Help please, new plants have taken a turn...

the seedling pots you have are very good, i would fill those with the right mix if you have a supply of them rather than buying more jiffys

I just saw ur comment mate, so my pots are fine, just get the nutrifield mix in there and start again?

I saw that my white widow was still kicking so I repotted it with some rough looking soil from a pot plant around the house, let's see if it's a fighter lol

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

These 2 are in jiffy pots.

The square one is in unbuffered bunnings coco and perlite.

Round pot is jiffy pots with hydrated jiffy puck.

Both have had same water, nutes lighting.

Having a few plants at different stages is a pain in the ass as mixing different strength nutes is time consuming.

Myself next time I am going to listen to my hydro shop guy and SE and go for perlite/vermiculite.

With the jiffys i think some of the guys here prefer the jiffy pucks that have a little sock on them.

Then when you see the roots you repot.

I like the peat pots as it seems yo be more forgiving for noobs with regards to overwateringattachicon.gif20180506_185821.jpeg

Your plant seems to be going well in the same bunnings stuff I was using, did u do anything special to it?

This is why I go on about perlite and vermiculite. It's a medium that won't fail or fuck things up. And so simple to use with exceptional results.

Most I see with coco is problems ,,nearly everyday here,,, but people still think it's the best shit to use ..Very Wrong.

So true

• Upvote 1

Your plant seems to be going well in the same bunnings stuff I was using, did u do anything special to it?

The square pot was well rinsed bunnings coco. Added a little dolomite solution to it.

It has struggled since. And will never use it again.

Rinsing it was a pain in the arse and a waste of a perfectly good pillow cover.

Round pot is a jiffy pot with a jiffy peat pellet. I will continue to use these for germination as they work for me.

I repotted today. Into hygen prebuffered coco/perlite with trichoderma and silica.

I just saw ur comment mate, so my pots are fine, just get the nutrifield mix in there and start again?

I saw that my white widow was still kicking so I repotted it with some rough looking soil from a pot plant around the house, let's see if it's a fighter lol

ye thats right, those particular ones allow a good tap root length, and take up hardly any room

The square pot was well rinsed bunnings coco. Added a little dolomite solution to it.

It has struggled since. And will never use it again.

Rinsing it was a pain in the arse and a waste of a perfectly good pillow cover.

Round pot is a jiffy pot with a jiffy peat pellet. I will continue to use these for germination as they work for me.

I repotted today. Into hygen prebuffered coco/perlite with trichoderma and silica.

hey mate, if u ever have to rinse coco again, those fabric shopping bags do the trick. cheap as. will save u from ruining ur pillowcases lol