First try at a no dig soil mix

Damaged leaves, as itchy days can make it hard to see if there’s new ones or your seeing the same old ones each day.

My solution is cut with scissors the ends of the damaged leaves so most of the leaves remain but you can tell they are the ones already noticed. If that makes sense..

maybe just me, but I’ve noticed over the years, leaving leaves on as much as possible makes better end results. This seems to be a happy medium.

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

Well I did a search today and found dozens of the snails in the affected pot, mainly climbing the outside of the pot.

I also found them climbing the other pots, taking advantage of the wet weather today.

I think I'll spread some diatomaceous earth around the plants when the rain stops and put out some beer traps as well.

Update time. The weather has been better over the last two weeks so there has been some reasonable growth.

The ayahuasca purple is filling out, the buds are nice and tight but I found my first bit of mould on her. She's been flowering for 53 days so far, I estimate another 3 weeks (mould permitting)

post-64867-0-16614200-1584433848_thumb.jpg

post-64867-0-21297400-1584433883_thumb.jpg

The caramel kush is about a week behind, I had a touch of mould on this one as well. Still 4 or 5 weeks away I estimate.

post-64867-0-17897200-1584434040_thumb.jpg

post-64867-0-98159800-1584434080_thumb.jpg

The liberty haze is smelling wonderful, a sweet lime aroma.

post-64867-0-68176600-1584434160_thumb.jpg

post-64867-0-20374300-1584434206_thumb.jpg

Pink kush is very slow, just starting to fill in, 6 weeks to get this one done.

post-64867-0-48285300-1584434282_thumb.jpg

post-64867-0-26719400-1584434250_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

nice macro pics mate 

it can be a debate for me when you see things that might or might not be what i think it is

creating angst for the grower , does a grower really need to hear my theories , ignorance

is bliss & i don't mean that in a nasty way , more a positive thing considering stress is a killer 

anyway sorry mate   

i see 2 things that might total up to showing spider mite presents but didn't notice the tell tale sign 

of speckling on leaves plus they look really healthy & happy 

the first pic , looks like webbing , center left 

the last pic , looks like spider mite egg , top left , underside of the leaf , tiny clear ball that might not be a clear ball at all 

these little fuckers could give you the mould you've seen as well  

i can't suggest anything you can spray cos i wouldn't spray a flowering plant 

predatory bugs would be my suggestion , buy them from bugs for bugs

if it's a heavy infestation which it doesn't look like it is , even the predator bugs

will prob struggle to over come the mites  

B4 doing anything consider if i'm talking tish of cause cos i am just looking at pics on a screen 

you would be a much better judge

sorry if i'm alarming you for no reason , i prob should just shut the fuck up   

• Upvote 1

nice macro pics mate 

it can be a debate for me when you see things that might or might not be what i think it is

creating angst for the grower , does a grower really need to hear my theories , ignorance

is bliss & i don't mean that in a nasty way , more a positive thing considering stress is a killer 

anyway sorry mate   

i see 2 things that might total up to showing spider mite presents but didn't notice the tell tale sign 

of speckling on leaves plus they look really healthy & happy 

the first pic , looks like webbing , center left 

the last pic , looks like spider mite egg , top left , underside of the leaf , tiny clear ball that might not be a clear ball at all 

these little fuckers could give you the mould you've seen as well  

i can't suggest anything you can spray cos i wouldn't spray a flowering plant 

predatory bugs would be my suggestion , buy them from bugs for bugs

if it's a heavy infestation which it doesn't look like it is , even the predator bugs

will prob struggle to over come the mites  

B4 doing anything consider if i'm talking tish of cause cos i am just looking at pics on a screen 

you would be a much better judge

sorry if i'm alarming you for no reason , i prob should just shut the fuck up   

Please don't shut up itchy, you are one of the most knowledgeable people on the forum.

I went out and had a close look to see if I could find any signs of the mites, happily the only sign of insect damage is from the snails already mentioned.

I think the web in the first shot is probably from a tiny spider, couldn't find one to photograph unfortunately nor find it on the net. I always have quite a few of them colonising the plant once it starts flowering, though I only see any web once I am drying the plants. I suspect the wind blows it away when the plants are in the ground.

I don't know what the egg could be: I couldn't find it when I looked.

I've never been bothered by mites when growing outdoors; this year I am having white cabbage moths showing much more interest than normal. Could be because I haven't planted any brassicas yet to take their interest. Only found one caterpillar so far but more to come I suspect.

I wonder if you can answer a question I am trying to research: When your cannabis plant detects that it is under insect attack I would expect it to react by trying to make its foliage less attractive to the pest. Perhaps by producing more resin or making the foliage more bitter.

Do you know of any research on the plant's response?

I found bloody mites on my 3 outdoor hempy plants... Got an order from Bugs for Bugs quick as a flash and I'm crossing my fingers... They seem to have only just started laying eggs and munching on the shade leaves, so I lollypopped all 3 and burnt the fuckers.... Californicus arrived today and I released 10000 of them on all affected plants (tomatoes as well :( ) ... Got another 10000 to release in a few days... Hopefully I make it to harvest without any full on mite issues... I've cut out a bit of mould as well, one section due to a sneaky caterpillar and another due to the humidity... I'm a dick for not having ANY IPM.... Thought my porch was safe from mites... Ya live and ya learn.   Bugs for bugs are awesome. 

• Upvote 1