First try at a no dig soil mix

cement mixer would be very handy pug , i dream too , one day i'll get one 

i asked a retailer if his soy bean meal was organic & was told no

& took forever to find some malted barley grown organically 

you def want organic amendments for ya soil mix , you never know how 

long these nasty's will hang round for 

don't forget cannabis is a bit of a dynamic accumulator 

i'm with you itchy :)

i'm finding these days that i use less ingredients, but make sure i'm happy about where they come from and how they are grown/sourced - love my organic and biodynamic goodies. still ... can be hard to get certain things - always found organic rice hulls a tough one for me.:)

once the soil has been cycled a few times, it seems to take care of itself with some nice top dressing - have access to some lovely local organic dandelion, comfrey, nettles, lavender, rosemary and heaps of coriander and parsley stalks - basically whatever is around at the time.

also doing some serious main-lining this go round (a bit unusual for me) but due to time restraints (need to extent the veg time) and growing technique (trying my second grow with retail bayonet LEDs ... hehehe ... as the weather has been too hot for my cmh) have had a fair few leaves that have been pruned. i enjoy cutting them up and putting them straight back on the soil ... so easy.:)

haven't caught up with any of the organic forums for a while ... still really missing the LOS forum and haven't found a comfortable replacement - gimik helped me a while ago though about max biochar ratios on grasscity ... they have some good people there too ... not sure if cc and bluejay are still on it though. i suppose most of them are legel now, so are busy doing legal things.:)

ps ... sorry ozraptor for bogarting the topic a bit. :)

yeah pug grasscity have a no till thread with cc , aka AgnesDawgz on the " no till revisited " thread , here https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/no-till-gardening-revisited.1400505/

i've played round with biodynamics but never really did it full on

might have changed since i last spoke with them about BD

but southern star seeds practice some if not all BD principles  

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 1

very interesting about southern star seeds itchy - gives me a totally different opinion ... nice. i'm the same ... never practiced BD techniques, but really like their products - rock minerals, dairy and cereals mainly. steiner is an interesting person too ... interesting ideas, especially in teaching. thx for the heads up. :)

RC ... i think there are a couple of Biodynamic growers here, but sorry ... can't remember who. seem to remember someone mentioning starting seedlings in a soil preparation.

• Upvote 2

Yep , Bio Dynamics is quite interesting.

Old Rudolf was an interesting dude.................... the school I was involved with that I mentioned somewhere previously was a Steiner school.

I spent several years reading his perspective, it actually took years to sort of understand what the dude was saying.

• Upvote 2

On the coffee grounds I'll probably use them in this mix as I have bought 2 kg (they weren't expensive). I'm going to buy a small bale of hay tomorrow for mulching, I'll add that in to the mix instead nex time.

I came across this on the book of faces. I'd just get rid of the coffee groumds and cut your losses.

post-62741-155215870361_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

interesting pic sticky 

i'm more of a fan of probiotic growing which is a little like KNF but not quite the same 

if you read some of CC's posts you'll find a man who really not into probiotics 

i think you'll even find DNG is not a fan either 

but it's really all about a living soil however you achieve that , & i think both CC & DNG

would agree with that 

interesting pic sticky

i'm more of a fan of probiotic growing which is a little like KNF but not quite the same

if you read some of CC's posts you'll find a man who really not into probiotics

i think you'll even find DNG is not a fan either

but it's really all about a living soil however you achieve that , & i think both CC & DNG

would agree with that

I'm way newb when it comes to the organic organic side of things. I'm 100% indoors until i get some property of my own. My yard is big enough for it, but my fences are only 5 foot tall, easy for the troubled youth of the area to jump if they're curious. Hopefully buy some acreage by mid next year though and get out in the sun. I know organics can be achieved indoors but it seems a bit messy. At the moment all i really add is mycos and benes.

I'm way newb when it comes to the organic organic side of things. I'm 100% indoors until i get some property of my own. My yard is big enough for it, but my fences are only 5 foot tall, easy for the troubled youth of the area to jump if they're curious. Hopefully buy some acreage by mid next year though and get out in the sun. I know organics can be achieved indoors but it seems a bit messy. At the moment all i really add is mycos and benes.

i only grow in soil in or outdoors 

no reason why you can't do what billygoat is doing with water only but indoors 

the only thing i think i would add indoors is beneficial bugs early on & a few times through the grow

but it sounds like you'll have space & time to play in the future sticky