Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

Yes. That could be it. Was trying to flood out the ants which took a recent interest. I should put the worm farm on legs one day and stand it in water because ants are all over the property and were in the compost until I flooded that too.

Sounds like way too much water... Usually water from food scraps is more than enough.

DoNothingGarden, what do you recommend for propagating cuttings and is it the same you would use for seeds? I might just sift some of my cooked soil next time and use a finer grade of that mixed with castings and compost.

I would soak in fulvic acid for half hour or so, dip cutting in pure aloe then straight into peat cube which also soaked with fulvic/kelp

yep fulvic acid is a catalyst for enzymes , enzymes are what kicks into gear in a seed at germination 

between aloe & kelp you have all the rooting hormones you find in , on the shelf rooting gels  

random google pic post-50689-0-47350800-1547247451_thumb.jpg

as far as a seedling soil mix go's , to much castings in a mix can be a problem 

try this if you like :

18 cups peat moss

2 cups castings 

4 cups air ( perlite )

1/4 cup kelp meal 

1/4 cup dolomite 

& water it in with rain or RO water , can add aloe if you have it 

water the mix in a pot so it drains well , you want to saturate the mix 

but you don't want it sitting in water 

do this mix a week in advance to get the microbes going

• Upvote 2

yep fulvic acid is a catalyst for enzymes , enzymes are what kicks into gear in a seed at germination 

between aloe & kelp you have all the rooting hormones you find in , on the shelf rooting gels  

random google pic attachicon.gifaloe clones.JPG

as far as a seedling soil mix go's , to much castings in a mix can be a problem 

try this if you like :

18 cups peat moss

2 cups castings 

4 cups air ( perlite )

1/4 cup kelp meal 

1/4 cup dolomite 

& water it in with rain or RO water , can add aloe if you have it 

water the mix in a pot so it drains well , you want to saturate the mix 

but you don't want it sitting in water 

do this mix a week in advance to get the microbes going

A few of our customers germinate their seeds directly in the soil that it finishes in with great results.