Help please, new plants have taken a turn...

Ok , 4 inches sounds right

There’s a couple here such as midlifegardner who uses that coco, maybe he can help u with that

In the meantime repot as tunkers said , ask mlg what nutrients he uses n what he does to treat the coco b4 he uses it

Ph meter is essential as well it’s important, very important, wrong ph n u will cause lockouts of nutrients

A little bit of diluted seasol or root formula wouldn’t hurt to establish good root growth

A little fan to strengthen the muscles in stems is also required n get the air moving in n around them

First things first , fix the issue at hand

The 1000w fixture , what is that?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

I do have seasol but have been hesitant to introduce anything other than water and light for the first week as this was the understanding I had after researching the topic extensively, I'm really thinking i should have waited for the EC meter but I figured I only really needed it once I was feeding the plant.

The 1000w fixture is a HID HPS lamp in an air cooled hood for the flowering tent (I'm attempting a perpetual harvest) I also have a 1000w MH bulb I can use to experiment between it and the T5 (at a later date lol)

I'm sure this is something minor, I will see what tomorrow brings, if the 2 sprouts I have die and the following 2 seeds that I just planted die then I guess it will be time to do what I originally was going to do and that is grow in soil [emoji6]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Maybe I could be wrong on this but it sounds like your trying your best and taking on to much. Just relax..Easier said than done.

The good old KISS method allways works.

If you do change the medium short term seedraising mix is only $8 for the good stuff at Bunnings.

I know for me the way some of these guys talk might as well be in Egyption hyraglifics because I don't know wtf it means half the time.

You'll be ok....

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Your right Aquadoll, I am doing my best, I believe I had everything down to an easy KISS model. I'm confidant in my knowledge and understanding I have at this point, there's just something giving me grief and I'm sure it's simple...just gotta find that issue is [emoji1]

This is why I go on about perlite and vermiculite. It's a medium that won't fail or fuck things up. And so simple to use with exceptional results.

Most I see with coco is problems ,,nearly everyday here,,, but people still think it's the best shit to use ..Very Wrong.

My local hydro guys swears by perlite and vermiculite. Next round i guess i follow that advice.

• Upvote 1

only time ive had any success with non buffered coco which is the brunnings style is when adding it as a small amount to a soil medium, 1/3, which apprently is a bad thing to do. as a failed coco grower mainly before the idea of buffering and how to add back in the nutes became more known, all i can say is that shit will kill your stuff

My local hydro guys swears by perlite and vermiculite. Next round i guess i follow that advice.

When I started coco wasn't even on the scene ,I stopped for a number of years and started again ,then Coco and coco nutes were in all the shops ,.

What happened was these guys figured they could market the fuck out of coco and make big bucks from a very cheap product.

And so they did and so they made and make big bucks selling the shit as a hydro medium that is mediocre .

But it often comes in pretty bags and all the shops stock it so it must be good huh.,,,,Nooooo.

Do you notice all the conflicting advice around coco ,? thats cos it's not a great medium to begin with,so of course people will have problems.

If it was so good it'd be as simple as watering your plants and they grow without all the probs you read about here ,,but the reality of coco is that it comes with problems.

Perlite and vermiculite ,and you've got a happy rootzone ,,Just water and forget.

So simple.