bianca x Wonkey self sown and popped up still alive in winter and some have just broken soil! Crazy eh it's middle of winter in freezing old Canberra and volunteer plants  popping up now!

I interrupted the thieves 3 am and they got most of Wonkey cut down but I was still left with a few seeded branches left so again got what I wanted which was the Wonkey seeds and I got some bud I'm choofing down atm so, meh, all good and I'll work out security soon for next grow.

Health wise I'm up and down particularly with emphysema and smoking like a bloody chimney again :( I'll work on stopping again and have just ordered some ecig batteries to help me break the bloody habit grrrr.

Lots of other stuff been happening but handling shit like a pro now mate lol

Spring's nearly here so all good :)

sorry to hear of your troubles sugar , glad Lucy made it home 

i've always had pets from a young fella & had my share of disappearances & reappearances

reappearances can sometimes be emotional & often sad , that's life i guess , it moves on with or without us   

made friends with a wild cat some years ago , took weeks & weeks to be friends enough to have a pat 

she's now the boss of my joint 

never good being ripped off , in general you'll need to work something out cos once 

you've been targeted you'll be targeted every year imho , hopefully not but seems to 

be a common story for people who have been ripped that i've spoken with 

as a general rule of thumb , the best strongest healthiest plants are the volunteers

of cause like any plant volunteer or not , us humans can still mess them up pretty good  

had a listen to a guy talking bout seeds & how they are produced complete with microorganisms

to increase germination , without them germination rates decline & maybe why volunteer plants do so well

​cos the microorganisms are maintained & flourish in the soil  

so for those that sterilize seeds = not the best thing to be doing , also not sure what that 

means for breeders who produce seeds in a sterile hydro environment 

also possibly the best way to store your seeds might be the same way you store your bud 

in a jar in a cool environment with the seeds still in place in the bud , assuming you've dried

that bud enough to be jarred & no desiccant used , there would be enough moisture to maintain

those organisms keeping germination rates higher ,        Possibly !

sorry to hear of your troubles sugar , glad Lucy made it home 

i've always had pets from a young fella & had my share of disappearances & reappearances

reappearances can sometimes be emotional & often sad , that's life i guess , it moves on with or without us   

made friends with a wild cat some years ago , took weeks & weeks to be friends enough to have a pat 

she's now the boss of my joint 

never good being ripped off , in general you'll need to work something out cos once 

you've been targeted you'll be targeted every year imho , hopefully not but seems to 

be a common story for people who have been ripped that i've spoken with 

as a general rule of thumb , the best strongest healthiest plants are the volunteers

of cause like any plant volunteer or not , us humans can still mess them up pretty good  

had a listen to a guy talking bout seeds & how they are produced complete with microorganisms

to increase germination , without them germination rates decline & maybe why volunteer plants do so well

​cos the microorganisms are maintained & flourish in the soil  

so for those that sterilize seeds = not the best thing to be doing , also not sure what that 

means for breeders who produce seeds in a sterile hydro environment 

also possibly the best way to store your seeds might be the same way you store your bud 

in a jar in a cool environment with the seeds still in place in the bud , assuming you've dried

that bud enough to be jarred & no desiccant used , there would be enough moisture to maintain

those organisms keeping germination rates higher ,        Possibly !

You know what I did with the seeds this year was just what you suggested. I kept them in the buds and cured it in my jars. But because I have no bud I've just been stripping the buds/seeds as I need and putting the seeds into a ziplock and in the jar. 

Nice you have a lovely wild cat running the place and Yes I agree I'm likely targetted to get ripped off now. Will see how my upcoming new security measures work out.

Thanks Itchy and cheers :)

be nice if the world was perfect for us all the time so we can experiment with these ideas freely  

but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do 

just an idea , ever thought of utilizing Light Deprivation , the art of covering or in this case moving plants 

indoors to the dark from outdoors to induce flowering , putting plants away indoors at night would also help

protect from rippers , i've done this many times however it is a ball & chain 

in every night & out every morning , as long as the room you put the plants in is light tight you can 

somewhat arrange in & out times around your life style , still doesn't change the fact it's a ball & chain

for the complete flower period 

nice talkin 2 ya Sugar , hope your security measures work to fuck these rippers off 

• Upvote 1

Yeah ball and chain for me for sure. I couldn't lugg the plants indoors and out - not strong enough and the buds need tieing up Plus, my small flat couldn't cope! lol

Nice catching up with you again Itchy and Thanks! We'll see how we go....they might have been disappointed with their last effort seeing the grow was fully seeded!!!! hahahaha :D

Thought I was pretty safe here in the bush but the nearest town has had 27 cases and getting bigger :(

Mayor is asking for a full lockdown to help contain but it’s to late, every one is wearing masks and panic buying has started again.

Stay safe all  :bongon:

I hope you stay safe yourself,

Ive worn a mask at work for years and they are something you get used to and well worth the effort. Panic buying is sad to see though. bunker down and I wish you well.

Mick