Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

RO water contains zero mineral content so be aware of what's in your soil as it may draw trace elements and other nutrients out... You might be ok if your soil contains a fair amount of paramagnetic basalt rock dust and other slow release rock mineral sources.

agree RO is most definitely wasteful & would much prefer to use rain water 

i def use plenty of minerals/basalt in my soil mix & as top dressing by using grokashi 

which is made with azomite as one of the ingredients 

i also water pots very slowly , watering around 10% of soil volume , generally a lill less 

this has very minimal to zero run off , all of the water is contained in the pot 

& with a soil mix very similar to yours , wicking among other things keeps the 

pot evenly moist , just for the record minimum pot size is above 50lts 

fluoride is a byproduct from aluminum manufacture & is quite toxic imho

i avoid it as much as poss , i buy drinking water more so to avoid the old 

rusty pipes around my house but to avoid fluoride as well 

i buy non fluoride toothpaste & although i have a thick mulch layer that 

would help to trap any fluoride if using tap water i prefer to keep it off 

any food producing plants / living soils 

this might be stoner paranoia but i'd prefer to keep away from fluoride where possible 

& i don't seem to have any issues that i can see plant wise 

each to there own i guess 

ps my order for your recharge pack has just arrived , thank you 

• Upvote 1

agree RO is most definitely wasteful & would much prefer to use rain water 

i def use plenty of minerals/basalt in my soil mix & as top dressing by using grokashi 

which is made with azomite as one of the ingredients 

i also water pots very slowly , watering around 10% of soil volume , generally a lill less 

this has very minimal to zero run off , all of the water is contained in the pot 

& with a soil mix very similar to yours , wicking among other things keeps the 

pot evenly moist , just for the record minimum pot size is above 50lts 

fluoride is a byproduct from aluminum manufacture & is quite toxic imho

i avoid it as much as poss , i buy drinking water more so to avoid the old 

rusty pipes around my house but to avoid fluoride as well 

i buy non fluoride toothpaste & although i have a thick mulch layer that 

would help to trap any fluoride if using tap water i prefer to keep it off 

any food producing plants / living soils 

this might be stoner paranoia but i'd prefer to keep away from fluoride where possible 

& i don't seem to have any issues that i can see plant wise 

each to there own i guess 

ps my order for your recharge pack has just arrived , thank you

Cool, no prob. I only drink filtered water, removes 99% flouride, soil is incredible filter though as well however. The more organic matter/carbon the better it's buffering functions.

Check out Southern Cross Pottery for excellent stand alone water filters. Ditch the plastic bottle waste lol

not a bad idea 

the water we buy comes in 15lt reusable bottles 

but they are a plastic & would rather not use them 

the down side here , having to spend a large sum of $$$

to replace all the water piping that is very old on the house 

• Upvote 1

I'm lucky I have rain water.

I busted my ass a few months ago when they ran dry cleaning them. 2x10k Litres.

Cleaned gutters and washed an fixed everything that needed it.

Then installed a new filter at pump.

I had seen some small residue in tanks when they were empty, that was enough to prompt me into "go" mode. Full clean and tested for everything.

I have started an animal manure compost pile, animals drink the same water I use on plants, same Lucerne they eat, I have always mulched with.

Bore water shows EC 0.2 and pH around 5.3 last I checked.

Granite all around here.

I have used this in the past with no problems, without testing, but I'm guessing in a granite area, this would be fine? Perhaps beneficial to plants?

I don't think I have any mineral problems but if that water replaced a rock mineral component, it may be one less amendment for me to add, or decrease.

Topped the first stinging nettles the other day! Did a heavy seeding in 50l pots, cut the big ones to let the canopy beneath grow up.

Impressed with the speed of Urtica Dioca.

So who are the testers of the easy as soil? Love to see how it goes.

I'm trialling some dr.greenthumbs water only at the moment.

Love to see an Easy as Vs Dr.GT Vs OGS grow off.....

You stand a good chance with the quality of the big bio castings as it's all about the castings and like, no castings are exactly the same.

I don't see anybody going for the comfrey and nettles like I am, and I'm not sure why not? Besides space to grow?

I'm trying to aim for minimal inputs hence the comfrey and nettles.

Edited by Carbcon
  • Upvote 1

I'm lucky I have rain water.

I busted my ass a few months ago when they ran dry cleaning them. 2x10k Litres.

Cleaned gutters and washed an fixed everything that needed it.

Then installed a new filter at pump.

I had seen some small residue in tanks when they were empty, that was enough to prompt me into "go" mode. Full clean and tested for everything.

I have started an animal manure compost pile, animals drink the same water I use on plants, same Lucerne they eat, I have always mulched with.

Bore water shows EC 0.2 and pH around 5.3 last I checked.

Granite all around here.

I have used this in the past with no problems, without testing, but I'm guessing in a granite area, this would be fine? Perhaps beneficial to plants?

I don't think I have any mineral problems but if that water replaced a rock mineral component, it may be one less amendment for me to add, or decrease.

Topped the first stinging nettles the other day! Did a heavy seeding in 50l pots, cut the big ones to let the canopy beneath grow up.

Impressed with the speed of Urtica Dioca.

So who are the testers of the easy as soil? Love to see how it goes.

I'm trialling some dr.greenthumbs water only at the moment.

Love to see an Easy as Vs Dr.GT Vs OGS grow off.....

You stand a good chance with the quality of the big bio castings as it's all about the castings and like, no castings are exactly the same.

I don't see anybody going for the comfrey and nettles like I am, and I'm not sure why not? Besides space to grow?

I'm trying to aim for minimal inputs hence the comfrey and nettles.

Comfrey and nettles and all dynamic accumulators are awesome for amending and teas. Not in a commercially constructed soil though unless I were to grow fields of it lol

You should always include crushed rock in your soil mix... Crucial element that is part of what makes it a real soil. We don't want to have to rely on water soluble trace elements. Dr. Greenthumb was actually going to do a comparison himself... Personally I'm committed to producing the highest quality living organic soil that I can at the best possible price to be able to run a business and I'll remained focused on that, and let the results speak for themselves. Slot of customers over the last 2 years with amazing feedback. None of them like sharing photos and going online to talk about it though as mentioned previously. Hence why I pulled up some photos from one guy who was cool with it. U can check out the legal plants though on my insta at @donothing_gardener

Seen the pics, no doubt you make a good soil, ingredients say so too.

Just interesting to see how different people, environments etc go.

I'm not really striving for a water only, and I'm not commercial just super interested to run other soils to benchmark my own. I grow lots of veges and flowers too so there's always something getting seeded or potted up etc.

Any feedback on your soil used for veges and flowers?

Will defo check your insta.

• Upvote 1