Thinking of trying

Why would you go and buy that kit after so many advised against it ? You got a decent light coming and all you needed was a tent and a decent fan/filter and you were set for years growing. and it would have been cheaper.   Now you got a fan will need replacing with a centrifugal fan next grow if it lasts first one even (inline fans don't work very well used with a carbon filter and are prone to failure if you do), a cool tube, globes and ballast you don't need and no carbon filter still. 8s

• Upvote 1

If I'd kept procrastinating this time next year. The lights coming I know are good. This is kinda set up to learn. The fan I think using one of the oscillating ones tower kinda will be best for air flow.

Better or worse its on the way.

Got 4 months to get this done now.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

It depends on ur environment, I found that leaving my veg tent open thru lights on would help get the VPD balance to keep things happier. Once I got the exhaust fan it helped to keep that environment fresher and closer to the relative humidity, assuming ur fan has enough go to create a negative vacuum in ur tent then leave it shut. Once u get a carbon filter u will need to keep it shut to filter the air thru the filter, and as previously mentioned you need a fan that can pull enough air outta the tent to create the vacuum which is more demanding once pulled thru a filter.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Only if it was hot but I guess you want to aim more of it being it’s on environment inside as you could have issues later if you need the tent open ie left open while your out and then lights go off but you then have light leak, or if you run at night and they get to hot you don’t really want them all open haha Edited by bakedcake

Even though my shitty opinion isn't wanted here. I will say the ventilation system will most likely require a major upgrade as that fan isn't going to cut it. You want at least a 8" centrifugal fan, a 8" to 6"* reduction joiner, a Y joiner & ducting to suit. Reason being, you want to draw the heat away from the Cooltube, and the top of the tent as well, if you plan on sucking everything through the Cooltube itself, you may run into complications with hot spots within the tent.

Also, it'd pay to dump any generated heat directly outside of room, running A/C alone is not only a waste of electricity it could potentially cause other complications. One of fundamental mistakes noobs make (myself included) is the oversight of creating the optimum grow environment within the allocated growing space with minimum conflicting issues. Ideally draw cooler air in and expel outside the room the tent is setup in.

Last but not least. If possible, avoid growing indoors during Summer months in the SEQ as temp can cause havoc. Ideally, the other 9 months of the year are the go

* or whatever diameter the Cooltube is.

• Upvote 2