Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

Just reading up some more on Albrecht and his theories of mineral balancing for optimum soil health. Anyone here researched in this area at all?

no i haven't done any major research

to be honest i can't really remember what this link/letter said 

but do remember reading it quite some time ago 

https://blog.nutri-tech.com.au/in-defense-of-albrecht/

Basically I use it as a guideline for where I want to be with mineral balancing... This will ensure a good home for microorganisms. The base saturation is what's important at a glance: the ratios in which mineral cations fill the total cation exchange capacity... When the soil has cycled completely it should settle at about 6.4 if it has been balanced properly. I recommend EAL labs for testing, they are the most renowned in the Southern Hemisphere particularly in the area of organic agriculture.

Also, great article from Nutri-Tech btw... This is especially important ”The desirable ratios are less significant in very heavy soils with a CEC of 40 to 60. For example, it is unlikely that there will be an appreciable difference by applying more lime, to play the numbers game, when you already have 10,000 ppm of calcium in your heavy, clay soil."

A good living organic soil should have a CEC above 30. Ours sits at about 33.

Edited by DoNothingGarden

Basically I use it as a guideline for where I want to be with mineral balancing... This will ensure a good home for microorganisms. The base saturation is what's important at a glance: the ratios in which mineral cations fill the total cation exchange capacity... When the soil has cycled completely it should settle at about 6.4 if it has been balanced properly. I recommend EAL labs for testing, they are the most renowned in the Southern Hemisphere particularly in the area of organic agriculture.

i looked at EAL to get some soil testing done but 

when you've never done it B4 & never had to read & understand the results 

not to mention the possible costs involved for a backyard gardener especially  

if you have to pay for a consultant to explain the results to you , it was a lill daunting 

that's one of the reasons i asked if you could explain your test results 

& what tests you had done / paid for 

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 1

Oh yeah sorry, I was going to do that lol

Forgot. Well, I think I started to though yeah? Began talking about base saturation and how you want the ratios pretty close to what they are on the test, however as CEC goes up this is less of an issue... The elements simply being there is enough as they will be buffered in cation exchange sites.