Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

Hey all! Just found this thread, im normally in the GC forums but decided to check out this Oz Stoners. One thing I like about the Australian version is there is no bs. I recognize Porky! Hey bud! I'm normally a hydro/bottle nutes guy, just grow for myself. Over years of banging my head in the wall over numerous problems I have been looking at NKF/NO TILL gardening methods, I have been following these guys in the states Buildasoil, notillgardening and a few others are All great growers! Then I stumbled across this thread and found this guy! Thank you! I have a lot to learn and a long way to go with Notill and NKF, but in the meantime I can jump straight in the deep end with this guy using his products. Big thank you for introducing us all to your products! I'll spread the word!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Hey all! Just found this thread, im normally in the GC forums but decided to check out this Oz Stoners. One thing I like about the Australian version is there is no bs. I recognize Porky! Hey bud! I'm normally a hydro/bottle nutes guy, just grow for myself. Over years of banging my head in the wall over numerous problems I have been looking at NKF/NO TILL gardening methods, I have been following these guys in the states Buildasoil, notillgardening and a few others are All great growers! Then I stumbled across this thread and found this guy! Thank you! I have a lot to learn and a long way to go with Notill and NKF, but in the meantime I can jump straight in the deep end with this guy using his products. Big thank you for introducing us all to your products! I'll spread the word!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Welcome! Be prepared to throw all those nute bottles out... Once you go living soil, U never go back!
  • Upvote 2

Just a quick question on a organic fabric pot I have going atm, how would i get rid of ants? My pot doesn't look like it's infested with them but I tried to plant out a OG seedling in it a few weeks ago and with in a day it went from 2 sets of leaves to a stalk. Ants all over it and the only critters around. I tried cinnamon, both sprinkled on top and as a drench but they're still around. Too scared to plant a new seed in there now. Anyone have something I can try?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Just a quick question on a organic fabric pot I have going atm, how would i get rid of ants? My pot doesn't look like it's infested with them but I tried to plant out a OG seedling in it a few weeks ago and with in a day it went from 2 sets of leaves to a stalk. Ants all over it and the only critters around. I tried cinnamon, both sprinkled on top and as a drench but they're still around. Too scared to plant a new seed in there now. Anyone have something I can try?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Ants don't eat plants... 

• Upvote 2

This thread has inspired me to create my own soil mix for next season and I have placed an order with NDG (and other suppliers) for the ingredients I can't supply myself. At least I have my own compost and worm castings to get me started.

I still have to buy something to mix it in and I do have a question. Should I let it age in the sun or under cover?

• Upvote 1

Under cover.

What kind of mix are you mixing?

Good to see someone mixing!

Can store it in bags or a pot, worth giving it a turn every so often.

Or could put clover in it and let it cook while getting roots in it.

I'm planning on using the Coots soil mix recipe at the moment but I'll look through the forum to see if there are other recipes that members have discussed.